By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SurferGirl/SkaterBoy Wii rumours checklist

Good idea Benga. Would help if this was stickied...

It'll be interesting to see that their success avg ends up being. Maybe you want to indicate who said what though (SG or SB)

Around the Network

alot seem unlikely to happen

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

alot of it I really doubt. Surfer girl was right about ghostbusters, but like a week before it was all over the internet. And apparently some people here had heard about it too, and I was just out of the loop. 95% of it is rubbish, and the other 5% is just stuff that's publicly available if you look hard enough.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

There are plenty of people who have enough gaming contacts to get this level of information. Not a one of them is stupid enough to post it on the internet though. Revealing big secrets is a quick way to get fired and sued. Leaks like these are very traceable.

There may be people with enough contacts to get this level of information, but not this consistently and not in these quantities. She's got rumors for every developer and every platform, and they come out like clockwork.

Just in the last batch of rumors posted here, for instance, she implied that she'd gotten hands-on impressions of Gears of War 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction, among other games. So in a matter of weeks (since her last massive batch of rumors) she'd apparently flown out to North Carolina, up to Montreal, and back home again, all so she could post on her anonymous, non-profit blog. Why exactly do all these industry insiders leak information available nowhere else to some girl with no journalistic connections at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to tell them to EGM or something?

Borkachev said:
There are plenty of people who have enough gaming contacts to get this level of information. Not a one of them is stupid enough to post it on the internet though. Revealing big secrets is a quick way to get fired and sued. Leaks like these are very traceable.

There may be people with enough contacts to get this level of information, but not this consistently and not in these quantities. She's got rumors for every developer and every platform, and they come out like clockwork.

Just in the last batch of rumors posted here, for instance, she implied that she'd gotten hands-on impressions of Gears of War 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction, among other games. So in a matter of weeks (since her last massive batch of rumors) she'd apparently flown out to North Carolina, up to Montreal, and back home again, all so she could post on her anonymous, non-profit blog. Why exactly do all these industry insiders leak information available nowhere else to some girl with no journalistic connections at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to tell them to EGM or something?

She doesn't have contacts, she works for a publisher or printer.  If you look at everything she's gotten right, it's usually a week or two before that information is revealed in a magazine.

Around the Network

Perhaps I'm crazy but I remember having a bitch of a time unlocking the last character in brawl...is it possible that mega-man is a secret character still?

I will be the first person to say its highly highly unlikely but I wouldn't put it past them to lock that kind of secret until the game is out in all regions and then with a system update make it so he can be unlocked...would be pretty sweet and would at least be a bone thrown to the American and EU markets for having to wait.

I say again, I seriously doubt this...but its not impossible.

To Each Man, Responsibility

She doesn't have contacts, she works for a publisher or printer. If you look at everything she's gotten right, it's usually a week or two before that information is revealed in a magazine.

Is that the story she's going with now? And this company hasn't noticed that all of its exclusives are revealed on this blog 2 weeks before they're printed?

Incidentally, what exactly has she gotten right? I'd be very interested in seeing a list.

Here she posts a list of things she got right: http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/kloosterhouse.html

This is about a month old though.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Surfer Girls probably not even female - more likely to be a 40 yr old fat bearded bloke.....