By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:
JGarret said:
John, here´s Malstrom´s latest article about the awful news from Nintendo today:

"Read it and see. Of course, readers of this page knew that 3DS and Wii U would be disastrous even before their launches.

This is from Iwata Asks. You will read it and see Nintendo’s sick, sick 3d obsession.

Iwata

Just like Miyamoto-san said, for a while after the Nintendo DS and Wii systems came out, we didn’t attempt much with 3D aside from the Shigureden exhibit. As we approached development of our next handheld gaming device and considered the possible technologies, one of the developers said, “What about trying 3D?”

Listen…

MiyamotoJust when 3D had slipped our minds, a staff member said, “You know, 3D is a possibility.”
ItoiWas that someone untraumatized by past experiences with 3D?
IwataYeah. (laughs) Someone unacquainted with the pain, if I am to follow your phrase.
MiyamotoYeah. (laughs)
ItoiI had a hunch. (laughs)
IwataAfter all, we had undergone some painful experiences in our efforts at 3D, so we’d grown somewhat reluctant.
ItoiI would think so. And you’d just had two big hits with Nintendo DS and Wii, so you might have preferred to leave well enough alone.
MiyamotoBut that timing was not bad at all when we thought about it. The basic elements of Nintendo 3DS build upon those of Nintendo DS, so simply updating to the newest technology would naturally improve upon the graphics. The resolution would go up and the depictive capabilities would go up. In other words, we could create lots of images and display them. But if we just made a product with evolved graphics for creating pretty pictures, the product would end up being a machine anyone can create.

It’s not Iwata that needs to be fired, it is Miyamoto. Miyamoto is the vision behind the 3DS (and probably Wii U as well). You can see that the idea was to take the DS and cram 3d into it because Nintendo has a sick, sick obsession with 3d. Iwata even admits that every time they try 3d, there is immense pain for the company. Miyamoto does not care. He pushes it to go ahead. The result is nearly destroying Nintendo’s handheld market.

The Wii U interviews only hover over the technical issues of the system. It’s clear there is no philosophy behind the Wii U. It is just a HD Gamecube with a ‘pad-like’ controller. It is not a solution to many problems but many solutions searching for problems.

Then they made a lazy 2d Mario with NSMB U. Ugh.

I think Miyamoto should get most of the blame. Miyamoto is a Board Member and was the ‘visionary’ behind the 3DS. Somehow, I’d like to blame this on Aonuma too. You know during the Wii Era, it was Aonuma who revealed what Nintendo almost came up with for the Wii design. It was a Gamecube like console with a touchscreen in the controller. I remember reading it at the time and thinking, “Man, if Nintendo did that, they would have been in BIG TROUBLE! Thank goodness for the Wii.” So then Nintendo makes the Wii U, and it was clear this was going to be a disaster. The Wii U design is probably because Nintendo couldn’t think of anything better so they went with the discarded plan they had for the Wii.

I think people calling for Iwata’s head are being pre-mature. You can only get rid of someone when you have someone to replace them. The skills of a game console head are numerous, vast, and rare. Iwata was put in because of his development history but because of how he turned HAL around. Any future president would first be groomed with the Corporate Planning Division as Iwata was starting in 2000."

The 3DS is outselling all other video game systems every single week, and there is nothing Sony & Microsoft can do about it.

3D is here to stay, so get over yourself. You are just selfish.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173039

Enjoy.

By the way, have you seen how well 3D has been doing since October 2013?

NOT Pre-October 2013.

It hasn't been doing anywhere near as well as Nintendo hoped. They expected it to sell 18m this fiscal year. 

It's currently showing it will sell around 150 million in lifetime sells, with the figures we have always been seeing in the sells to this date.

And Nintendo always over predicts. Just look at their history these past 3 or more years.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:

It's currently showing it will sell around 150 million in lifetime sells, with the figures we have always been seeing in the sells to this date.

And Nintendo always over predicts. Just look at their history these past 3 or more years.

Have you even looked at the figures? The 3DS has sold 42 million in its first three years. Now that the 3DS has hit it's peak year it's all downhill from here. If it stays on the market for another 4 years then it will only barely pass the PSP. Can you please give me your yearly estimates for the 3DS and WiiU because right now I have no idea where you're getting numbers from. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kaizar said:
When a Video Game System hits 6 million in Global Hardware Sells, things change drastically for either better or worse.

And it always comes down to what is currently available, plus what's coming out in the next 3 to 6 months.

Sorry if you don't get any of this. But I'm letting you know how this industry seriously works like, 100% of the time for the past many years

So if this is how it works 100% of the time, can you give me 10 examples where things changed drastically for a video game system upon hitting 6 million?

JoeTheBro said:

Seece said:

Which one is passing the right message? Hmm...

JoeTheBro, please tell me the social media pages you saw that. I feel I can make a lot of money making bets with those people

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Ok, I have a serious question for Kaizar here. The age that your profile shows, is that really how old you are?

Around the Network

Those financials.....I never saw that coming.

Okay, me sales predictions will be wrong. I was wrong!

But I'd like to hear John's opinion on this, tough.

Metalheadgamer said:
Those financials.....I never saw that coming.

Okay, me sales predictions will be wrong. I was wrong!

But I'd like to hear John's opinion on this, tough.

Yeah keep dreaming, Lucas refuses to discuss sales or numbers, or even his own failed predictions. 

''Yeah keep dreaming, Lucas refuses to discuss sales or numbers, or even his own failed predictions.''

I can contact him outside of vgchartz.

Metalheadgamer said:
''Yeah keep dreaming, Lucas refuses to discuss sales or numbers, or even his own failed predictions.''

I can contact him outside of vgchartz.

Then please ask him to come give an update on the WiiU's big turnaround in Japan. 

''Then please ask him to come give an update on the WiiU's big turnaround in Japan.''

As soon as I get my WiiU back, I will. Next month.