Mercenary: better multipl... 0 0%

Mercenary: better singlep... 2 11.76%

Shadow Fall: better singl... 5 29.41%

See Results 6 35.29%

Total:17

Update:

Now that people have actually had the time to play both games, let's see if people still agree.

Personally I'm still preferring Mercenary. It has a much better single player while Shadow Fall has a slightly better multiplayer.

Original post follows.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guerrilla Cambridge VS Guerrilla Games

For the sake of the discussion, ignore the fact you probably don't own a Vita ;) Discuss these games, not their systems.

Personally, Mercenary. I'm in the closed beta and this is the best multiplayer fps I've ever experienced. Maps are insanely perfect, weapons are as visceral as ever, graphics are above and beyond, controls are great, and van-guards are another league. I see a lot of similar innovations in Shadow Fall but it feels like they have focused more on eye candy than core gameplay mechanics.

Around the Network

Killzone

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ill get both, I love killzone :)

To be honest if I were Sony if Shadowfall doesn't prove to be successful, and by that I mean at least sale 2,500,000 without bundles then I'd cancel the series and have Guerilla work on something else.

Killzone never became the flagship exclusive Sony was hoping for, I mean none of the games have sold over 3,000,000 and they had great marketing and big ass budgets, but anyways.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Mercenary was better considering another studio is working on it, a studio that used to be R&D or some shit.

Daisuke72 said:
To be honest if I were Sony if Shadowfall doesn't prove to be successful, and by that I mean at least sale 2,500,000 without bundles then I'd cancel the series and have Guerilla work on something else.

Killzone never became the flagship exclusive Sony was hoping for, I mean none of the games have sold over 3,000,000 and they had great marketing and big ass budgets, but anyways.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Mercenary was better considering another studio is working on it, a studio that used to be R&D or some shit.

I hope they never stop making them!

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:

Yeah, I think they should maybe rebrand it and do a spiritual successor just to boost sales. The new one looks more colorful than the previous ones. But I think having "Kill"zone as the name might perturb certain parents or people away from it. IDK, I could be offbase with that.

I don't like the killzone games. But I'd think Sony would be able  to create a FPS franchise that could compete saleswise with Halo, Battlefield, and CoD. Maybe this new one will do it.

ishiki said:
Daisuke72 said:

don't like the killzone games. But I'd think Sony would be able  to create a FPS franchise that could compete saleswise with Halo, Battlefield, and CoD. Maybe this new one will do it.

Idk neither Killzone nor Resistance were able to come close to those series sales but I guess 3rd time could be the charm.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Both are winners in my book.

SP i'll go with mercenary while mp i'd go will shadowfall.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Having played the Mercenary Beta I can easily say it's going to be AWESOME. I haven't been following Shadow Fall so i have no clue how they stack up but since I know for a fact that Mercenary kicks ass I vote for it.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Daisuke72 said:

If they make Sony money, why would they cancel it just because other games sell more?

What if Mercenary sells 3 million yet shadow fall is stuck at 2. Highly doubt it, but would you still cancel the series?

Cambridge was a big partner with KZ2 and has made LBP PSP. They aren't just R&D ;)