By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everquest Next looks like the next best MMO

kowenicki said:
Minecraft killer.

Ohhhh Turkish.

MMO changer to be exact... so you can say To Date MMO killer.

Around the Network

Halo killer!!!

Oh, wait...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

This game is going to be huge

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

pezus said:
OT: I have only seen the Goliath video, but why do you say it's a Minecraft killer? Does it have LEGO-like building or something?

pezus said:
OT: I have only seen the Goliath video, but why do you say it's a Minecraft killer? Does it have LEGO-like building or something?

You can litterally blast any piece of the environmetn away, INCLUDING the ground, and you can dig very far into the surface AND you can build anything back up.   Unlike Mincraft, It isnt strictly blocks.    If you choose to build, you start with blocks that you can scale to any size, then you have a series of tools to shape those blocks however you please.  Including Smooth tools to reliably round out the shape.

Im refering to the world building tools of this game as, "Minecraft on EverCrack" 

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kresnik said:
Eve Online innovated far more than Warcraft did, but it never attracted the same mainstream success. I'd expect the same thing from EQN based on what I'm reading about it. A loyal fanbase like Eve; but nowhere near WoW's numbers.

Also, we'll have to see how close the final product is in execution. It may well take multiple patches or even expansions to realise these seemingly lofty goals. WoW upon release wasn't even close to the same game I played during Burning Crusade.

All that said, it does look good.

The main reason EVE never hit WoW-like numbers is that it was made by a small Icelandic company, with zero marketing and the like . The second reason is that it is just too complicated for the mainstream. However, EVE was a huge success. One of very few pay-to-play MMOs that manages to live for 10 years and beyond

I don't think EQN will follow a similar pattern. Firstly, it is made by a huge MMO company. Secondly, it probably will be targeting a mainstream audience (unlike EVE). Thirdly, it is F2P.

And one of the more lucrative per head F2P, wich is quite an achievement

Rift SWTOR GW2 Everquest Next will kill WoW.

Promises this big and CG this pretty has been seen before. Let's wait for a month after release and see if the players still play after they've burned the launch content.

I dont touch MMO's my life is too short to waste my time on a game that can pretty much never be finished lol, Looks nice though.

Cannot really kill WoW when it is already dead. Although still healthy numbers by the time this game releases I am pretty sure the sub base will be a lot smaller.

Oh snap.. Bookmarked for later.

Had some great times with the first Everquest (and with Everquest 2 as well, at least until my friends playing the game all bailed for WoW)