By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2013: Seattle Seahawks win Super Bowl XLVIII

Preseason voting: Who will win the Super Bowl?

Ravens 28 6.14%

Patriots 53 11.62%

Broncos 141 30.92%

Texans 9 1.97%

Other (AFC) 19 4.17%

49ers 32 7.02%

Falcons 5 1.10%

Packers 17 3.73%

Seahawks 101 22.15%

Other (NFC) 47 10.31%

Total:452

I'm in, maybe this year I'll actually make predictions.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
Sign me up! Also, the answers to the first three questions are: haha, nopers, and can they trade for Tebow?

Will Tebow play this year? The last thing I heard was that he is going to Jacksonville.

I am totally out of the loop anyway. No idea who drafted whom, but even if I knew, it would be pretty useless, because I don't follow college football at all.

Tebow wound up with the Patriots, of all teams, in the end. Which can end up being extremely fortuitous for both parties: the Pats have lost all three of their best receivers (Welker walked and is with Denver, Gronkowski's having serious health issues that're likely to have him out most of the season, and Hernandez went and killed at least one dude, so...oops?), and Tebow would probably be a better Tight End than a Quarterback.

As for who got drafted where, I wouldn't worry too much: it was something of a weak draft class. Not that there aren't some good athletes there, but a lot of them are in lower profile positions, like offensive line. In Packers news, Jennings is now a Viking (for his normal four games per year), and Bishop was let go. The latter is only noteworthy because our front seven was already mediocre before we lost him.

RolStoppable said:

Interesting.

Well, the Patriots usually managed to overcome problems, so they will probably find solutions this year too. Jennings went to the Vikings... either he was really desperate to keep playing in the NFL or the Vikings were really desperate to get a good receiver, regardless of his problems with injuries. As for the Packers defense, it couldn't get much worse. So what kind of players did the Packers draft? Linemen on both sides I would assume, because those were the biggest problems.

One D-Lineman (first round), and two O-Linemen (fourth?). We also got a pair of running backs. I forget after that: I think there's another lineman or two, as well as a receiver.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b30e951cc688293950d7db80dfd83140/tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

This increafinle image is meant to honor our fallen member AMP316. May he decide to return to these forums to trash the Packers all season. 

That stated, it has been a mixed off-season for the broncos. Signing Wes Welker, DRC at CB, and in Loius Vasquez as a badass new LT from San Diego. Only to lose Doom aka Elvis Dumervillee to Baltimore due to a bunch of bullshit. Lots of drinking and smoking going on in Denver, but this team still emerges as the AFC favorite. Also the Patriots are doomed.

Rol perhaps you should announce prediction league in the title to ensure a full roster. Team Broncos will win again of course.

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

Interesting.

Well, the Patriots usually managed to overcome problems, so they will probably find solutions this year too. Jennings went to the Vikings... either he was really desperate to keep playing in the NFL or the Vikings were really desperate to get a good receiver, regardless of his problems with injuries. As for the Packers defense, it couldn't get much worse. So what kind of players did the Packers draft? Linemen on both sides I would assume, because those were the biggest problems.

One D-Lineman (first round), and two O-Linemen (fourth?). We also got a pair of running backs. I forget after that: I think there's another lineman or two, as well as a receiver.

So I heard the raiders are rated last in the league. Oh that must sting buddy like a slap in the face. Sounds like you will follow the Pack for good reason again this year. #raidersaretrashythugbitches

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

So I heard the raiders are rated last in the league. Oh that must sting buddy like a slap in the face. Sounds like you will follow the Pack for good reason again this year. #raidersaretrashythugbitches

Well your posts certainly do make my head hurt...

I'm in. Lets go G-Men!

noname2200 said:

Well your posts certainly do make my head hurt...

Serious bet proposition for you. If the raiders have a worse season than the Jags I get to control your avatar for a month. If the Jags do worse than the Raiders you can have avatar control over me for a month. How about that seems like it would provide tons of hilarity. 

all i know is dont bet anything on the jags other than one of the worst. the scrimmage last week showed more of the same, should have drafted a QB.. much like the last 10 years, it sucked so far, so much for the Gus Bus.

my bet is how many games will the crown rule fuck up? its why i didnt buy tickets this year.

Glad to see the pack are having preseason troubles. Already have a player out due to injuries.