By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Quick Topic] Are you bored of Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Is Nintendo becoming boring?

Yes 53 28.96%

No 130 71.04%

Total:183

I became bored of platformers years ago, which, obviously, is kind of where Nintendo lives. I also became bored with flat, shallow, caricature-type characters and games with static settings and storylines. I think my discovery of RPGs is mostly responsible for that.

However, a lot of Nintendo's newer IPs have my attention, particularly with the 3DS. It's mostly the old, stand-by stuff that I couldn't care less about (other than Zelda and perhaps Metroid).

But, yeah, as a company they're exceedingly boring. I swear to god, some of the Nintendo Direct things could have been produced in the 1980s.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Suke said:

I know your being sarcastic and no, no one don't want FPS.  :P

I'm not being sarcastic about either of my points.

You need to put more substance into your OP. (Just adding your own opinion would be fine.) And Nintendo needs to tone down the primary colors and throw in some more guns into their games. Possibly even add some dogs, that could be a nice touch.

And some armhair.

Lately? Yes, Super Mario 3D World is a good example of that, whatever happened to new experiences? It's 3D Land with cleaner visuals and multiple players, and the art style screams old to me.

But in all seriousness, they seemed to not care much with Mario with evolving the franchise at this moment. The fact that they stated "well we still have the Galaxy series" leads me to believe this.

pokoko said:
I became bored of platformers years ago, which, obviously, is kind of where Nintendo lives. I also became bored with flat, shallow, caricature-type characters and games with static settings and storylines. I think my discovery of RPGs is mostly responsible for that.

However, a lot of Nintendo's newer IPs have my attention, particularly with the 3DS. It's mostly the old, stand-by stuff that I couldn't care less about (other than Zelda and perhaps Metroid).

But, yeah, as a company they're exceedingly boring. I swear to god, some of the Nintendo Direct things could have been produced in the 1980s.

Pretty much my whole fusteration with Nintendo, I feel they never evolve their IPs, they feel more like object. This is why I enjoy Luigi Mansion Dark Moon, Mario and Luigi, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Super Mario Striker, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus Rising more then the games created by Nintendo main dev team. I love the gameplay but also want to learn more about the characters, see them react to their surrounding 

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Never! This is mainly thanks to not relying solely on Nintendo for my gaming fix. Diversity keeps everything fresh!

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Would you settle for an open-world and/or brawler game instead?

Hm, not sure. What types of open-world or brawler games are we talking about?

NintendoPie said:
noname2200 said:

Would you settle for an open-world and/or brawler game instead?

Hm, not sure. What types of open-world or brawler games are we talking about?

Wait...there are types now!?!

Nintendo has been boring since 1998.

noname2200 said:

Wait...there are types now!?!

In a way, I meant what games are you referring to in those genres? I don't want to get tricked into saying yes only to find out that the games you were talking about were Nintendo games!

Nintendo is lazy and their laziness is starting to catch up with them. Nearly 40 years in gaming and they only truly have 3 memorable characters and a slew of overrated games.