By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Has Unlimited Friends

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

by unlimited they meant 1000 they clarified this with Eurogamer right after E3.

Its like my unlimited data on my phone, which is limited to 3gbs, 

Tech companies dont know what the word unlimited actually means. 

Actually they do. "More than enough for the average user".

Yeah thats not the definition of unlimited, buy a dictionary. 

Well, perhaps you should first learn how to communicate with people so they don't think immediately you're an idiot and second you should learn to interpret what it means when people use quotes, ie. """.

No the Adveritsing watchdogs should ban companies from using the word when its not true, its clearly mis representation and mis selling of your product. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
So what is going on here? 1000 is bad, 2000 is good and unlimited is bad again?

LMAO, ain't it a bitch like that.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Someone remind me next year to make a thread:

"Xbox One friends list bigger then number of consoles sold"

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

Actually they do. "More than enough for the average user".

Lol what. That's not what it means.

Porcupine_I said:
Someone remind me next year to make a thread:

"Xbox One friends list bigger then number of consoles sold"

Lmfao

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Adinnieken said:

Someone that I know who was in high school, barely had any Facebook friends and he couldn't fathom why anyone would or could have that many.  I assured him, once he graduated things would change.  They did, especially when he entered university.  Even more so when he became the editor of the school newpaper and a music critic.

Facebook becomes a way of reconnecting with people you borderline dislike, but still want to see how they're doing in life.   Not to mention the people you do like and are your friends.  Oh and family. 

I doubt many people have over 2'000 (maybe even 1'000) people they would actually call friends. 

FaceBook is not a good example any way you look at it. Unless you have a big family and a lot of them have FB accounts...

I'm not arguing whether Facebook is a good example of who are or aren't friends. 

If you have Skype, and you connect Skype to Facebook, all your Facebook contacts become Skype contacts.
Now, if you have an Xbox One, and you use Skype with the same account you use for Skype, all those contacts will be part of your Friends on Xbox One. 

I don't believe there will be a distinction between Xbox One contact types and Friends on your friends list.  You'll be able to group them, like on Skype, but those groups could have a mesh of Windows Messenger users (if you have them still), Xbox LIVE gamers, Skype contacts, e-mail contacts, and Facebook contacts as well as other integrated services.

Oh my god people. Who cares if it's 1000 or 2000 or unlimited! I don't even know how you guys have filled up the friends list limit on PS3/360...I've had my PS3 for almost 4 years and I'm probably like half way full. I wouldn't even care if next gen systems only had like 200-300 max number of friends.

Xenostar said:

This is inaccurate.

At the Reveal, Xbox Support was asked what the limit on Friends was, they said it was 1,000.  At E3 they said, no it isn't capped at 1,000. 

Adinnieken said:
Xenostar said:

This is inaccurate.

At the Reveal, Xbox Support was asked what the limit on Friends was, they said it was 1,000.  At E3 they said, no it isn't capped at 1,000. 

Even if it was limited to 1000 who cares...This is like a dick measuring contest to you people lol.

Adinnieken said:
Xenostar said:

This is inaccurate.

But then you jump the gun and state that it is "unlimited"...Nice.. 

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."