By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is being Gay an evolution of humans?

reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:

It's just an opinion but homosexuality is offensive to all human senses. It's blatantly unnatural (and no, just because it occurs doesn't make it natural).

It's not an evolution because it has occured for as long as we have been on the planet. It is a societal evolution though; one which proceeds pari passu with progressive liberalism and atheism. 

Except yes, because it just occurs it makes it natural, nothing unnatural about it.

Because cannibalism occurs its natural. Because pedophilia exists it makes it natural. I think you need to rethink what you wrote. Natural means meaningful or purposeful by design. The cosmos is not without error and deviation. 

Cannibalism and peadophilia are natural. But not all natural things are good, and those two are very bad (heck at one point peadophilia was accepted by soceity).

Unlike those two homosexuality is natural and it's perfectly fine.

Around the Network

Being gay to prevent overpopulation isn't something that can happen by evolution (then you simply don't understand evolution). Principle of evolution is giving the best information/genes to your offspring to survive in your natural habitat. For progress of evolution to occur, you'll have to make babies and gays don't make babies, so their genome can't be spread around the population and therefore natural selection can't 'select' on those genes. Evolution isn't something that 'knows' how big the world is and how many individuals the world can handle. If it is normal to get 2 babies (example), and at a certain time the natural habitat of the group with people can't handle those amount of humans, then natural selection will choose individuals who get less babies than average, because only they survive and therefore are capable of spreading their genes.

And this is something I think is very funny. Religious groups of people who are disgusted by homosexuals usually force their homosexual offspring to have sex with women and get babies. But if you want to prevent homosexuality, you simply have to let gays...being gays, lol. Then they aren't capable of making children and their 'gaygenes' wont spread around the population.

Sidenote: I have NOTHING against gays.

reggin_bolas said:
Wright said:

Of course everyone can have its own opinion about this. But just to let you know, humans aren't the only animals that commit this "unnatural" thing you're saying.

I have heard that argument so many times. I've also heard that we should abandon monagomy because no animal on this planet is monogamous. It doesn't work that way. Human beings are far too complex to be relegated to mere animals. And just because homosexuality can occur in other species doesn't make it desirable socially what so ever. 

Homosexuality and poligamy has been like, forever. The only thing that makes us not condone poligamy these days is due to ethics restrictions, which are human-made.

Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:

It's just an opinion but homosexuality is offensive to all human senses. It's blatantly unnatural (and no, just because it occurs doesn't make it natural).

It's not an evolution because it has occured for as long as we have been on the planet. It is a societal evolution though; one which proceeds pari passu with progressive liberalism and atheism. 

Except yes, because it just occurs it makes it natural, nothing unnatural about it.

Because cannibalism occurs its natural. Because pedophilia exists it makes it natural. I think you need to rethink what you wrote. Natural means meaningful or purposeful by design. The cosmos is not without error and deviation. 

Cannibalism and peadophilia are natural. But not all natural things are good, and those two are very bad (heck at one point peadophilia was accepted by soceity).

That's not an acceptable definition or use of the word natural. And your last sentence is heavily politicized. It again shows that outside of the political framwork, homosexuality is simply offensive to most people. 

reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:

That's not an acceptable definition or use of the word natural. And your last sentence is heavily politicized. It again shows that outside of the political framwork, homosexuality is simply offensive to most people. 

It's acceptable to me, it's not acceptable that you use the bible, that's not a measure of anything. Given the majority of polls in civilised countries show support for homosexuality you're wrong.

What is unnatural is homophobia, thankfully it's being stamped out and the people that are homophobic look foolish.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow ;)

Around the Network
Yoshiya said:
Wright said:

Not sure if serious, Spurge.

And I am one of those who believes that we're all born bisexual. It's when you grow up, the hormones, the people that surrounds you, the education you get and the influence of the world and the media onto you that end up definning what you'll be.

^This. Personally I think that the fact many older civilisations that accepted homosexuality had higher proportions of homosexual people shows just how true this is.

Nah, as far as I can remember back to when I first had memory as a kid, I've always liked girls(kindergarden age was my first crush, girl around the same age, then there were others of all ages, it was just naturally that way for me), and guys were just there to have physical fights and brawls with to sharpen my ass kicking skills. The fact that I have no problem with homosexuals is a sign that I'm pretty comfy with my sexuality and I just never liked guys that way even for a little bit, straight as a super high velocity sniper bullet, kinda funny how gay men always want to pick me up in the book stores when I'm browsing though hehe..... then I open my mouth and they just know I'm not gay lol.

IHateLife said:
Yoshiya said:

^This. Personally I think that the fact many older civilisations that accepted homosexuality had higher proportions of homosexual people shows just how true this is.

Nah, as far as I can remember back to when I first had memory as a kid, I've always liked girls(kindergarden age was my first crush, girl around the same age, then there were others of all ages, it was just naturally that way for me), and guys were just there to have physical fights and brawls with to sharpen my ass kicking skills. The fact that I have no problem with homosexuals is a sign that I'm pretty comfy with my sexuality and I just never liked guys that way even for a little bit, straight as a super high velocity sniper bullet, kinda funny how gay men always want to pick me up in the book stores when I'm browsing though hehe..... then I open my mouth and they just know I'm not gay lol.

Understanding your priorities earlier than the rest of us don't void my argument less valid

Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:
Seece said:
reggin_bolas said:

It's acceptable to me, it's not acceptable that you use the bible, that's not a measure of anything. Given the majority of polls in civilised countries show support for homosexuality you're wrong.

What is unnatural is homophobia, thankfully it's being stamped out and the people that are homophobic look foolish.

I know it's a hard pill to swallow ;)

Where did I ever use the Bible to justify my assertions? Not a hard pill to swallow at all, these "countries" you refer to is Europe which is overwhelmingly leftist. In the US you still have a divide. 

Those who favor homosexuality are almost always politically leftist. If you take away the politics and religion behind homosexuality you end up with a common sense position which does NOT favor homosexuality. It is naturally offensive to an unbaised person. 

So... we heterosexual people haven't achieved complete evolution? Damn! So I am an error?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

reggin_bolas said:

Where did I ever use the Bible to justify my assertions? Not a hard pill to swallow at all, these "countries" you refer to is Europe which is overwhelmingly leftist. In the US you still have a divide. 

Those who favor homosexuality are almost always politically leftist. If you take away the politics and religion behind homosexuality you end up with a common sense position which does NOT favor homosexuality. It is naturally offensive to an unbaised person. 

...because all unbiased people are straight?