By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:

It's currently showing it will sell around 150 million in lifetime sells, with the figures we have always been seeing in the sells to this date.

And Nintendo always over predicts. Just look at their history these past 3 or more years.

Have you even looked at the figures? The 3DS has sold 42 million in its first three years. Now that the 3DS has hit it's peak year it's all downhill from here. If it stays on the market for another 4 years then it will only barely pass the PSP. Can you please give me your yearly estimates for the 3DS and WiiU because right now I have no idea where you're getting numbers from. 

Then why is the 3DS still outselling the PS4 every week throughout 2014?

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:

It's currently showing it will sell around 150 million in lifetime sells, with the figures we have always been seeing in the sells to this date.

And Nintendo always over predicts. Just look at their history these past 3 or more years.

Have you even looked at the figures? The 3DS has sold 42 million in its first three years. Now that the 3DS has hit it's peak year it's all downhill from here. If it stays on the market for another 4 years then it will only barely pass the PSP. Can you please give me your yearly estimates for the 3DS and WiiU because right now I have no idea where you're getting numbers from. 

Do you even know what a peak year is? I said the 3DS hit it's peak and now it's going to go downhill every year from here on out. You brought in a completely unrelated fact for no reason whatsoever. I'm not trying to be a jerk here but you're making absolutely no sense and I'm not sure how to keep responding to you. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kaizar said:

There is only one week of data for 2014 so far and the PS4 was ahead in North America, Europe, and Rest of the World.

Either way how is that a counter point to saying the "3DS has hit its peak year"?  Also, you expect the 3DS to beat the PS4 by 124 million.  It only has a lead of 38m right now, so it will need to do a whole lot more than just outsell it.  It will need to have a continued lifespan equal to the PS4 and more than double the PS4's sales throughout that time period.

Kaizar said:
When a Video Game System hits 6 million in Global Hardware Sells, things change drastically for either better or worse.

And it always comes down to what is currently available, plus what's coming out in the next 3 to 6 months.

Sorry if you don't get any of this. But I'm letting you know how this industry seriously works like, 100% of the time for the past many years.

And personally, I don't think the PS4 & ONE will reach 80 million each, because of lack of breakdowns, and lack of needing more then 500 GB model of the systems.

I think the Wii U will get over 90% of the people who bought the Wii, plus a lot of people who didn't buy a Wii. Plus people can now play most 3rd party games on the Wii U like Assassin's Creed and etc. etc. etc. (for lifetime sells being over 120 million for Wii U)

The only factor I don't know about is the, when will they get around to buying the system.

I also believe that a lot of people haven't yet, gotten around to buying a 3DS/3DS XL yet, but diffenitely will. Plus I also believe that people who never bought a DS will buy a 3DS, like we have already been seeing for the first time ever. Plus the actually multimedia features like 3D Camera for recording 3D videos and taking 3D photos, plus the digital & physical 3DS copy of full 3D Movies from Warner Bros. & Dreamworks & Disney. (for some of my explanation about the 3DS over 200 million lifetime sells)

I also believe that the PS Vita will eventually stop getting decent content for Nihonjin gamers, and just die out one way or another. (so I will probably change my prediction to less then 30 million lifetime sells, now)

U cant be serious, where are you coming up with this 6m nonsense? Once again ur making up facts.

U havent explained at all how Wii U/3DS woll accomplish these goals. Obviosly 3D Camera/video has helped at all thus far

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Zod95 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Seece said:

Which one is passing the right message? Hmm...

JoeTheBro, please tell me the social media pages you saw that. I feel I can make a lot of money making bets with those people

ifunny. It's an app designed for funny pictures and gifs, but lots of these type of things get featured too.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:
When a Video Game System hits 6 million in Global Hardware Sells, things change drastically for either better or worse.

And it always comes down to what is currently available, plus what's coming out in the next 3 to 6 months.

Sorry if you don't get any of this. But I'm letting you know how this industry seriously works like, 100% of the time for the past many years

So if this is how it works 100% of the time, can you give me 10 examples where things changed drastically for a video game system upon hitting 6 million?

The PS3 needed certain key titles and features and price point to sell, and same goes for 360.

the 3DS & PS Vita sells show it.

The PSP sells show it.

The DS sells show it.

The Wii U has more better weekly sells in 2014 then 2013 being in the watery territory of 5.X million.

I predict when 8th Gen Home Consoles get there, they will show it as well.

The Wii was selling on futuristic aspects.

So 6 to 9 reasons is all I got on the top of my head.

(so excluding the Wii, I got my proof, and it diffintely proves so when it comes to Sony & Microsoft)

I guess Nintendo Home Consoles are the only wild card. But I predict that it has ended with the Wii.

NinteDOOMination

Kaizar said:
Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:

Sorry if you don't get any of this. But I'm letting you know how this industry seriously works like, 100% of the time for the past many years

So if this is how it works 100% of the time, can you give me 10 examples where things changed drastically for a video game system upon hitting 6 million?

The PS3 needed certain key titles and features and price point to sell, and same goes for 360.

The PS3 sold nearly 8 million in it's first full year on the market, the WiiU barely sold 3m. You can't compare the two. 

Again, the 3DS was never doing as poorly as the WiiU, you can't compare them. The Vita makes no sense in this context.

The PSP sells show it.

See arguments for PS3 and 3DS.

The DS sells show it.

The DS became huge when the DS Lite came out, it had nothing to do with the pricepoint. 

The Wii U has more better weekly sells in 2014 then 2013 being in the watery territory of 5.X million.

I assume you're saying the WiiU will sell roughly 5m in 2014, which is a decent prediction, but those numbers are still terrible. 

Get where? Show what?

What?

You didn't list a single decent reason for the WiiU to sell 120m or the 3DS to sell 200m.

(so excluding the Wii, I got my proof, and it diffintely proves so when it comes to Sony & Microsoft)

The only thing you proved is that you have no idea what you're talking about. 

I guess Nintendo Home Consoles are the only wild card. But I predict that it has ended with the Wii.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I still believe Nintendo can turn the wii u around this year..

But I don,t .expect a phenomenom like the wii. Well, not anymore.

Kaizar said:
Yakuzaice said:
Kaizar said:

The PSP sells show it.

The DS sells show it.

Where do u keep coming up with this 6 million theory? U keep saying Iit but not explaining it

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.