By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Clinton vs. Obama: Who's gonna win?

i don't see why Hillary is losing money. The clintons are supposed to be really good at raising funds. I guess Obama is Howard Dean-like when it comes to raising money from the commonfolk. Didn't he say something like "all i need is $10 dollars from 20 milllion americans" and that's all he'll need to beat the republicans? Doing the quick math, 10 x 20 milllion = 200 milllion. Yep. 200 million sounds like its enough.

Around the Network

ssj: I see. Those states are at least a month away, though.

That Guy: Kerry spent over $300 million, and lost.

Check this video to see exactly why Obama is gaining ground:

madskillz said:
The numbers - $4.5 vs. $5M

The numbers? $4.5M is the amount that Obama raised last night off the Internet. 5M is the amount that Hillary gave to her campaign to keep it going. No joke - she gave herself a loan! Some of her staffers have decided to *forego* their salaries for a week or two. Sound familiar? Guiliani, anyone?

Clinton's fighting hard, but she's hurting. Obama raised $32M in January, and $4.5M last night. Folks BELIEVE in him. Never, ever have I seen a campaign that could lose - except the Deanites - raise some much loot so fast. Even Hillary acknowledged he was raising mad loot.

Last night proved one thing - Obama is the truth. Hillary may win in the end, but she's running out of steam fast.

That $4.5 million number since the polls closed on Feb. 5 has since risen to $5.8 million and is still climbing rapidly -- in a few minutes it went up another $100,000.  I think it's hilarious that Clinton writes herself a check for $5m, and Americans immediately write Obama a check for an even greater amount.

The momentum isn't as important as the money - the momentum for both parties has had trouble lasting longer than one primary. But Obama's $30m in January (triple Hillary's) indicates a wide support base. Most of Hill's donations came from wealthy contributers - they've given all they can legally, and can't be tapped again until the general election. Obama's supporters have given in smaller amounts, and are generally far from the donation limit, so he can tap them again and again.

The press seems to smell a good story in Obama too, so expect the news to favor him considerably.

I said some time ago one of the biggest warning signs to Hillary was how quickly people were ready to write her off after Iowa. It was like they were waiting for an excuse to kick her to the curb. I can understand that desire among conservatives, but it wasn't limited to them.

What Obama has to watch out for is 1) He did underperform in a few states, most notably those with large hispanic populations. Hillary has a lot of the party machine still in her camp, and no state should be taken for granted. 2) Hillary was willing to play nice in the last debate after she came across so badly for playing racial politics. But that was before Obama's fundraising was announced, and before he took the lion's share of good press yesterday. Her back is to the wall and there's no longer any reason to hold back. Expect slash and burn politics, especially from Hill's proxies.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
I kinda think Obama is going to win the popular vote. Then get screwed by the establishment Super Delegates that are about 20% of the vote.

The Democrat party can survive without Hillary. It cannot survive without the black vote. If Hillary takes the election either through super delegates or by getting the Florida and Michigan delegates back on the slate, it will tear the party apart. I can't believe they'd be THAT stupid.

Obama current President. Osama the third antichrist. Sounds like Nostradamus bible prophecy is coming, the end of the world is almost upon us, lol.

A scandalous sex video with Hillary Clinton in it will be exposed. Lol.

misterd said:
Kasz216 said:
I kinda think Obama is going to win the popular vote. Then get screwed by the establishment Super Delegates that are about 20% of the vote.

The Democrat party can survive without Hillary. It cannot survive without the black vote. If Hillary takes the election either through super delegates or by getting the Florida and Michigan delegates back on the slate, it will tear the party apart. I can't believe they'd be THAT stupid.

I agree that the superdelegates nominating Clinton, especially if the pledged delegates favor Obama, would be nothing short of party suicide. But have you seen the Democrats since they took back control of the Congress? They really are THAT stupid. :(

Neither will win the actual election, but between them...Obama.

A black president is more realistic than a woman president, IMO. (not to sound sexist)