By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Maybe the wii is a fad -recent plunge in NA numbers

BenKenobi88 said:
redspear said:
Well until I can actually see Wiis sitting on the shelf in at least one store in my area(SF Bay area) for more than a day...or at least until I start seeing the intranets filled with pictures of Wiis in stock in the US which will happen when it is no longer supply constraint or at least until the PS3 or 360 outsells the Wii by itself for a sustained period of 3 weeks I am going to have to say that there si no sign of slowing down.

Don't you know? The store near Kwaad and Hus get a shipment of about 100 Wiis per day, and they just sit there, stacking higher and higher...

Well that'd just get dangerous after a week..

llewdebkram said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
weezy said:
I just sold my Wii because its not cool anymore

Sadly, that's all us Wii owners can do at this abysmal news.

I've just put black bags over our Wiis and painted PS3 on the side.

You may as well throw it out now... its useless, it is supposed to say "Playstation 3"... gosh!

Around the Network

So Wii outsells everything except DS in every makrket and its a fad, ok, riiight

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Metallicube said:
Kayanator said:
this is a serious thread. someone explain why eu sales are much higher than na

Alright now this is a craaazy theory, but bare with me here.. Could it be that *gasp! Nintendo MAY have supply shortages in the US and shipped extra units to Europe?? I know it's quite a stretch indeed but I think it might be teh truth!!1

...but then it wouldn't be a fad, and THAT just wouldn't do!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

tabsina said:
BenKenobi88 said:
redspear said:
Well until I can actually see Wiis sitting on the shelf in at least one store in my area(SF Bay area) for more than a day...or at least until I start seeing the intranets filled with pictures of Wiis in stock in the US which will happen when it is no longer supply constraint or at least until the PS3 or 360 outsells the Wii by itself for a sustained period of 3 weeks I am going to have to say that there si no sign of slowing down.

Don't you know? The store near Kwaad and Hus get a shipment of about 100 Wiis per day, and they just sit there, stacking higher and higher...

Well that'd just get dangerous after a week.. 

Thats why we haven't seen Kwaad and Hus lately.  They are trapped under that mountain of Wii's.  We won't see them again until NA actually starts buying Wii's again

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

We'll never see them again :(

Around the Network
llewdebkram said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
weezy said:
I just sold my Wii because its not cool anymore

Sadly, that's all us Wii owners can do at this abysmal news.

I've just put black bags over our Wiis and painted PS3 on the side. 

Now that was pure comedy

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Kayanator said:
The X360 is a bomb no one cares about it thats why in a few years itll just be the forgotten janitor cleaning up the mess left behind by the wii and ps3 just like the first xbox

Wait, lol, how old are you?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

You can claim the "fad" is over when used/new Wii's on Ebay stop selling for $100 more than retail.

Jetlogs said:
The Wii is a fad, and people are learning not to buy inferior consoles. Its basically two gamecubes duct-taped together. Once 2008 starts, the great software for the PS360 will totally swamp the Wii, which only has mini-games (LOL Wiifit). Besides, Michael Pachter himself said that the PS3 will totally dominate 2008. HD for the win!

yeah this is what they also said about 2007 and we know what happened right?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

So the Wii is a fad and the X360 has bombed...

I shan't returned to this thread, good day.