By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft cuts the price of the Surface Pro models.

BasilZero said:
dallas said:
So, why does MSFT see the need to keep cutting the price?

I welcome any and all answers to this question. Thanks.

For more sales!

Yet it is still too expensive for me n_n.

$800 for a tablet? Damn.

Arent ipads like half price of that?

The Surface PRO is more than a tablet and is far more capable than any iPAD. My wife recently started PA school and needed a new laptop for class and doing papers etc while in class and away from home AND she needed a tablet for clinicals and patient tracking software etc. So I looked at many of the hybrids etc. and we settled on a Surface PRO... Even at the higher priced version that is $900 its stil cheaper than most laptops and epeecially when you add the cost of a tablet to that.

The stuff she does with that thing put any iPAD, Android or any ARM based tablet to shame. She can take notes with her stylus on Powerpoint slides, record her lectures concurrently then merge them and then upload em all to her Skydrive account. Plus she can expand her onboard memory charge her phone using the usb charging port on the PSU etc. etc.

I've seen people play BF3, Crysis, SimCity and a host of other games from Steam and Origin on their Surface PRO. I installed Walking Dead on my wife's for when she has a few spare moments on the train home etc. 

The Surface PRO runs just about any x86 based software out there. Just being able to natively install your printer software is a plus that Apple should be ashamed they make you jump through hoops. The Surface PRO is a superb hybrid of tablet functionality and PC convenience. Its not just a tablet.

Around the Network

Still too expensive.

Well, it is a laptop, and an awesome one at that... but the price sadly killed it for me. Bought a HP Envy X2 instead, really great but not to the standard ofthe Surface. Had they decided to take a loss on each unit sold (to gain market share) they would have sold out. I would also recommend them never to release an RT version aswell since they suck in comparison.

Microsoft isn't making any success in consumer products any more. They're only future is in business products.

Slimebeast said:
Microsoft isn't making any success in consumer products any more. They're only future is in business products.

X360 says hi?

Around the Network

It can't be selling too well. Not surprising when it's so expensive. I actually wouldn't mind having one but currently other tablets are better value and can do more

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Dat price O.O!

I edited the thread title so it wasn't misleading.

Different cuts for different models and all that.

OT: Still overly-expensive. Although I would much rather have the Surface Pro than the Surface RT (I should have just waited for the Pro to go down in price).

I don't get why anyone would want one when you can get a good laptop in the same price. Then again, tablets have never appealed to me.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Puppyroach said:
Slimebeast said:

X360 says hi?

The X360 was truly successful but it's an old product now on its way out.