By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs Current Vs. Next Gen Footage(Videos)

What do you think of the footage?

Kill it with fire 29 13.36%

WTF 17 7.83%

Wow, just wow 14 6.45%

atrocity 1 0.46%

looks meh 26 11.98%

Best looking game ever-sarcasm 8 3.69%

looks ok at best 17 7.83%

Wow, so watch dogs is on the ps2? 67 30.88%

looks good 38 17.51%

Total:217
ninjablade said:

Conegamer said:

I think you may lose this one. The current gen version is far from what they can do, and development started way, way later than the Wii U version, which is being developed alongside the PS4 and XB1 versions. So you would have to imagine it'll be using the same assets, unlike the PS360 versions which look now like a lazy cash-in. 

No way will the U version looks anything like the PS360 version for this reason alone, even if they were equatable in power.

take the bet then i will bet a 2 month ban for u and a perma ban for me.

Hah! Why would I take a bet which results in the outcome being subjective? Different people see things in different ways, you know.

Not only that, but if you knew me, betting on something which could get me banned is the last thing I want to do.

Someone will take your bet. They will probably win. But that person won't be me, Im afraid.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

not really, when i mean slightly, i mean something like ps3 to 360 mulitplatform games, it will be very close to current gen versions and worlds apart from the nextgen versions. basically best case scenerio for watch dogs for wiiu is need for spped wiiu type port, just slighlty better.

But again, who decides what's "slightly"? You do. And you'll say it's slightly in order to win the bet.

to me slighty means basically looking the same, minus a a few better textures here and there, everybody with eyes know what slightly means, if the wiiu version any where near the next versions then it will not be slightly.

"Slightly" is not a clear cut parameter though. The point is, why should people take a bet where the deciding factor is decided by you? It's basically a bet where you get to decide whether or not you win.

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

not really, when i mean slightly, i mean something like ps3 to 360 mulitplatform games, it will be very close to current gen versions and worlds apart from the nextgen versions. basically best case scenerio for watch dogs for wiiu is need for spped wiiu type port, just slighlty better.

But again, who decides what's "slightly"? You do. And you'll say it's slightly in order to win the bet.

to me slighty means basically looking the same, minus a a few better textures here and there, everybody with eyes know what slightly means, if the wiiu version any where near the next versions then it will not be slightly.

"Slightly" is not a clear cut parameter though. The point is, why should people take a bet where the deciding factor is decided by you? It's basically a bet where you get to decide whether or not you win.

i dont get it, people are saying it wont look anything like the 360/ps3 versions i'm saying it will basically look the same, just like ps3/360/wiiu muliplatform games in the past, is that hard for you to understand

ninjablade said:

i dont get it, people are saying it wont look anything like the 360/ps3 versions i'm saying it will basically look the same, just like ps3/360/wiiu muliplatform games in the past, is that hard for you to understand

I understand, but I'm also aware of your bias. If you want a bet a rational person would take, you'll have to come up with a more clear-cut and unambiguous deciding factor, like "it won't beat the PS3/360 versions according to Digital Foundry."

curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

I understand, but I'm also aware of your bias. If you want a bet a rational person would take, you'll have to come up with a more clear-cut and unambiguous deciding factor, like "it won't beat the PS3/360 versions according to Digital Foundry."

dude this is not that hard, the ps4 and xbone versions of watch dogs are gonna crap all over currentgen versions, were talking about consoles that are 7-10x more powerful then currentgen, if the wiiu version is any where near nextgen versions it will clearly show, just looks at the video in current gen versions, its a night in day differnce and you call me biased but i have been right on everything i have said so far.

Around the Network

the wii u footage from the e3 montage did not look promising - i must say. I am leaning towards the idea that the Wii U version will be the same as the current maybe a little better - not the the fault of the hardware but ubisoft will be too fucked to put the extra effort to use hardware. Sorry my fellow nintendo fans, this is how i see the end product. Don't get you hopes up - you may be disappointed.

Watch dog footage starts at 2:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eT12Mk4a1U

mii-gamer said:
the wii u footage from the e3 montage did not look promising - i must say. I am leaning towards the idea that the Wii U version will be the same as the current maybe a little better - not the the fault of the hardware but ubisoft will be too fucked to put the extra effort to use hardware. Sorry my fellow nintendo fans, this is how i see the end product. Don't get you hopes up - you may be disappointed.

its really the hardware fault.

mii-gamer said:

You can't really draw too many conclusions from that video, the quality is pretty poor.

Is it just me or is Youtube getting worse in this regard as of late, even 720p and 1080p streams are so heavily compressed it's barely worth the option of having the higher res versions.

I feel sorry for anyone who actually pre ordered the current gen versions

007BondAgent said:
I feel sorry for anyone who actually pre ordered the current gen versions

A very high percentage of people can't afford to get a next gen system, or don't see the point yet. So, the current gen versions are their only choice.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.