Mercenary: better multipl... 0 0%

Mercenary: better multipl... 0 0%

Mercenary: better singlep... 2 11.76%

Shadow Fall: better singl... 5 29.41%

See Results 6 35.29%

Total:17

I personally think killzone will be the best. killzone looks good but killzone will really help the sells of the console

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

The only thing stopping me from buying Shadow Fall at launch is that I'm already getting Battlefield 4. I'm not sure if I need to buy two multiplayer-centric first person shooters. I'll get Mercenary when it comes out though, my Vita needs something to play.

Im the same, but i remember when I brought bf3 it had a horribly unstable multiplayer for the first 1-2 months until they patched it a few times where as Killzone 2 & 3 Multiplayers launched perfect with no hickups.

So for me its Killzone first then bf4 around jan 2014 when they iron out all the bugs.

Killzone ShadowFall will likely be the better all around game but I believe Mercenary will be better for the Vita than ShadowFall for the PS4.

Mercenary has the potential to be the best FPS on a handheld. ShadowFall on the other hand will likely just be another solid FPS on a console with pretty graphics. Good thing I like FPS games, Killzone, and pretty graphics XD

JayWood2010 said:
Killzone ShadowFall will likely be the better all around game but I believe Mercenary will be better for the Vita than ShadowFall for the PS4.

Mercenary has the potential to be the best FPS on a handheld. ShadowFall on the other hand will likely just be another solid FPS on a console with pretty graphics. Good thing I like FPS games, Killzone, and pretty graphics XD

Man does it have some stiff competition for that title!

Daisuke72 said:
To be honest if I were Sony if Shadowfall doesn't prove to be successful, and by that I mean at least sale 2,500,000 without bundles then I'd cancel the series and have Guerilla work on something else.

Killzone never became the flagship exclusive Sony was hoping for, I mean none of the games have sold over 3,000,000 and they had great marketing and big ass budgets, but anyways.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Mercenary was better considering another studio is working on it, a studio that used to be R&D or some shit.

No previous Killzone has ever been a launch title either. I know it sounds strange, but launch titles seem to better, on average, because they have fewer games to compete with when they release. Not only is Shadow Fall a launch title, it also seems to be getting pretty damn good preorders in the US, a region that the series isn't super popular in. We can safely assume it's doing much better in Europe. Not to mention itseems to be doing better than CoD: Ghosts on XBone, and we can safely assume that that version alone will sell a good few copies, meaning Shadow Fall is on a pretty good track right now. I mean, Killzone 3 has since sold around 2.5M WW, on only 350K preorders in the US. Shadow Fall doesn't even have a launch date, and already has 62K preorders. I say this game has a pretty good chance overall of being a top seller next gen, and bringing the series into the limelight. We'll see.

As for Mercenary, I'm sad to say it might be too late. It's the first FPS on Vita that's actually utilizing the hardware, but many consumers (beyond the JP market) seem to have already given up hope on the system, causing the game to not sell to well because of a small install base, alone. Mabye some good reviews will fix that, but who knows.

I'm still buying both games, as I'm a huge Killzone fan. Can't wait to play both. :)

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

I'm looking forward to Mercenary more. I love the whole playing both sides in it for the money aspect and am amazed more games haven't done this sort of thing sooner.

As someone above said, KZ:Merc will be the best of it's kind (and probably by a large margin) as far as FPS games go on handheld. Whilst Shadow Fall will be "just another" FPS on PS4.

I trust Studio Cambridge to do a stellar job, what they pulled off on the PSP with LBP was, for the hardware amazing. And Killzone Merc looks like it'll be doing the same kind of stuff for Vita.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Updated!

Round 2

Killzone is nice and all, but Farm Simulator 2013 comes out on top.

mmh. played both. Liked both.
But i have to say SF was a much fresher experience.
It also may help that I like stealthy.
I have to say, SF did not play like a killzone game, but it was still pretty good.

Cj2i3 said:
Killzone is nice and all, but Farm Simulator 2013 comes out on top.

Do you even read?