By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is being Gay an evolution of humans?

Wright said:
reggin_bolas said:

Don't give me any hints! I'm more educated and sophisticated than you.

I just realize that you're merely a poor troll. I thought you were better than that.

I don't appreciate "hints" when I possess 2 masters degrees and a law degree. Also, the fact that you labeled the dissidents of gay rights as haters is pathetic. Disagreement = hate. Right? 

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
Jay520 said:
reggin_bolas said:
chapset said:
reggin_bolas said:
chapset said:
Gay people were always present, look at ancient Rome were they had orgies with only males, it went out of style for a while because of religions and other factors, by that I mean people would hide their sexual attraction to the same gender, now it's back because it's not as frown upon like it used to be.

Of course it's always been present. It still doesn't justify open practice. There is nothing to imply that we should accept same-sex marriage or public display of affection of the same.

Why the fuck you care about what consentent adults do

Because by giving them rights of marriage; they are looked upon as equals as between men and women which is patently offensive.

What prevents them from being equal?

I don't understand your question. Validating same-sex marriage is the same as openly accepting the practice of homosexuality as for as morality is concerned.

What is immoral with openly accepting the practice of homosexuality?

Jay520 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Here is the real issue people never seem to look at.
When you start making it a law that a certain group with a different sexual preference has the right to practice sex how they see fit, it opens up the doors for the others to come forward and claim the same rights

As we speak pedophiles, Nambla, and scientist and therapist are now pushing to change the definition of rape and child rape.
If one persons unnatural sex life is accepted then we have to accept everyone elses sexual preferences too because they also cannot help it.
Pedophiles cannot help how they feel. They were born that way so it should be perfectly fine for them to have sex with children. According to gays they cant help it so it should be accepted so now according tot hem pedophiles are okay too. rapist cannot help their sexual urges so their rights should be protected too.

If its how someone was made, then it should be okay for them to live that life..Isnt that what many of you said here yourself... Then you must also except every other persons sexual preferences because they were born that way.

The argument that homosexuality should be accepted has little to do with the fact that "its just the way people are". It's based on the fact that it doesn't harm anyone. So there's no reason to reject it. If there's no reason to reject something, then it should be accepted by default.

I am reposting what I wrote earlier in response to this classic gay-rights response.

"You look at the design of the human body and you will come to the conclusion it was only meant to engage in intercourse with another sexually-mature female. The anus is not designed to handle penetration. It ruptures easily and can develop polyps. Same thing with oral sex, studies show a link between oral sex and increased risk of mouth and  throat cancer. This leads a rational person to conclude that the sexual union between a man and a man is unnatural. Same principle with women, only behavior leading to procreation is natural by virtue of our biological design"

In other words, homosexuality violates the design of our bodies and the way we were meant to live.

reggin_bolas said:

A question for you gay-rights sympathizers. Do you find the idea of polyamory morally acceptable? Should people be allowed to marry more than one spouse? I ask because that's the future of civil rights advocacy.

You people intend to deconstruct (viz, destroy) the concept of family and that will pretty much be the end of this civilization.

No having more than one wife or husband at the same time is just stupid. Simply because you are supposed to be loyal to the one you love. They are the one and only. Personally i think we love all our friends and family, but it's not the same. I don't really know what this has to do with gay rights though. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

reggin_bolas said:
Wright said:

I just realize that you're merely a poor troll. I thought you were better than that.

I don't appreciate "hints" when I possess 2 masters degrees and a law degree. Also, the fact that you labeled the dissidents of gay rights as haters is pathetic. Disagreement = hate. Right? 

Perhaps he possess 3 masters and a medical degree. However, you don't know, and he took a clever way of explaining things without sounding too much disrespectful. You, on the other hand, pulled that out like that give you an advantage over the rest.

No, sir. You may be more sophisticated, but you're not more educated than him.

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
No it is not there has always been gay people and there are no more gay people as a % of the population then there has ever been. There are just allowed to be publicly gay now, it is no longer repressed at least in some parts of the world.

I agree with this.

And I also think its biological. I can smell the sweet/body odor of a woman and be completely ok and sometimes even be aroused by it. I can't do the same with men; I can't stand men's BO. I've at times recognized that there very attractive men out there, but I'm not physically attracted to them, I instead like to emulate what I like about them. Close male friendships don't make me feel any physical attraction to my same gender either, the more I get a long with other male friend, the more I want to consider them close like a brother.

I think most straight people can't understand what gays are; they think gays are confused individuals that may not have found the right woman/men to be happy. I don't think it's a fad with men, but it maybe with women because of the patriarchal social system that we live in.

Television, radio, and the internet are windows that have allowed us to view outside of our communities. This may cause people to believe things are changing; when in reality,  they are just being made aware of it.

