By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict which next gen launch games will review badly

Well, as there is usually one or two good games at launch at best, I would say Killer Instinct and Knack are going to be huge disappointment.

If Ryse gameplay stay that way, it will have quite a backlash too (too cinematic too really have a gameplay).

And as Ubisoft will start making mistakes this gen (they have grown too fast), I worry about watch dogs.

But we can't really know before launch.

Around the Network

I think the idea of this thread would have been good, but if you read the replies it is obvious that it is just another fanboy thread. Based on the animations in most peoples signature and their obvious need to knock down whatever console they don't plan to purchase, it won't work. A better thread would have been to say that the responders need to post which console they plan to buy at launch and why. Then, indicate which games on their favored console will fail to impress. That might have generated at least a more thoughtful response from some.

Probably Ryse, Killer Instinct, Knack, and DriveClub.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Driveclub, Ryse, Knack, Lococyle

Killer Instinct is actually getting a lot of good feedback from fighting veterans, if you look on gaf there is a guy called Max who is at all the events and he's praising it to the stars how good it plays.

It won't score under 70, it's too similar to Mortal Kombat and that did pretty well.

Knack will score around 50 i think, nothing impressive about it

Driveclub will score 75 at best, it just seems to be lacking when it comes to the graphics and gameplay

Ryse is a technically impressive game but the rest just looks boring as hell, maybe a 70 at best if they fix the gameplay

Dead rising 3 looks really lackluster, brown and devoid of charm. A 80 max since people still love zombies so much

Around the Network

I see Ryse being rated poorly probably around 60%-70% from what they shown the game looks really lackluster and the gameplay looks stale, but anything can happen we will just have to wait and see.

Driveclub will be around 50%-60% I think Driveclub will be rated harshly sense so many racing games are coming out around this time ( Gran Turismo 6, Forza Horizon, Need for speed rivals ). It also just doesn't look that good.

I actually think Knack will do pretty well with the critics and so will Killer Instinct.

The other games like Watch dogs, Assasians creed, Killizone, Dead Rising 3, will all be rated well.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse on Xbox One. Possibly, Drive Club on PS4. I expect Knack to be a decent new franchise though.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Did everybody forget about Sunset Overdrive? We haven't seen true gameplay of it but I can just sort of tell. It's too "out there" for its own good.

Anyway here's my list.

Ryse, Knack, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Project Spark. Pretty much every Xbox One exclusive this year. They all look like corny BS that MS is just putting out so they can say they have exclusives. Even Dead Rising 3 looks pretty meh. And Forza 5, well they have kinda run the Forza franchise into the ground, but critics will overrate it like they did with the others.

So yeah, pretty much 4/5 of the Xbox One's exclusive library and 1 exclusive PS4 game.

Knack

Edit: Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Drive Club (maybe)

Knack and Ryse