By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is the biggest reason immigration anger's you? Why are we all so mad?

My Economist Professor once made a statement like those three guys in the video...I waited until he was done...

The brought up what he had teaching us(professor happened to be Jewish)

Trade creates wealth out of thin air...basic concept of economics
anything that regulates trade is bad for the economy...basic concept of economics

Made following statements:
Immigration legal or illegal creates trade (he agreed)
So, your previous statement about illegal immigrants is similar to the propaganda used against Jewish immigrants, Irish immigrants, and Chinese immigrants throughout our history. (he agreed)

People like to blame their problems on others
its easy to do

Around the Network

I'm fine with immigration. As a teacher though, I just wish they would make sure their kids are fluent in English before they stick them in the public education system...

And also if illegal immigration is such a problem then how can no one seems to have come up with a better solution to it yet? Instead we continue to yet them past and by the time they settle down, it is almost impossible to find them and i think by then you might as well give them the chance to become a citizen rather than kick them out. We need to get better border controls. Instead in the UK anyway, our government think it is a good idea to use racial profiling to find so called illegals. Bloody morons! 

It's not hard to find illegal immigrants.  It's just nobody looks.  Nobody looks for a better reason either because Illegal aliens are great for big companies.

3rd world labor rights and pay right here in the USA.  That's the weird thing about it.  Liberals should be against illegal immigration because of the exploitative forces at work and the lack of diversification that comes with it... and instead be supporting a crackdown on illegal immigration and increasing legal immigration.

Immigration needs to be more controlled IMO.

Big business loves mass immigration because it provides a timid, compliant, pre-trained and above all CHEAP and EASILY EXPLOITABLE workforce. There is a sudden race to the bottom when it comes to wages and conditions. Jobs which used to pay decent salaries a man could raise a family on, have now become hourly payed, cheap quasi-slave labour.

This contributes to a lot of problems. Who wants to train up local people when you can have pre-trained, imported labour for half the price? The "Takin' our jobs!" joke on South Park may seem all well and good when you're a smug media goon payed a fortune for doing something fun and creative that ONLY YOU can do. But when you're working class doing a working class job you see things very differently. You see a disenfranchised working class population, many of whom have actually given up.

When will people get over the fact that this is a NUMBERS thing, not a pathological hatred of someone else's skin colour thing?

I understand the Bankers are responsible for most of the misery in this country but until we have held them to account it might be worth taking on an immigration policy more similar to the Australians, the Danes or the Japanese who seem to actually value what they have.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.

Mainly i get angered because they don't have to pay into the system sometimes like we do. For example, Obama is bringing 6,000 Syrian refugees to the USA to house them. Once here, they will get benefits to eat, live, etc that many homeless americans are refused. Thats not fair. Many of those homeless Americans worked at one time, or are veterans. Yet they get denied, and many who come here get it on a silver platter.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
oldschoolfool said:
people love anything that's free. I'm sure if starbucks offered one small free cup of coffee,there would be a line around the block. Are if someone offered one free donut,there would be a line 10 miles long. I think it has to do more with that,then any immigration thing.

But the question is "Why are we so angry"? Immigration is part of America's history. What has changed now?

americans are all imigrants :P they just forgot that along the way

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Since the time I've familiarized myself with the concept of free-floating capital, while being taught Marxian politeconomy at class, I've come to a simple conclusion. If you can freely move capital across the border, it's only natural to suggest that labour should be alowed to travel across the border freely as well. While imagining this, I shudder. Moving these great masses of people might lead to disastrous consequences in social aspect, that's why we're giving people jobs at home instead inviting them to our place.

Time has passed, we don't create jobs for other people at their home anymore, so en masse they moved over here. Say, take Ukraine. A country with standards of living traditionally a tad, but higher than ours, an industrually developed country may I add that used to build aircraft carriers and all that sh*t. It used to... today, the average wage is like 3 times lower than it is over here and half of younger people are abroad trying to make a living, majority are over here. Paradigm have changed with very cloudy prospects what to do next.

That's what... not really angers, but bothers me most when I think about immigrants. The questions of racism (stupid word), or hate (that's better) do not even come into my mind. Why? We lived in the same country not so long ago, out of which 10 years of my childhood I lived near Samarkand, which is modern Uzbekistan, a place majority of gastarbeiters came from. So whenever I come across our janitor, I stain my mind to think of few Uzbek words to have a chat, becaue we're last generation that has been raised in the spirit of 'friendship of nations', Soviet internationalism like it or not. Younger generations don't have this.

Kasz216 said:

And also if illegal immigration is such a problem then how can no one seems to have come up with a better solution to it yet? Instead we continue to yet them past and by the time they settle down, it is almost impossible to find them and i think by then you might as well give them the chance to become a citizen rather than kick them out. We need to get better border controls. Instead in the UK anyway, our government think it is a good idea to use racial profiling to find so called illegals. Bloody morons! 

