By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So how is a said, non-existent being, God, supposed to be the greatest source of evil?

You saw threads on here, and on the InterWebs, you also see various sites making these claims.  You have individuals, who are anti-theists, who don't believe God exists, who also claim that this non-existent being is the source of the most evil. 

Question: How does a being that does not exist, end up being a source of evil, particularly the most evil?  Anyone care to map what part of the brain that produces God concept also produces evil?

Anyone holding both these views that God doesn't exists, AND is a source of evil, care explain this?

Around the Network

He's not. Capcom is.

If God existed he would have spared us another religion topic

richardhutnik said:

Anyone holding both these views that God doesn't exists, AND is a source of evil, care explain this?

I suppose they mean people doing evil things in the name of God? Although in more prominent cases these deeds have political motivation, and the religious angle is just an excuse. 

Perhaps alluding to the concept of a deity and how it can be used to justify things by homo sapiens?

Around the Network

To me, Mario is one of the greatest sources of entertainment. That does not mean Mario exists.

If God exists, why does he let many suffer so?

Hmm, pie.

richardhutnik said:

You saw threads on here, and on the InterWebs, you also see various sites making these claims.  You have individuals, who are anti-theists, who don't believe God exists, who also claim that this non-existent being is the source of the most evil. 

Question: How does a being that does not exist, end up being a source of evil, particularly the most evil?  Anyone care to map what part of the brain that produces God concept also produces evil?

What is this asking? (Theist-here)

Anyway expect not well-informed opinions. You should people go to websites with people who are more informed on the subject at hand.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

richardhutnik said:

I am 100% certain that those people mean religion and not god is the source of most evil.

Also who is going to read this, say they hold both views and has an opinion worth hearing?

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

If people believe in an entity strong enough, such as "God", then it's effects will exist even if the entity itself doesn't exist.

People who enjoy "good Nintendo games" demonstrate another example of this phenomenon.