By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 58: Avatar The Last Airbender

Yoshiya said:
Vetteman94 said:

Then why nameclaim if it proves nothing?    Thats what i don't understand.

To prove a point to Spurge. He was making it out that nameclaiming would let mafia control town, I wanted to show Spurge that even after nameclaiming, I wouldn't be manipulated by scum (ofc there is the chance that I am scum which I'm happy people aren't ignoring, shows that people aren't letting flavour decide things)

I'm ok with this explanation.  Except now you have what could be scum trying to manipulate what you said.   That being Stefl.   

It has been awhile since I last played with him in Mafia,  but he is more aggressive than I remember.   

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Stefl1504 said:
Vetteman94 said:
Yoshiya said:
Vetteman94 said:
Personally I don't care about anyone's name claim, basically because I don't believe that alignments match. So I think anyone who is so open to name claim to prove their innocence is suspicious. Especially ones who know about the story/world of Avatar: TLA

Hence my name claim. I was doing it to prove that people can't use the flavour to their advantage (if they could, I'd instantly be freed as one of the mafia being an EARTH bender who is blind, not exactly the kind of person that can burn flying lemurs. If it was as simple as that to work out who was mafia though, this game would be easily finished after a mass nameclaim and then the people who know the flavour can sort out who is good and bad (that and anyone who was inclined to look up the flavour on the Avatar Wiki)

Then why nameclaim if it proves nothing?    Thats what i don't understand.

He claimed to prove that it proves nothing, ergo he is scum.

But you called me a liar, so how could you go along with what I say on this?  

Because I don't believe you to be a miller and you wanted to distance yourself from your scummate D:... or whatever spurgelogic would is applicable

Yoshiya said:
I'm also inclined to believe Vette. Whilst Miller is rare,claiming it before everyone has even shown up (meaning Nacho could potentially be Miller himself) seems too risky for a mafia team.

I don't like this one bit. It's as if you already know Nacho is town.

Stefl does seem quite aggressive but I can't work out if it's actual aggressiveness or just wariness. All us vets have seen enough games were things are taken for granted when in reality it was stupid for it to be taken like that. Not going to vote but I do think he's worth keeping an eye out on (and would be my first choice for a vote atm).

Stefl1504 said:
Nachomamma8 said:
Yoshiya, Astro, Vetterman are good town reads.

Stefl sort of feels off if what Spurge says is true, but I'm letting that one ferment for a little while.

That is why spurge has to be lynched, he is rambling random shit and always gets away with it. It makes me sour.

Also, Vette is a liar, not that I am a miller, but in my eyes, he is clearly a liar.

Is the "clearly" simply that you don't believe Vette's a miller as you've since said?

And which scummate do you think he's distancing himself from, or was that just being spurgey?

Around the Network

Nachomamma8 said:

Drinkzmax and his weak suspicion on Stefl is not something that I enjoyed very much.

Drunk me liked a Linkz vote because his contributions were seriously lacking. Sober me agrees with that assessment completely. 

Drinkzmax was making a poor joke. Even if Stefl is scum while spurge is town, I don't think Stefl would be nervous. WAIT, maybe he is scum then since he didn't show any nervousness. Hmmm I'll mull over that with a beer later.

I would agree with your assessment as well, kudos!

Linkzmax said:
Stefl1504 said:
Nachomamma8 said:
Yoshiya, Astro, Vetterman are good town reads.

Stefl sort of feels off if what Spurge says is true, but I'm letting that one ferment for a little while.

That is why spurge has to be lynched, he is rambling random shit and always gets away with it. It makes me sour.

Also, Vette is a liar, not that I am a miller, but in my eyes, he is clearly a liar.

Is the "clearly" simply that you don't believe Vette's a miller as you've since said?

And which scummate do you think he's distancing himself from, or was that just being spurgey?

I prefer spurgesque... anyway, I deem Yoshiya and Spurge both scum. With Vette, I am just being contra to everyone else. Just too fishy for me that everyone simply accepts this so easily when it felt I had a harsher time back when I was miller, but maybe that is just because it was me who was the miller.

Linkzmax said:
Yoshiya said:
I'm also inclined to believe Vette. Whilst Miller is rare,claiming it before everyone has even shown up (meaning Nacho could potentially be Miller himself) seems too risky for a mafia team.

...seriously?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Linkzmax said:
Yoshiya said:

Somehow managed to miss this.

You're right, Nacho could have been scum with Vette explaining the claim too, didn't think about that myself but it raises a good point about Vette that we can't consider him confirmed town off the back of his claim anymore. Still, despite that, I'm still very much inclined to believe he is town. The claim would have still been risky, especially if someone like trashleg had received the role (I assume I'm correct in saying she is new to this? Please correct me if I'm wrong) and thus wouldn't have known to roleclaim straight away like a vet would have done because to them it might not seem like the right thing to do. Alternatively, like Stefl says, he recieved a lot of flak for claiming Miller last time he got the role meaning one of the vets might have thought claiming it would have made them recieve similar attention this game and thus wanted to dely the claim (although I think delying is more suspicious overall anyway).

Yoshiya said:
Linkzmax said:
Yoshiya said:

Somehow managed to miss this.

You're right, Nacho could have been scum with Vette explaining the claim too, didn't think about that myself but it raises a good point about Vette that we can't consider him confirmed town off the back of his claim anymore. Still, despite that, I'm still very much inclined to believe he is town. The claim would have still been risky, especially if someone like trashleg had received the role (I assume I'm correct in saying she is new to this? Please correct me if I'm wrong) and thus wouldn't have known to roleclaim straight away like a vet would have done because to them it might not seem like the right thing to do. Alternatively, like Stefl says, he recieved a lot of flak for claiming Miller last time he got the role meaning one of the vets might have thought claiming it would have made them recieve similar attention this game and thus wanted to dely the claim (although I think delying is more suspicious overall anyway).

Trashleg is a pro in this...

Also, can someone explain "dely" to me?