By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is being Gay an evolution of humans?

LOL species evolve to survive. Evolving to become homosexual would lead to extinction. It's the exact opposite of how it is supposed to work. Furthermore there have always been gay humans, even before the Earth became super populated. Plus many other animals also engage in homosexual behaviors. Though they mostly do it for improved mating purposes.

Around the Network

Quite frankly, I'm not sure how "horrific", especially in certain areas, that a thing like a "1 child law" really is. The way they enforce it is pretty heartless, even if your 1 child dies you cannot have another. That's fucked up.

But on the flip side of that, I honestly feel that there should be a law restricting the number of children a couple can have. I know that's "infringing on your rights", but at the same time, overpopulation and lack of resources IS a growing concern. I don't think it's morally or intellectually responsible of ANYONE these days, no matter where they live, even America, to be having more than 4 children, and quite frankly even 4 is pushing it. These families that have 6, 7, 8+ children, I think that is honestly contemptible in this day and age. This isn't the fucking stone age where half your children die before they reach adulthood. There really is no good excuse or cause to have so many kids, other than you "want to". And considering the problems we face as a race/planet, I don't think it's morally right to have lots of children.

So in that case, I think having a legal cap on the number of children anyone can have, is something we as a worldwide species are going to have to look into. Seriously.

But as for the "gay being part of evolution" thing....that is a sticky subject. It's one I've thought of myself. I am not a Christian/Jew/Muslim by any means. I support gay rights, not because it's a top issue for me, but because I believe in equal rights for all, and stopping gays from getting "married" instead of "civil unioned", is childish. Let them marry if they want, have the same couples rights, etc. But, I do also believe that homosexuality isn't "natural", either. Meaning, nature created humans, as all mammals, and most reptiles/amphibians/birds/fish/etc. as well, to be male/female. Two sexes, intended for mating. So in THAT sense, in a purely scientific sense, being gay is not "natural", because we were intended to be attracted to the opposite sex. To pair off, to mate, to procreate our species.

But I've pondered what you bring up before. I have wondered to myself if people being "born gay" isn't some kind of aberrational reaction to human overpopulation. Mind you, I'm ignoring semantics here. But for any overly sensitive persons reading who might get their shit in a twist, no, I am not one of those that believes being gay makes you "evil". Not at all. I just said it's unnatural. But it is a fair point to at least ponder, has human civilization caused homosexuality to pop up more now than in past history, as a means to try and curb population. Like I said, it's a very sticky subject, which a lot of people don't even like to hear talked about, either because they get overly sensitive about people talking about the cause/origins of homosexuality, and then the overly religious folks that don't want to talk about it because "it's a sin".

BUT, it is an increasingly prominent minority in society, it is something that deserves to be studied and researched. There is, to my knowledge, as yet any real scientific data on homosexuality, what causes it, how people are "born gay", what are the factors, etc. Certainly nothing like a "gay gene" or anyting definitive like that discovered. It would be very interesting to have people look further into the subject.

Jay520 said:
Yoshiya said:

Saying we were molested in our childhood =/= not scientific.

His point has some merits though. As we all know, when a baby boy is first born, he is slapped on his ass by the doctor to check his reaction. Sometimes, the doctor may be a little frisky (molestation) and the baby may like it, which leads to them being gay. There needs to be a study on homosexuality and intensity of post-birth ass-slap.

That's just....disturbing

Well it is technically a dead end evolution since they can't reproduce for themselves.

Id say its more of a anomaly that is being accepted into western society slowly but surely.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

axumblade said:
Strange you mention it because it reminds me of the X-Men and why I fell in love with the series. Mutants are hated by people blindly and sometimes even attacked by those people. Also, some can easily blend in with everybody else whereas others have harder time doing so. There are people who hate themselves for what they are and there are people who embrace it fully. There's a lot of other parallels too but I think I can stop there.

wait.. are all gay people actually confused and have super powers?.. dear lord this is incredible!

Around the Network
chapset said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
We already have lots of orphans. Don't you think letting them be adopted and raised by two parents (no matter their sexuality) will strenghten them as individuals, and thereby strenghten society? In fact, if they enjoy their upbringing it should encourage them to have their own children eventually.

Not to mention that there are surrogate moms and insemination possibilities for when homosexual couples wish to have their own kids. Well, in truly developed countries, that is.

This doesn't have anything to do with evolution

Human beings have evolved beyond animalistic needs and limitations. We no longer need to be attracted to the opposite sex in order to pass down our genes, as a direct result of our evolution

Doesn't evolving require something to not be there before? Are we saying humans didn't have homosexual feelings before this century? If so, I'm not sure if serious....

Jay520 said:
Yoshiya said:

Saying we were molested in our childhood =/= not scientific.

His point has some merits though. As we all know, when a baby boy is first born, he is slapped on his ass by the doctor to check his reaction. Sometimes, the doctor may be a little frisky (molestation) and the baby may like it, which leads to them being gay. There needs to be a study on homosexuality and intensity of post-birth ass-slap.

oh.. my.. dear lord.. im making this my Signiture. weirdest thing i have EVER read 

NintendoPie said:
Doesn't evolving require something to not be there before? Are we saying humans didn't have homosexual feelings before this century? If so, I'm not sure if serious....

Very true.

The general opinion in this thread is that Spurge's theory is wrong.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
chapset said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
We already have lots of orphans. Don't you think letting them be adopted and raised by two parents (no matter their sexuality) will strenghten them as individuals, and thereby strenghten society? In fact, if they enjoy their upbringing it should encourage them to have their own children eventually.

Not to mention that there are surrogate moms and insemination possibilities for when homosexual couples wish to have their own kids. Well, in truly developed countries, that is.

This doesn't have anything to do with evolution

Human beings have evolved beyond animalistic needs and limitations. We no longer need to be attracted to the opposite sex in order to pass down our genes, as a direct result of our evolution

Still if everyone was to ''evolve to be gay'' the number of humans on the planet 100 years from now would be drastically lower, if that logic was to apply to us your could apply it to any other species and would see it doesn't hold logically.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.