By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders, 27th July 2013

NintendoPie said:
oniyide said:

IMHO these are the numbers i thought it would do, I think if anyone thought they would do better they were judging to high. Remember the low install base compared to what Pikmin 1 and 2 released on. Doesnt matter if its Ninty, they are not some infallible hit factory, they have a few franchises that jsut dont do huge numbers, Sin and Punishment come to mind.

I never said that Nintendo was an infallible hit factory. If you compare this to other Pikmin games, it's still bad. 

With what info we know, at least. VGC doesn't have much.

again you cant really expect much with a game releasing on the Wii U, almost not really fair to compare it to the others cause they released on consoles that had much large install bases at the time, the preorders are a reflection of that.

Around the Network
areason said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Angelv577 said:
@Deadbigfoot21

According to the current trends, it is more likely that ghost xbox version surpass ps4 version but for now battlefield 4 is another story. Current trends shows the ps4 version outpacing it every week.

I've been watching the charts every week for the past few weeks and bf4 and ghosts on xbox one is getting closer to the ps4 versions week by week. It wont take long till they get passed

Ofcourse they will, but then again the ps4 has 2 more titles then the xone in the chart, i wonder at release which console will have the total most pre orders software wise, i think it will be close. 

It is so weird how watchdogs ps4 i the only watchdogs version out their. I don't undertand the huge interest it has on one paltform. 

Seeing how sony has less exclusives (not talking about watch dogs) at launch and microsoft has more, i expect ps4 exclusives to sell more because there are less. It was opposite this gen but now microsoft has more at launch so i expect them to sell less because there are more of them. Plus both 360 and ps3 are taking pre orders for those games aswell. Pre orders dont mean nothing because that specific game might have high pre orders but after launch sales will go down. Or it can have low pre orders but sales go up after launch.

JoeTheBro said:
Is XOne what this site decided on? Xbone is sad :(

Great numbers for a game that doesn't exist though lol. 52,455

It does exist, and it isn't cancelled.

Just sayin'

Still no big seller in sight for the WiiU.

HikenNoAce said:

Mario Land, im sure and if not...

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
JoeTheBro said:
Is XOne what this site decided on? Xbone is sad :(

Great numbers for a game that doesn't exist though lol. 52,455

It does exist, and it isn't cancelled.

Just sayin'

That's what people want to think, hence so many pre-orders.

oniyide said:
HikenNoAce said:

Mario Land, im sure and if not...

Weird. Wii Fit U is on there but not Mario 3D World.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
areason said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Angelv577 said:
@Deadbigfoot21

According to the current trends, it is more likely that ghost xbox version surpass ps4 version but for now battlefield 4 is another story. Current trends shows the ps4 version outpacing it every week.

I've been watching the charts every week for the past few weeks and bf4 and ghosts on xbox one is getting closer to the ps4 versions week by week. It wont take long till they get passed

Ofcourse they will, but then again the ps4 has 2 more titles then the xone in the chart, i wonder at release which console will have the total most pre orders software wise, i think it will be close. 

It is so weird how watchdogs ps4 i the only watchdogs version out their. I don't undertand the huge interest it has on one paltform. 

Seeing how sony has less exclusives (not talking about watch dogs) at launch and microsoft has more, i expect ps4 exclusives to sell more because there are less. It was opposite this gen but now microsoft has more at launch so i expect them to sell less because there are more of them. Plus both 360 and ps3 are taking pre orders for those games aswell. Pre orders dont mean nothing because that specific game might have high pre orders but after launch sales will go down. Or it can have low pre orders but sales go up after launch.

As far as retail purchase exclusives, it's not like Xbox One has a bunch more. With Kinect Sports: Rivals now being delayed that basically leaves Forza, Dead Rising, and Ryse to compete with Killzone, Knack, and Driveclub. The fact that Killzone is significantly outpacing (currently) any one of those Xbox One exclusives cannot simply be attributed to 'lack of exclusives'. That's downplaying the popularity of the game among those purchasing a PS4, not to mention in general.

still waiting for GTA V to explode ,

Raven722 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
areason said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Angelv577 said:
@Deadbigfoot21

As far as retail purchase exclusives, it's not like Xbox One has a bunch more. With Kinect Sports: Rivals now being delayed that basically leaves Forza, Dead Rising, and Ryse to compete with Killzone, Knack, and Driveclub. The fact that Killzone is significantly outpacing (currently) any one of those Xbox One exclusives cannot simply be attributed to 'lack of exclusives'. That's downplaying the popularity of the game among those purchasing a PS4, not to mention in general.

They are grasping at straws. No other way to look at it. 

- WD PS4 is more than doubling the XB1 version

- BF4 is at 3 to 2 over XB1

- Killzone is doubling any combination of Forza, DR3 and Ryse

And to make it worse, This is in the USA.... the XB Stronghold.   For those who care about about sales numbers and who is number one, its going to be a painful holiday and rude awakening for XB fans once the global numbers show total annihilation.  Considering that Launch consoles of the PS4 are still available at the major outlets, expect these numbers to get better for PS4.

NOTE : I do expect XB1 to catch up to PS4 in the US and UK once Halo is released though.  But all the PS4 has to is Tie US and they will win the "console wars"