It's not hard to find illegal immigrants.  It's just nobody looks.  Nobody looks for a better reason either because Illegal aliens are great for big companies.

3rd world labor rights and pay right here in the USA.  That's the weird thing about it.  Liberals should be against illegal immigration because of the exploitative forces at work and the lack of diversification that comes with it... and instead be supporting a crackdown on illegal immigration and increasing legal immigration.

How would you find them then? Racial profiling and throwing them into a van is the wrong way of doing it. 

And also i don't understand why people blame immigrants for no jobs. It's the explotative nature of companies as they know immigrants are willing to work for less. It don't make it right as the company should pay the same regardless of whether they are an immigrant or a native. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Kasz216 said:

How would you find them then? Racial profiling and throwing them into a van is the wrong way of doing it. 

And also i don't understand why people blame immigrants for no jobs. It's the explotative nature of companies as they know immigrants are willing to work for less. It don't make it right as the company should pay the same regardless of whether they are an immigrant or a native. 

Racial profiling?  Why would you need to do that.

Illegal aliens need to work.

All you need to do is make sure that companies are regularly checked to make sure all their employees have the right paperwork... I mean... making sure people here illegally takes less effort then making sure people are paid equally.  Since you can make up paperwork to fake paying people one wage when paying them another under the table.

When stopped by the police while suspected committing a crime, people need to give their names.  All a cop needs to do is make sure that name is in the system.   (And honestly, that should be true for witnessing a crime as well.)   This can be for things as trivial as not having a drivers liscense.  Chances are if your in the country illegally you are going to be doing a lot of things illegally because you can't aquire the required credentials to do so.  (For example, in Las Vegas you need a health card before you can work practically any low wage job that has anything relating to do with food.  Don't have your card... you get a fine for committing a crime. Nobody checks if you give a fake name though.)

Illegal aliens need medical care.  You have to provide at least a social security number to be treated at a hospital (unless unconsious or something) all you'd need to do is make sure those social security numbers actually match with the name given.

Illeal alien's children often receive welfare.  It'd be a pretty simple thing to crossrefrence children who receive welfare with parents who for some reason don't.

Illegal alien children need education.  Again, social security numbers are required here.

Hell these are ways to find illegal aliens that already exist and can be used but aren't. (For specific reasons here and there.)

Let alone other things... hell generally you need a Social Security number to rent an apparentment.

It's really easy to find illegal aliens.  You basically need a social security number to do a lot of basic ass things you need to live in a country.  Generally people don't though because it's bad for buisness profit margins, and generally they don't want to rip up families.

Hell of a thing to catch a father or mother here illegal and get him all set up and ready for deportion with the rest of his family not sure if they should stay or go.

It's why you need to prevent people from coming here illegally in the first place.  Once they are here, it's just too damaging to remove them and free imigration of people is a foolish belief.

Kasz216 said:
Racial profiling?  Why would you need to do that. (unfortunately British authorities think it is a good idea)

Illegal aliens need to work.

All you need to do is make sure that companies are regularly checked to make sure all their employees have the right paperwork... I mean... making sure people here illegally takes less effort then making sure people are paid equally.  Since you can make up paperwork to fake paying people one wage when paying them another under the table.

When stopped by the police while suspected committing a crime, people need to give their names.  All a cop needs to do is make sure that name is in the system.   (And honestly, that should be true for witnessing a crime as well.)   This can be for things as trivial as not having a drivers liscense.  Chances are if your in the country illegally you are going to be doing a lot of things illegally because you can't aquire the required credentials to do so.  (For example, in Las Vegas you need a health card before you can work practically any low wage job that has anything relating to do with food.  Don't have your card... you get a fine for committing a crime. Nobody checks if you give a fake name though.)

Illegal aliens need medical care.  You have to provide at least a social security number to be treated at a hospital (unless unconsious or something) all you'd need to do is make sure those social security numbers actually match with the name given.

Illeal alien's children often receive welfare.  It'd be a pretty simple thing to crossrefrence children who receive welfare with parents who for some reason don't.

Illegal alien children need education.  Again, social security numbers are required here.

Hell these are ways to find illegal aliens that already exist and can be used but aren't. (For specific reasons here and there.)

Let alone other things... hell generally you need a Social Security number to rent an apparentment.

It's really easy to find illegal aliens.  You basically need a social security number to do a lot of basic ass things you need to live in a country.  Generally people don't though because it's bad for buisness profit margins, and generally they don't want to rip up families.

Hell of a thing to catch a father or mother here illegal and get him all set up and ready for deportion with the rest of his family not sure if they should stay or go.

It's why you need to prevent people from coming here illegally in the first place.  Once they are here, it's just too damaging to remove them and free imigration of people is a foolish belief.

That makes sense and yeah i agree we need to stop people from coming illegally in the first place. It's morally wrong to split up families over it, so tighter border security is needed  

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018