By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [edit]Wonderful 101, why are so many people saying its racist?

Is it racist?

No! 151 84.36%

yea, a little 28 15.64%

Total:179
IHateLife said:
Baddman said:
I dont really care as its but the game says wonderblack is from India....still I'd like to meet these people from India that wears braids and break dance seems clear as day to me that the character was created with black americans in mind...you'd have to be incredibly dense to not see it....sounds like they just did that India shit to possibly avoid controversy

People who think braids and break dance are African American exclusive are pretty racist. You'd have to be incredibly dense to not see it. They could have made the guy with any color and it really doesn't matter.

.....where did i say anything was exclusive

Around the Network
hsrob said:
Baddman said:
I dont really care as its but the game says wonderblack is from India....still I'd like to meet these people from India that wears braids and break dance seems clear as day to me that the character was created with black americans in mind...you'd have to be incredibly dense to not see it....sounds like they just did that India shit to possibly avoid controversy

Agreed but in 1.2 billion there's bound to be some :)  If they had confirmed to a more traditional Indian stereotype then they could have been accused of racism for that too.

damn 1.2 billion forgot there were so many of them lol.....and agreed with your second stance also...game is awesome from the demo tho..the depth in this game i got from the demo is crazy!

Baddman said:
IHateLife said:
Baddman said:

People who think braids and break dance are African American exclusive are pretty racist. You'd have to be incredibly dense to not see it. They could have made the guy with any color and it really doesn't matter.

either way, I want to post some break dance videos anyway because it's awesome.

IHateLife said:
Baddman said:
IHateLife said:
Baddman said:

either way, I want to post some break dance videos anyway because it's awesome.

damn them fools look boneless

seriously.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
hsrob said:
Baddman said:

Agreed but in 1.2 billion there's bound to be some :)  If they had confirmed to a more traditional Indian stereotype then they could have been accused of racism for that too.

I haven't heard any Japanese people complaining about Wonder White being a ninja with a heavy  accent. But then again, there are people that are jumping on Wonder Pink being a Tsudere female with a whip and the Japanese trailer which featured provactive shots of the female cast.

NoirSon said:
hsrob said:
Baddman said:

I haven't heard any Japanese people complaining about Wonder White being a ninja with a heavy  accent. But then again, there are people that are jumping on Wonder Pink being a Tsudere female with a whip and the Japanese trailer which featured provactive shots of the female cast.

We are talking about the same company that made Bayonetta.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
NoirSon said:
hsrob said:
Baddman said:

We are talking about the same company that made Bayonetta.

Exactly, people will still whine and complain about something they've done before, if they would have made the characters normal average folk, people would have complained about them being bland and Platinum games selling out from their normal odd ball characters. I credit Platinum for staying true to themselves, sadly its the internet and people will 'look' for junk to complain about even if they are never going to play the game.

Seriously, don't care Wonder Black was originally meant to be of African descent like myself or if he was meant to be a different type of Indian then the traditional stereotypes Western audiences are use to. Right now people are just going off speculation and the fact is complaining now after they produced 2 games with Black Baron and after there have been multiple games with worst stereotypes made in all over the world is just foolish.

Baddman said:
hsrob said:
Baddman said:

damn 1.2 billion forgot there were so many of them lol.....and agreed with your second stance also...game is awesome from the demo tho..the depth in this game i got from the demo is crazy!

Agreed!  It took me a little while to figure out what the hell was going on and how to do anything, they do kind of drop you in the middle, but on a second play things started to click.

hsrob said:
Baddman said:
hsrob said:
Baddman said:

Agreed!  It took me a little while to figure out what the hell was going on and how to do anything, they do kind of drop you in the middle, but on a second play things started to click.

ha yeh you found unlock wonderyellow? that hammer is powerful