ListerOfSmeg said:
chapset said:

key word, CONSENTEMENT

Key words. Born that way.. Stop trying to justify your bias and double standards. If a child consents to sex and that is what he wants, he should be just as free as any homosexual person to explore those feelings with whomever they wish. Much the same way you want gays to have every right to do and say and act however they please.

again kid. BORN THAT WAY. If you cant argue the point then you obviously dont have anything to offer or back up your side of the argument

Want to comment back? Explain why one group gets to live life however they see fit cause they were "born that way" but another group also" born that way" does not. Many people have sex at or around 13. What difference does it make what age the other person is if that is what the person wants?

You cant do it. You cannot do it without showing your bias and doublestandards. Like most gays you dont want equality. you want superiority. You want your lifestyle accepted while everyone else lives in fear and hides.

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. Whether gay people are born that way is not why they should be accepted or not.

Gays are accepted in society because all in all they're pretty regular people, they're functionning human beings, they can be doctors, scientists, firemen, policemen, garbage men, store clerks just as well as any other person. The only difference between me and a str8 guy is that I come home to my husband and he comes home to his wife. We both love our spouse, we both have plans, hopes, dreams, obstacles, difficulties, disappointments, etc...

When you get down to what counts, there's really not that much that separates heterosexuals and homosexuals.

Signature goes here!

the2real4mafol said:
reggin_bolas said:

A question for you gay-rights sympathizers. Do you find the idea of polyamory morally acceptable? Should people be allowed to marry more than one spouse? I ask because that's the future of civil rights advocacy.

You people intend to deconstruct (viz, destroy) the concept of family and that will pretty much be the end of this civilization.

No having more than one wife or husband at the same time is just stupid. Simply because you are supposed to be loyal to the one you love. They are the one and only. Personally i think we love all our friends and family, but it's not the same. I don't really know what this has to do with gay rights though. 

What if three people love each other and wishes to be loyal towards each other? No one will get hurt, so there is no point in opposing this idea.

Same thing can't be said about pedophilia.

the2real4mafol said:
reggin_bolas said:

Didn't you know gay rights is equted as civil rights? What do you think the next civil rights cause will be after gay rights? Do you think people will stop advocating for groups of people with historically oppressed interests? It's either the rights of pedophiles, bigamists, or other sexual deviants that will be the next focus.

Progressive liberalism is the single greatest threat to Western civilization, not radical islamism.

Wright said:
reggin_bolas said:

Classic desperation. When you homosexuals lose arguments you resort to the usual personal attacks. Same thing with minorities, if you keep disagreeing with them they will eventually call you racist. 

You keep ignoring me, though. I've proven that those who actually led to mankind's greatness (you know, the ancient greek) accepted homosexuality.

And Plato was bisexual. You should read Bouquet. (Or whatever his notes about love and romance was called)

Sorry, dude but that's not true. There is no way to determine whether he was straight, gay or bi. I'm a classist, doing a phd and the Symposium (means "the banquet") is part of my research. Seems to me that you haven't read it. Basically in the dialogue there are 7 main speakers, one of which is Socrates and only one of the seven talks about men being born with two heads, four arms etc and being split into two and seeking their other half their entire lives. There's no indication which speaker Plato agrees the most with. No serious scholar has writen any articles on Plato being bi or whatever. That would be nothing but speculation. Even if we assume that Socrates expresses Plato's views, in this dialogue, Socrates does not talk about love between men or women specifically. He talks mostly about love between men and women (with only a few ambiguous passages). 

Also, another misconception is that homosexulity was acceptable in Greece or Rome around 5th-1st cBC. It wasn't. Only certain types were acceptable and everything else heavily criticized. I'm not gonna go into detail, as I don't know if anyone wants to hear about it. Just wanted to point out that that's a common misconception.

As for the topic, Spurge was specific. If you disagree with homosexuality, stay out of this thread. Not sure if certain people here have bad comprehension skills or simply can't help themselves. If it's the latter, then they need to get some professional help, as it seriously doesn't affect their lives, but their words and actions affect those of others. Such hatred is misplaced and should thus not exist.

Anyway. To answer the question, it's definitely not evolution as many people rightly pointed out, but it does seem to me to be an anomaly. And I don't say that in a disrespectful way (I'm gay myself). It's just outside the norm along with so many other things in  life. We're all different in a way; it's just that we focus on some things that are different over other things. Some people are lactose intolerant, some others have insanely good memory, others incredibly good/fast metabolism. I think all these are anomalies (i.e. ouside the norm), but so what?

As for the argument about the "unbiased" "majority" thinking that homosexuality is bad, digusting, etc, the same thing could have been said about the majority of people 50 years ago and their feelings towards interacial couples, women voting/having equal rights and so on. The majority didn't like Black people for being black and I'm sure they felt unbiased, but that didn't make them any less wrong.