By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Homefront 2 Coming to Xbox One

DeadBigfoot21 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Just what we need, more shooters...

Said no gamer ever

actually a lot of people dislike shooters. 

Around the Network

The first game was insulting in its SP campaign. You could no NOTHING unless you waited for the AI to move its lazy behind and open doors for you, snipe targets, run ahead and open the way. I found it to be one of the worst SP campaign of recent years in shooters and didn't even bother to complete it.

Maybe the second one will have some better stuff to show us. I hope that with the power of the new generation we'll see a shift back to more carefully thought out SP campaigns that, even with scripted events, at least won't feel like I'm a toddler being guided by hand through the whole game.

Was the first game any good? 

JinxRake said:
The first game was insulting in its SP campaign. You could no NOTHING unless you waited for the AI to move its lazy behind and open doors for you, snipe targets, run ahead and open the way. I found it to be one of the worst SP campaign of recent years in shooters and didn't even bother to complete it.

Maybe the second one will have some better stuff to show us. I hope that with the power of the new generation we'll see a shift back to more carefully thought out SP campaigns that, even with scripted events, at least won't feel like I'm a toddler being guided by hand through the whole game.

if you think it is bad, the ending is actually a lot worse, it just ends with a tank exploding and then they shoot down some cars with jet fighters or something like that (yeah i don't mind spoiling it , because its crap)

Just go watch the ending and don't bother playing the game.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Given sales people seem to like them more than the thousand's jrgp.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:

Note:  The source title for this article is Evidence of Windows 8 apps on Xbox One presumably in front of us the whole time.  It has been changed because the title I chose I thought was more relevant to this site.

The stuff about windows 8 is the more interesting story here. Another fps coming to xbone is hardly worth talking about.

PullusPardus said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Said no gamer ever

A lot of people dislike Dominos, but yet for thousands of years they and dice continue to thrive as games.  Go figure.  Oh, and a lot of people at Go too, yet the same is true.  1,000s of years, game still played. 

I wouldn't even go so far as to say that Hoop and Stick is no longer played because I'm sure in some third-world nation some kid is running around with a hoop and a stick.

Adinnieken said:
PullusPardus said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Said no gamer ever

A lot of people dislike Dominos, but yet for thousands of years they and dice continue to thrive as games.  Go figure.  Oh, and a lot of people at Go too, yet the same is true.  1,000s of years, game still played. 

I wouldn't even go so far as to say that Hoop and Stick is no longer played because I'm sure in some third-world nation some kid is running around with a hoop and a stick.

my point is that there is a lot of gamers that would say "just what we need... more shooters"

PullusPardus said:
Adinnieken said:
PullusPardus said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Said no gamer ever

my point is that there is a lot of gamers that would say "just what we need... more shooters"

I understood your point, but there are a lot of gamers that will say the same thing about every gaming genre.  Everyone has their preferences.  Homefront was a great idea for a game, though not necessarily perfectly executed.  Nevertheless, it's extremely topical given the situation with North Korea.

Heck, the game accurately predicted the first successful missle test by NK as well as the year of Kim Jung-il's death and his successor of Kim Jung-un.  Though I think the latter was a foregone conclusion.  That makes the game all the more impressive, imho.