By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Zero Punctuation Thread!!

first i will agree its own opinion that mattes second yahtzee was attacking its as an art, and he was atacking not critiquing 4 years working on a bfa i know what a critique is, i have seen people flee from a room crying, been told my work looked like a dog mauled it.

yahtzee is just being a bully and attacking something he does not like. now i have not seen their coverstains back and forth and do not know either of them personaly but so far i have not seen cad attack him directly or indirectly and i read that each time there is a new comic. so i see this as very low class

second he should just say a throw down on CAD, when i first clicked i was hoppign for a real review of web comicks from girlyyy, to raymondo person.

i view comics as art, bill waterson, was the first one to push me towards this direction. quite a few prof, in college would disagree, however I fail to see what holds them back from being a fine art.

comics are a graphic medium in which images are used to display a narrative... though even, a narrative is not really needed

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
goddog said:
first i will agree its own opinion that mattes second yahtzee was attacking its as an art, and he was atacking not critiquing 4 years working on a bfa i know what a critique is, i have seen people flee from a room crying, been told my work looked like a dog mauled it.

yahtzee is just being a bully and attacking something he does not like. now i have not seen their coverstains back and forth and do not know either of them personaly but so far i have not seen cad attack him directly or indirectly and i read that each time there is a new comic. so i see this as very low class

second he should just say a throw down on CAD, when i first clicked i was hoppign for a real review of web comicks from girlyyy, to raymondo person.

i view comics as art, bill waterson, was the first one to push me towards this direction. quite a few prof, in college would disagree, however I fail to see what holds them back from being a fine art.

comics are a graphic medium in which images are used to display a narrative... though even, a narrative is not really needed

I have no idea what your talking about.... but if someone is doing a comic strip about comedy and they want to do something else... that's what a whole new strip is for.

You can do something new sure... but Mat Groening shouldn't suddenly turn the simpons into a serious war drama because he wants to try something new... he should... do something new.  Not try and reshape what he's currently doing so he doesn't lose as many viewers.

Yahtzee was partly attacking Buckley over art style, but mainly because of attitude. And whilst you can say that art and taste are debatable, Buckley's behaviour is not.
He quickly kills of any critique instead of being open to it (the lock on the yahtzee thread is only a mild intrusion) and Buckley does indeed have a bit of an Napoleon/God complex in him. And for that Yahtzee has every right to attack, just as he has the same right to attack Lord British for being nuts and Kojima for missing any coherence.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I think some of us may also be forgetting this IS Yahtzee and zero punctuation..the whole point is to brutally attack the subject in all but the rarest situations (ie portal).

To Each Man, Responsibility

As usual Yahtzee is in top form, but B^U is an easy target. Satire over the abortion comics is almost a meme now on the internet. Can we post some delicious shoop's nao?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

Thanks for the edit Sqrl! ^_^ I have been busy doing some underground stuff for VGC adn havent had too much time to edit this thread.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

The new Indiana Jones one is just kind of... boring.  I'm disappointed.

I like it, it's not his best, but still lives up to the ZP reputation in my opinion.

Not great but it was okay....

Former something....