By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "There is an end" to the Assassin's Creed series, Ubisoft says

So AC III has sold 10.3m copies compared to Revelations' 8.36m, Brotherhood's 9.49m and AC II's ~ 11m

So when all is done, III will have sold basically as much as II, which is not a very strong argument to slow them down. The question is how does Watch_Dogs do? It might be sensible to alternate Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed as they are both open world games and might consume each other's sales.

I think if you give each AC game more time to breathe, then you can keep going for some time, there are so many more eras to explore. Just think how amazing Victorian London or Ancient Rome would be!

Anyway, I am quite excited about AC IV, it will be one of PS4 launch games

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
Hopefully not for a while then. I love this series and AC4 looks very promising

~http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkc4IoMb70

So did AC3 and it turned out being buggy as shit, and boring as a Terrence Malik movie

Munkeh111 said:
So AC III has sold 10.3m copies compared to Revelations' 8.36m, Brotherhood's 9.49m and AC II's ~ 11m

So when all is done, III will have sold basically as much as II, which is not a very strong argument to slow them down. The question is how does Watch_Dogs do? It might be sensible to alternate Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed as they are both open world games and might consume each other's sales.

I think if you give each AC game more time to breathe, then you can keep going for some time, there are so many more eras to explore. Just think how amazing Victorian London or Ancient Rome would be!

1-That's a good idea. It would give devs more time to make the games, give us a bit of rest with the franchises, and avoid competing with themselves.

2-The Victorian London... just imagine that one of the side missions is kill the Templars spies which are prostitutes... we'd be Jack the Ripper!

The ancient Rome won't happen, they go forward in time and they have already passed that time, and it's even less likely given that it all started with Altair during the Crusades. But given that some of the ancients have the names of the ancient Gods, like Juno, maybe we could go back to the era of the ancient Greece/Rome myths to learn how the fruits were made and why.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Munkeh111 said:

1-That's a good idea. It would give devs more time to make the games, give us a bit of rest with the franchises, and avoid competing with themselves.

2-The Victorian London... just imagine that one of the side missions is kill the Templars spies which are prostitutes... we'd be Jack the Ripper!

The ancient Rome won't happen, they go forward in time and they have already passed that time, and it's even less likely given that it all started with Altair during the Crusades. But given that some of the ancients have the names of the ancient Gods, like Juno, maybe we could go back to the era of the ancient Greece/Rome myths to learn how the fruits were made and why.

That would be interesting I agree, but in terms of marketing, ancient Rome is probably an easier sell than the Greek cities... In terms of going forward in time, well IV is set before III, you are afterall playing as Edward Kenway grandfather of Connor

There is?

It's a shame we can't see it.

Around the Network

After assassins creed overall ending: To be continued.

Munkeh111 said:

That would be interesting I agree, but in terms of marketing, ancient Rome is probably an easier sell than the Greek cities... In terms of going forward in time, well IV is set before III, you are afterall playing as Edward Kenway grandfather of Connor

I didn't know the link between the characters of III and IV. Well, there's a first time for everything.

I disagree about Rome being easier to marketing than Greece. There are so many known things, cities and events that could be used that there would be no problem at all. Between the "Greek Fire", Athens/Sparta, the Parthenon (as well as the rest of the acropolis) just to name a few.

The biggest problem would be the enemies. There were no Templars in the ancient Rome/Greece so, who will they be? What happened to them? Were they defeated and the remaining ones created the Templars? And did they fought, the Assassins or another group?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Munkeh111 said:

I didn't know the link between the characters of III and IV. Well, there's a first time for everything.

I disagree about Rome being easier to marketing than Greece. There are so many known things, cities and events that could be used that there would be no problem at all. Between the "Greek Fire", Athens/Sparta, the Parthenon (as well as the rest of the acropolis) just to name a few.

The biggest problem would be the enemies. There were no Templars in the ancient Rome/Greece so, who will they be? What happened to them? Were they defeated and the remaining ones created the Templars? And did they fought, the Assassins or another group?

Can't we just pretend they were Templars? They just controlled the history or something.... The Templar bit of the history is rarely the most interesting part of the story

Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:
Munkeh111 said:

Can't we just pretend they were Templars? They just controlled the history or something.... The Templar bit of the history is rarely the most interesting part of the story

So Templars and Assassins again? How boring .

Blacksaber said:
It ends when it stops making money in other words.

Bingo.