By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is being Gay an evolution of humans?

Seece said:

How exactly do gays contribuit to the self destruction of the west? This has to be a joke post right?

He clarified his post here:

So no,it's not evolution,it's just part of a larger picture of self-destruction of Western society which we can see in abismal birth rates,destruction of traditional family and secularisation (disappearence of religion).

Accepting homosexuality will naturally lead to lower birth rates, while rejecting homosexuality will lead to higher birth rates. If we rejected homosexuality, then most homosexuals would realize they were wrong, change their sexual orientation at will, and procreate with the opposite sex, increasing the birth rate. But because we can't do this, we cause a net loss in birth rate.

And yes, a low birth rate is very bad. The Western society's current birth rate is simply too low. We need to increase it because if we don't make new babies at a faster pace, the Western society will be destroyed. We need to create more people and at a faster rate.

And homosexuality obviously opposes certain religions.

Around the Network

hell no, evolution is meant to strengthen the race no make it weaker, by that I mean our main goal as a human being is to reproduce and having attraction for the same gender reduce the likelihood of producing offsprings

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Seece said:
cunger said:
Seece said:
cunger said:

Gay's on not born that way though or at least a lot of them are not. Every gay person I know has been molested at a young age.

This is stupid and offensive and you can't seriously believe this, for starters you've not even come into contact with 0.00001% of the worlds gay population.

As a gay man that actually knows gay people and doesn't make up shit, I don't know of any of them that have been molested.

It's absolutley true of many gays.. Did you not watch Brokeback Mountain.  I'm 100% sympathetic to gays and would never make fun of them and would glady have them as friends and i also support gay rights.  Just like you or I aren't born with the type of person they find sexually attractive gays too are a product of the world they were born into not the genes they were born with. If we had been born in say Africa and didn't grow up watching american movies ect we wouldn't be attracted to the same thing. Most of us are attracted to the type of women that society tells us to be attracted to. I don't see gays as being any different but in most cases they will have had different experiences in childhood which will have caused them to go one way or another in terms of what they long for.

I was born gay, don't tell me I was or wasn't, (and I was never molested) you're just being very ignorant on the subject.

It's true what they say, stupidity breeds ignorance, most intelligent people I know are pro gay as well.

Look.. I don't think anybody knows what they were born in terms of any leaning in life. I really can't see the connection. Sure if they was some sort of blood test that could be done to see that I have a leaning towards curvy brunettes and you have leanings towards whatever type of person you are interested in I would agree.  I'm certainly not suggesting that every gay person was molested.  I just don't think that mine or your sexual orientation is something that science could back up as being something you're born with.  I think I could have the exact chemical makeup I have and in another life I could be gay. What I'm curious about is why it matters to you? I'm 100% a backer of gay rights and put people in their place all the time for bashing homosexuals but I'm also a big fan of science.  Why does this scientific opinion I have bother you?

cunger said:
Seece said:
cunger said:
Seece said:
cunger said:

Gay's on not born that way though or at least a lot of them are not. Every gay person I know has been molested at a young age.

This is stupid and offensive and you can't seriously believe this, for starters you've not even come into contact with 0.00001% of the worlds gay population.

As a gay man that actually knows gay people and doesn't make up shit, I don't know of any of them that have been molested.

It's absolutley true of many gays.. Did you not watch Brokeback Mountain.  I'm 100% sympathetic to gays and would never make fun of them and would glady have them as friends and i also support gay rights.  Just like you or I aren't born with the type of person they find sexually attractive gays too are a product of the world they were born into not the genes they were born with. If we had been born in say Africa and didn't grow up watching american movies ect we wouldn't be attracted to the same thing. Most of us are attracted to the type of women that society tells us to be attracted to. I don't see gays as being any different but in most cases they will have had different experiences in childhood which will have caused them to go one way or another in terms of what they long for.

I was born gay, don't tell me I was or wasn't, (and I was never molested) you're just being very ignorant on the subject.

It's true what they say, stupidity breeds ignorance, most intelligent people I know are pro gay as well.

