By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is being Gay an evolution of humans?

I'm sorry but no.

"archaic standards. Man and a Woman, etc. " *sigh* really? REALLY? REALLY!?!?!?

"it will take more than China's horrific one child law" Horrific? I guess forced abortion/sterilization would be a more 'humane' choice.

"They are just born that way" I believe people are a product of their environment. I don't believe sexual desires, orientations or preferences are things people are born with.

"Humans have full control over themselves" despite scientific and technological advances, we do a lot of wrong to this planet and each other. So not really.

Truth be told, the only thing I look forward for in the future is technology/medical breakthroughs. However, I don't like where society, pop culture, what is considered as modern/acceptable, and archaic/old fashioned is headed. I may come of as old fashioned/religious, but that's the way I feel.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I think it is a control mechanism for our planet. To keep it from being over populated.

Humans cannot choose whether or not they are straight or gay. They are just born that way. Yes, some can adopt or have surrogates or whatever it is called, but many cannot afford that.

With 6-7 billion people and counting, it will take more than China's horrific one child law, Wars, Genocide, diseases, old age, and accidental deaths to keep the Earth from being over populated. We cannot continue to grow like we have in the past 1,0000 years or so. It is not possible on this small planet.

I think it is also an evolution in the sense that now Humans have full control over themselves. They do not have to abide by archaic standards. Man and a Woman, etc. You have freed yourselves to be what you want to be. Nothing to hold you back. That was the last true hold that ancient systems had on us. In doing so, you have set us all free. If I wanted to be gay tomorrow I could. Do you all see how much power this gives the world?

I cannot wait to see what the next Century has in store for us!

There's no way this post could have been thought up with a normal, thinking thought process.

1.  Animals besides humans can be gay.  There's gay cats, dogs, and lots of others.  Fact.

2.  Being gay is due to an error in the brain that causes the person to be attracted to the same sex.  That's why people are born this way.  So, no, you can't turn gay if you wanted to tomorrow, that's simply being in denial of your true desires.

3. Evolution is not a conscious being.  You can't say it's a control mechanism.  Other animals, like domesticated cats and dogs, wild monkeys, tigers, whatever can all be gay.

4. (at bolded in quote)  So, what you're telling me is that evolution takes into account how much money people have?  When money doesn't have any true value?  It only exist because people accept the concept and nearly everyone will accept it as a form of value.  No other animal on the face of the planet requires money and we can have all the things we have today without money.

We'd actually have more if it weren't for money, because we see things get cut off, or restricted from others (either in production or extraction) because they lack the money to be able to afford it.

5. (at bolded underline)  So, evolution takes into account what's happening in china, now?  While, making people gay or straight based on the probability of which someone dies?

This is the dumbest thread I've read ever.  You can take gay (in the OP), and replace it with cancer, or the addiction to nicotine, because nicotine is in cigarettes and it would be just as stupid.

ninetailschris said:
chapset said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
chapset said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
chapset said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Here is the real issue people never seem to look at.
When you start making it a law that a certain group with a different sexual preference has the right to practice sex how they see fit, it opens up the doors for the others to come forward and claim the same rights

As we speak pedophiles, Nambla, and scientist and therapist are now pushing to change the definition of rape and child rape.
If one persons unnatural sex life is accepted then we have to accept everyone elses sexual preferences too because they also cannot help it.
Pedophiles cannot help how they feel. They were born that way so it should be perfectly fine for them to have sex with children. According to gays they cant help it so it should be accepted so now according tot hem pedophiles are okay too. rapist cannot help their sexual urges so their rights should be protected too.

If its how someone was made, then it should be okay for them to live that life..Isnt that what many of you said here yourself... Then you must also except every other persons sexual preferences because they were born that way.

I think there is a difference between two consenting adults and grown ups having sex with children who are not develop enough to be consentant, same thing for rape where one of the individual is not consentant at all.

Nope sorry, you cant have it both ways. We need to accept gays cause they were born that way well pedophiles and  rapist are born that way too. In ancient times and even up til 100 years ago or so we allowed people as low as age 12 to be married. If they could make that decision then, they can make it now. Besides those kids may also be born that way and like being with older adults. Its their right if they wish to do what makes them happy.

You cannot say only certain people get to be how they were born to be but everyone else has to conform to set standards.

key word, CONSENTEMENT

Key words. Born that way.. Stop trying to justify your bias and double standards. If a child consents to sex and that is what he wants, he should be just as free as any homosexual person to explore those feelings with whomever they wish. Much the same way you want gays to have every right to do and say and act however they please.

again kid. BORN THAT WAY. If you cant argue the point then you obviously dont have anything to offer or back up your side of the argument

Want to comment back? Explain why one group gets to live life however they see fit cause they were "born that way" but another group also" born that way" does not. Many people have sex at or around 13. What difference does it make what age the other person is if that is what the person wants?

You cant do it. You cannot do it without showing your bias and doublestandards. Like most gays you dont want equality. you want superiority. You want your lifestyle accepted while everyone else lives in fear and hides.

First you say gay people are the same as rapist don't you see how dumb that is? second the vast majority of pedophiliacs relationships are kids being abused by their relatives if you to blind to see the difference between those and two adult agreeing to have sex go argue with someone else. That's not double standard that's freaking common sense and finally who the fuck lives in fear of gays do you think you can attract gayness or what

Just want to the argument he made with rapist is poor. But also the argument that pedophiles are abused adults is false on every level. Historically it was  not uncommon for men to marry 10-14 year olds. Chinese history has this. America earlier years. There are democratic countries today that allow sex with minors. The truth is some people just like little boys or girls and get turn-on by them. Just gays get turn on by men. Many of both have never been abuse. This is like saying rapist rape because of mental disease when it's a learnt behavior. You both are throwing generalization after generalization without looking up this stuff. Question you say vast but do you have an actual study showing from country where it legal to have sex with minor and marry and it shows the "vast " only do because of being sexually abuse?

Fred Berlin, M.D., a John Hopkins University associate professor of psychiatry said that he views pedophilia as another sexual orientation like heterosexuality. 

When being gay result in the same case of abuse like pedophilia do all be the first to be against gays

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.