By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 58: Avatar The Last Airbender

benao87 said:
So, we have a brief discussion about flavour, a royal claim, spurge being random, and a couple of players that haven't checked in and other two that have just checked in.

Spurge being random is not a thing we'll be able to discuss, until it develops into something weirder, or just normal randomness.

And the claim, depends on flavour, and I don't know a thing about that, so, can't really go that way either.

@astro, well voting time limit is a good option, but let's wait a bit longer and see if there is more activity.

You ignoring my claim or do you not see that as important?

You seem keen to point out Spurge is always random and thus can't get any leads off him, seems almost like you're trying to set up a shield for Spurge to prevent people from analysing him too much.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Is this a bad time to ask about how mafia threads work?

Yea, you're not really supposed to post in here unless you're playing to prevent the focus being taken away from the game. If you want to discuss how it works, it might be a better idea to check out the Mafia Scum wikia or find the sign up thread for this game and ask in there.

Yoshiya said:
benao87 said:
So, we have a brief discussion about flavour, a royal claim, spurge being random, and a couple of players that haven't checked in and other two that have just checked in.

Spurge being random is not a thing we'll be able to discuss, until it develops into something weirder, or just normal randomness.

And the claim, depends on flavour, and I don't know a thing about that, so, can't really go that way either.

@astro, well voting time limit is a good option, but let's wait a bit longer and see if there is more activity.

You ignoring my claim or do you not see that as important?

You seem keen to point out Spurge is always random and thus can't get any leads off him, seems almost like you're trying to set up a shield for Spurge to prevent people from analysing him too much.

I did not, ignore it, I'm afraid I skipped unintentionally. You did name claimed, but then again it'd be a flavour discussion, one where I can't really be certain of anything.

I'm not defending spurge, as a matter of fact, you could read my previous post where I ask him about his incoherence with his speech. I do however think that spurge is a player that has a random speech, thus, views from my part bear that in mind.

Yoshiya said:
darkknightkryta said:
Is this a bad time to ask about how mafia threads work?

Yea, you're not really supposed to post in here unless you're playing to prevent the focus being taken away from the game. If you want to discuss how it works, it might be a better idea to check out the Mafia Scum wikia or find the sign up thread for this game and ask in there.

or you could simply navigate him to the mafia archives...

anyway, I am still comfy with my vote

Sorry about not being here on time. I am here and now gonna pay attention

Going to read the entire thread now. will give my opinion on what little has been posting.

Around the Network

This is gonna me another game that i know nothing about the flavor. Never read any books, or seen and of the shows or even the supposedly bad movie that was released.

One thing that i found interesting was in the rules it mentions to take caution Name Claiming or Role Claiming. I dont know if thats because there are evil characters that are townies and/or vice versa. The Role Claiming does make sense especially given some of the roles that are out there especially ones that show scum but are actually town. So basically name claiming doesnt mean much of anything.

Spurge has been odd at best in just a small amount of time in the game so far. The speed of him basically changing his mind on a first day lynch has to be some kind of record as it happened in the next sentence of the very same post after declaring he didnt want a first day lynch.

Astro asking for a time limit without everyone checking in seems desperate. But I can understand that in most cases nothing gets accomplished on day one so getting it over sooner is usually better for everyone.

As for me, I am going to roleclaim. I have never had this role but from what I read about it, its not a great one to have as it can be an anchor for the town. I am a Town Miller. Id name claim but I dont think it really matters that much.

Whoa, Vetteman is contributing on Day 1. That by itself makes me suspicious, but mafia coming out with a miller claim on Day 1 seems unlike him. Then again, Day 1 is the day to do it if you're going to do it. Tentatively: genuine.

I will be checking in daily but not often for the next few days most likely.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm also inclined to believe Vette. Whilst Miller is rare,claiming it before everyone has even shown up (meaning Nacho could potentially be Miller himself) seems too risky for a mafia team.

Vote: Linkzmax

Reading up now.

Nachomamma8 said:
Vote: Linkzmax

Reading up now.

I assume an explanation will follow with the read up?