By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is being Gay an evolution of humans?

IHateLife said:
reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:

That's not an acceptable definition or use of the word natural. And your last sentence is heavily politicized. It again shows that outside of the political framwork, homosexuality is simply offensive to most people. 

It's acceptable to me, it's not acceptable that you use the bible, that's not a measure of anything. Given the majority of polls in civilised countries show support for homosexuality you're wrong.

What is unnatural is homophobia, thankfully it's being stamped out and the people that are homophobic look foolish.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow ;)

Where did I ever use the Bible to justify my assertions? Not a hard pill to swallow at all, these "countries" you refer to is Europe which is overwhelmingly leftist. In the US you still have a divide. 

Those who favor homosexuality are almost always politically leftist. If you take away the politics and religion behind homosexuality you end up with a common sense position which does NOT favor homosexuality. It is naturally offensive to an unbaised person. 

I say just let it be, you can't let everything in the world bother you, and this certainly isn't something you can do anything about. It's not like they are walking up to you with an erect penis and are trying to bend you over or anything(or if you are a woman, in which case would be shoveling their vaggies on your face). You can always take the side of "who gives a shit?"

He's likely struggling with some inner demons, most homophobes who always seek out to tell you homosexuality is wrong have their secrets ...

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
Wright said:

I doubt Plato considered himself wrong.

First of all, I don't accept your implication that Plato was gay. Second, the more important point is behavior is self-serving. If you play video games, chances are you find that an acceptable hobby and something you likely defend against criticism. Homosexuals while they can be unbaised theoretically, are most likely not the right people to ask for an unbaised opinion.

Straight is the norm. 

Ever heard of the Sacred Band of Thebas?

Seece said:
IHateLife said:
reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:

That's not an acceptable definition or use of the word natural. And your last sentence is heavily politicized. It again shows that outside of the political framwork, homosexuality is simply offensive to most people. 

It's acceptable to me, it's not acceptable that you use the bible, that's not a measure of anything. Given the majority of polls in civilised countries show support for homosexuality you're wrong.

What is unnatural is homophobia, thankfully it's being stamped out and the people that are homophobic look foolish.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow ;)

Where did I ever use the Bible to justify my assertions? Not a hard pill to swallow at all, these "countries" you refer to is Europe which is overwhelmingly leftist. In the US you still have a divide. 

Those who favor homosexuality are almost always politically leftist. If you take away the politics and religion behind homosexuality you end up with a common sense position which does NOT favor homosexuality. It is naturally offensive to an unbaised person. 

I say just let it be, you can't let everything in the world bother you, and this certainly isn't something you can do anything about. It's not like they are walking up to you with an erect penis and are trying to bend you over or anything(or if you are a woman, in which case would be shoveling their vaggies on your face). You can always take the side of "who gives a shit?"

He's likely struggling with some inner demons, most homophobes who always seek out to tell you homosexuality is wrong have their secrets ...

Classic desperation. When you homosexuals lose arguments you resort to the usual personal attacks. Same thing with minorities, if you keep disagreeing with them they will eventually call you racist. 

reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
IHateLife said:

Classic desperation. When you homosexuals lose arguments you resort to the usual personal attacks. Same thing with minorities, if you keep disagreeing with them they will eventually call you racist. 

I didn't lose the argument, and I think it's pretty telling when straight people go out of their way to diss homosexuality and get so worked up about it, you hear so many stories about them eventually coming out of the closet, I have no doubt you're similar. I've cottoned on to what you're doing as well, religious homophobics evidently understand that using religion as a reason homosexuality is bad isn't working, so now they're trying to fool people into thinking it's politics and the 'general consensus'.

I wouldn't view what I said as an attack either, it's more sad if anything and I hope anyone struggling with their own sexuality gets the help they need.

I swear homophobes think about gay guys more than gay men themselves!!!

Gays have always been there.
It's only now they dare to speak. If they said they were gay a few 100 years ago they would've been executed or imprisoned, like in some countries today.

It's is the growth of population, freedom of speech and change of attitude that made the gays walk out of the shadows.

Around the Network

Political correctness and liberal media push the need for all to accept and give homosexuals same rights and equal opportunity. Vocal minority groups seem to have more rights than the silent majority. Homosexuality is regarded as the new normal and homosexual marriages are fashionable and being made legal in more and more countries.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Political correctness and liberal media push the need for all to accept and give homosexuals same rights and equal opportunity. Vocal minority groups seem to have more rights than the silent majority. Homosexuality is regarded as the new normal and homosexual marriages are fashionable and being made legal in more and more countries.

How so? 'Minorities' are just trying to get on par with the majority. I don't know of any gay exclusives laws!

No. But the acceptance of people being openly gay is an evolution of our society.

If you study biology/evolution . You will find there is nothing supporting this idea beside the idea you having a feeling.

This topic is pointless if we are just thinking this and not doing actual research on the subject matter. It's almost like me making a topic on statistics without the statistics and just saying what you think the statistics are?

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

reggin_bolas said:

You keep ignoring me, though. I've proven that those who actually led to mankind's greatness (you know, the ancient greek) accepted homosexuality.

And Plato was bisexual. You should read Bouquet. (Or whatever his notes about love and romance was called)