By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "There is an end" to the Assassin's Creed series, Ubisoft says

JEMC said:
Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:

I didn't know the link between the characters of III and IV. Well, there's a first time for everything.

I disagree about Rome being easier to marketing than Greece. There are so many known things, cities and events that could be used that there would be no problem at all. Between the "Greek Fire", Athens/Sparta, the Parthenon (as well as the rest of the acropolis) just to name a few.

The biggest problem would be the enemies. There were no Templars in the ancient Rome/Greece so, who will they be? What happened to them? Were they defeated and the remaining ones created the Templars? And did they fought, the Assassins or another group?

Can't we just pretend they were Templars? They just controlled the history or something.... The Templar bit of the history is rarely the most interesting part of the story

So Templars and Assassins again? How boring .

It's always Templars and Assassins! I bet we'll be seeing some Pirate Templars in Black Flags

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:
Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:

I didn't know the link between the characters of III and IV. Well, there's a first time for everything.

I disagree about Rome being easier to marketing than Greece. There are so many known things, cities and events that could be used that there would be no problem at all. Between the "Greek Fire", Athens/Sparta, the Parthenon (as well as the rest of the acropolis) just to name a few.

The biggest problem would be the enemies. There were no Templars in the ancient Rome/Greece so, who will they be? What happened to them? Were they defeated and the remaining ones created the Templars? And did they fought, the Assassins or another group?

Can't we just pretend they were Templars? They just controlled the history or something.... The Templar bit of the history is rarely the most interesting part of the story

So Templars and Assassins again? How boring .

It's always Templars and Assassins! I bet we'll be seeing some Pirate Templars in Black Flags

No need of pirate templars, just Spanish ships!

Templar flag:

Also used this variant:

Spainish sails:

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

When its no longer financially viable :)

What if the last version suddenly just fails and they decide that making another game just for an ending isn't worth it? :P

bananaking21 said:
at the ubisoft meetings while talking about the ending
manager: "ok guys how and when do we end this?"
some random dude: "it ends when it stops selling, how it ends well the assassins wins and desmond saves the world in present time"
manager: " ok guys meeting adjourned"

That sounds about right

Guy who made the suggestion probably got a promotion too

Around the Network
Vashyo said:

What if the last version suddenly just fails and they decide that making another game just for an ending isn't worth it? :P

They will launch it as a 30€ DLC for that last game, obviously.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Meh. Couldn't even finish AC3. Not getting AC4.

Will pickup Watch_Dogs tho. I think that looks good.

BasilZero said:

They need to make an Assassin's Creed from India, Japan, China, Egypt, and somewhere in the middle east before they stop making new games D:

Don't encourage them, Basil. Sooner or later they are going to start looking for underwater assassins and one's that fly.

AndrewWK said:
the2real4mafol said:
Hopefully not for a while then. I love this series and AC4 looks very promising

~http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkc4IoMb70

So did AC3 and it turned out being buggy as shit, and boring as a Terrence Malik movie

I actually liked AC3 for the variety of environments it had. The Ship missions weren't very good though. I admit the story weren't the best either. AC2 was better overall. But i just loved hunting bears and cougars. It was my favourite feature in Red Dead Redemption as well. Except Red Dead was far better in every way. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018