By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders, 27th July 2013

xmositox said:
Raven722 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Seeing how sony has less exclusives (not talking about watch dogs) at launch and microsoft has more, i expect ps4 exclusives to sell more because there are less. It was opposite this gen but now microsoft has more at launch so i expect them to sell less because there are more of them. Plus both 360 and ps3 are taking pre orders for those games aswell. Pre orders dont mean nothing because that specific game might have high pre orders but after launch sales will go down. Or it can have low pre orders but sales go up after launch.

As far as retail purchase exclusives, it's not like Xbox One has a bunch more. With Kinect Sports: Rivals now being delayed that basically leaves Forza, Dead Rising, and Ryse to compete with Killzone, Knack, and Driveclub. The fact that Killzone is significantly outpacing (currently) any one of those Xbox One exclusives cannot simply be attributed to 'lack of exclusives'. That's downplaying the popularity of the game among those purchasing a PS4, not to mention in general.

They are grasping at straws. No other way to look at it. 

- WD PS4 is more than doubling the XB1 version

- BF4 is at 3 to 2 over XB1

- Killzone is doubling any combination of Forza, DR3 and Ryse

And to make it worse, This is in the USA.... the XB Stronghold.   For those who care about about sales numbers and who is number one, its going to be a painful holiday and rude awakening for XB fans once the global numbers show total annihilation.  Considering that Launch consoles of the PS4 are still available at the major outlets, expect these numbers to get better for PS4.

NOTE : I do expect XB1 to catch up to PS4 in the US and UK once Halo is released though.  But all the PS4 has to is Tie US and they will win the "console wars"

The fact that Watch Dogs for the PS4 is where it's at is very impressive. I really underestimated how much it would help to have the game shown off not only at the PS4 reveal event but also for Sony's PS4 portion of their E3 conference. I'm sure the extra content is helping. I don't think anyone expected preorders of that game to be so heavily in favor of one platform. Call of Duty: Ghosts for the XOne may very well surpass the PS4 version but I somehow doubt Battlefield 4 will do the same. The PS4 version has a strong lead and just sold 6 times the preorders of the XOne version this past week.

Killzone: Shadow Fall's current big lead over any Xbox One launch title should not be dismissed. It may not have sold like Halo in the past but it is still the PlayStation brand's big exclusive FPS franchise and the changes being made to this game compared to previous titles are significant with many Killzone fans agreeing it's a nice step in the right direction. If Sony shows off its multiplayer at Gamescom and people like what they see we'll probably watch Killzone jump ahead even further. For any Sony fan, what is really exciting to consider is that Killzone is already having a strong showing among exclusives and yet it's not the one among known Sony exclusives that has the most attention. That belongs to Infamous: Second Son.

To be fair though, this is too early for any side to be declaring anything. Any number of things could change between now and launch that could make this picture look entirely different and it is not a wise idea to underestimate any one of these big three. As far as Halo goes, it all depends on how far behind the Xbox One finds itself, if at all. Halo is huge but Sony has too many studios that can crank out high quality titles for even Halo to turn the tables if the Xbox One is already far behind. Considering how things are looking elsewhere at the moment for Microsoft, they really have no choice but to fight tooth and nail for North America and do whatever they can to gain a strong lead. If Sony commands a lead in that region or at least stays competitive, I don't see how the Xbox One will be able to compete overall. The Xbox brand has a terrible track record in Asia and Europe, while not a lock for Sony, has already ended up in Sony's corner for this generation and is showing an even greater preference for the PlayStation 4 than what we are seeing in North America.

Around the Network

@deadbigfoot

2 things:
Ps4 version still in front and this week ps4 gain a significant increase compare to the xbox version so it would need a couple a weeks to catch on, taking into account that from now on, the xbox version would outpace the ps4 version, but I don't see that happening.

lol is that The Last Guardian at #19

Also PS4 preorders looking good

HikenNoAce said:
oniyide said:
HikenNoAce said:
Still no big seller in sight for the WiiU.

Mario Land, im sure and if not...

Weird. Wii Fit U is on there but not Mario 3D World.

to be fair, Wii Fit U was announced before Mario 3d world. and was available for preorder longer.

oniyide said:
HikenNoAce said:
oniyide said:
HikenNoAce said:
Still no big seller in sight for the WiiU.

Mario Land, im sure and if not...

Weird. Wii Fit U is on there but not Mario 3D World.

to be fair, Wii Fit U was announced before Mario 3d world. and was available for preorder longer.

True and very fair. But it has been more than 6 weeks since it was announced so it should be getting on there really soon.

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
areason said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Angelv577 said:
@Deadbigfoot21

According to the current trends, it is more likely that ghost xbox version surpass ps4 version but for now battlefield 4 is another story. Current trends shows the ps4 version outpacing it every week.

I've been watching the charts every week for the past few weeks and bf4 and ghosts on xbox one is getting closer to the ps4 versions week by week. It wont take long till they get passed

Ofcourse they will, but then again the ps4 has 2 more titles then the xone in the chart, i wonder at release which console will have the total most pre orders software wise, i think it will be close. 

It is so weird how watchdogs ps4 i the only watchdogs version out their. I don't undertand the huge interest it has on one paltform. 

Seeing how sony has less exclusives (not talking about watch dogs) at launch and microsoft has more, i expect ps4 exclusives to sell more because there are less. It was opposite this gen but now microsoft has more at launch so i expect them to sell less because there are more of them. Plus both 360 and ps3 are taking pre orders for those games aswell. Pre orders dont mean nothing because that specific game might have high pre orders but after launch sales will go down. Or it can have low pre orders but sales go up after launch.

x1 and ps4 have each 3 exclusives at launch, then sony has infamous in q1 2014, while ms has kinect sports rivals. That makes it 4 for each. 

Glad to see PS4 games doing so well.

areason said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

x1 and ps4 have each 3 exclusives at launch, then sony has infamous in q1 2014, while ms has kinect sports rivals. That makes it 4 for each. 

Yeah, but Knack sucks and Drive club is free so they don't count as games.   Don't you know that?   Silly Sony Fanboys...

Moderated - Kresnik

Angelv577 said:
@deadbigfoot

2 things:
Ps4 version still in front and this week ps4 gain a significant increase compare to the xbox version so it would need a couple a weeks to catch on, taking into account that from now on, the xbox version would outpace the ps4 version, but I don't see that happening.

Xbox one version of those games will pass the ps4 version before launch. Quote me on that. Ghosts is already gonna pass killzone and bf4 soon. Im sure it'll pass watch dogs aswell.

@Deadbigfoot

I agree that ghosts xbox version will surpass them, but I disagree that every multiplatform release will sell better on the xbox version, but we will see.