Look.. I don't think anybody knows what they were born in terms of any leaning in life. I really can't see the connection. Sure if they was some sort of blood test that could be done to see that I have a leaning towards curvy brunettes and you have leanings towards whatever type of person you are interested in I would agree.  I'm certainly not suggesting that every gay person was molested.  I just don't think that mine or your sexual orientation is something that science could back up as being something you're born with.  I think I could have the exact chemical makeup I have and in another life I could be gay. What I'm curious about is why it matters to you? I'm 100% a backer of gay rights and put people in their place all the time for bashing homosexuals but I'm also a big fan of science.  Why does this scientific opinion I have bother you?

Saying we were molested in our childhood =/= not scientific.

cunger said:
Seece said:
cunger said:

I don't buy that you're not homophobic, not what that ridiculous view on molestation. It doesn't bother me that you think it isn't nature, plenty of people do and don't.

Around the Network
chapset said:

hell no, evolution is meant to strengthen the race no make it weaker, by that I mean our main goal as a human being is to reproduce and having attraction for the same gender reduce the likelihood of producing offsprings

We already have lots of orphans. Don't you think letting them be adopted and raised by two parents (no matter their sexuality) will strenghten them as individuals, and thereby strenghten society? In fact, if they enjoy their upbringing it should encourage them to have their own children eventually.

Not to mention that there are surrogate moms and insemination possibilities for when homosexual couples wish to have their own kids. Well, in truly developed countries, that is.

Wright said:

Not sure if serious, Spurge.

And I am one of those who believes that we're all born bisexual. It's when you grow up, the hormones, the people that surrounds you, the education you get and the influence of the world and the media onto you that end up definning what you'll be.

This pretty much sums up my point of view. From an evolutionary standpoint, people with lack of sexual interest or sexual repulsion of any form would be at a disadvantage to those who don't. Ultimately it makes most sense for sexual orientation to be primarily environmental.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
chapset said:

We already have lots of orphans. Don't you think letting them be adopted and raised by two parents (no matter their sexuality) will strenghten them as individuals, and thereby strenghten society? In fact, if they enjoy their upbringing it should encourage them to have their own children eventually.

Not to mention that there are surrogate moms and insemination possibilities for when homosexual couples wish to have their own kids. Well, in truly developed countries, that is.

This doesn't have anything to do with evolution

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Yoshiya said:

Saying we were molested in our childhood =/= not scientific.

His point has some merits though. As we all know, when a baby boy is first born, he is slapped on his ass by the doctor to check his reaction. Sometimes, the doctor may be a little frisky (molestation) and the baby may like it, which leads to them being gay. There needs to be a study on homosexuality and intensity of post-birth ass-slap.

theprof00 said:
Ummm evolution requires procreation.

There is one possibility, that is that somehow guys who are straight but have homosexual tendencies are procreating more, and that somehow, homosexual tendencies result in more gay gene offspring. This would make sense as men who are more feminine usually dress better, take better care of themselves, and are generally regarded by women as desirable partners, because douchebags have ruined things for the rest of us.
Anyway, that's a possibility....but it doesn't really hold up to the rest of the animal kingdom. Gay animals don't look any more attractive to the opposite sex. Yet gay animals persist regardless of their attractiveness, and gay offspring are still being born to hetero parents.
The fact of the matter is that everyone is wired differently. I have proof that gay people are natural because people like Einstein were born. People like Edison, people like Ted Bundy, people like Attila the Hun, people like Usain Bolt.
Wtf prof, what are you talking about?
I'm saying that the human race is what it is because every person is made very differently from each other. We are NATURALLY created to accomplish many different things as an entire species. Rainman, for example, cannot function in an adult way but can count how many matches were in a box that fell on the floor in a second.

Everyone is different, that's just how it is. We are WIRED intrinsically to do things that ON AVERAGE we shouldn't be able to do.

Let me preface all this by saying I support gay people and their rights.  That being said, in my opinion, there is no such thing as gay tendencies.  You're either gay or you're not.  I have not once thought, "I wonder what all the fuss is about, I want to have anal sex with a man".

That being said, I think many gay people go on to marry straight and produce offspring.  As being gay become more and more acceptable, less gay people will (in theory) marry straight, thinning out the "gay gene".  That's how evolution works.  Of course, NONE of the above accounts how the gay gene came about in the first place.  If it is a mutation due to some outside factor, there is a potential that two straight people that come from a lineage of straight people still have a gay child.

Just learn to tolerate everyone and move along.