By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Maybe the wii is a fad -recent plunge in NA numbers

Well at least we got that straightened out. I was getting tired of the Wii's fad dragging on and on and on. Now the REAL console wars can start. And when I say the real war, I mean PS3 domination, because it seems the 360 has bombed as well.

Around the Network

"Maybe the wii is a fad -recent plunge in NA numbers"

*looks at watch....
Yep, the next ice age was due last week as well.

!It's the end of the world as we know it!

Thread of The week!

Good to see this site is still going 

noooooooo!!!!

I might as well put my Wii on a shelf next to my Beanie Babies and Tickle Me Elmo....

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Metallicube said:
Kayanator said:
this is a serious thread. someone explain why eu sales are much higher than na

Alright now this is a craaazy theory, but bare with me here.. Could it be that *gasp! Nintendo MAY have supply shortages in the US and shipped extra units to Europe?? I know it's quite a stretch indeed but I think it might be teh truth!!1

hmm... maybe because Nintendo accidently sent a boat that was supposed to go to NA to Others...  I am sure that is it....

It is all about supply, Others numbers a better because there is more supply.

BTW- The Wii is EXTREMELY supply constrained... most shipments come during the day, if you go shopping for 1 after 5 your chances are 1 in a million to find one... I live in NA

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Metallicube said:
Kayanator said:
this is a serious thread. someone explain why eu sales are much higher than na

Alright now this is a craaazy theory, but bare with me here.. Could it be that *gasp! Nintendo MAY have supply shortages in the US and shipped extra units to Europe?? I know it's quite a stretch indeed but I think it might be teh truth!!1

hmm... maybe because Nintendo accidently sent a boat that was supposed to go to NA to Others... I am sure that is it....

It is all about supply, Others numbers a better because there is more supply.

BTW- The Wii is EXTREMELY supply constrained... most shipments come during the day, if you go shopping for 1 after 5 your chances are 1 in a million to find one... I live in NA

Yeah.  When I was picking up Assassin's Creed DS yesterday, a guy came in looking for a Wii.  The store employee said they had none.  They got a shipment the day before, but it sold out in the morning.  The guy gave a sigh and said "Just like last week, when I last checked here".

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
brute said:
Jetlogs said:
The Wii is a fad, and people are learning not to buy inferior consoles. Its basically two gamecubes duct-taped together. Once 2008 starts, the great software for the PS360 will totally swamp the Wii, which only has mini-games (LOL Wiifit). Besides, Michael Pachter himself said that the PS3 will totally dominate 2008. HD for the win!

yeah this is what they also said about 2007 and we know what happened right?

fine...i'll admit the Wii is a fad. However, it is a fad that will last 10+ years. PS2 is a fad that has lasted 8+ years now

Here are some of the facts.

Based upon this week, the Wii is selling 1.473M per month while Nintendo's max manufacturing capacity is 1.8M per month.

There might be some storing for China. There might be some manufacturing off-line for retooling. There might be some catching up from flying January shipments in December.

The Wii sales in NA were less than the Wii sales in EU. But the Wii sales in NA were greater than the other two consoles.

(NA supply is still contrained and probably got fewer shipments because of extra Xmas shipments via air).

So how does this make it a fad?

Mike from Moragntown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

ROFL! All the sarcasm in this thread have made my day. WIN!

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

I forget who I stole this from... 

When Nintendo announces a new console in 2015 or so, the fad will finally be over, and a new fad generation can start!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )