By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Muslim writes about Jesus - Is This The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done?

NintendoPie said:
pokoko said:

Oh, come on.  He was the father in The Lion King.

You fell for my trap!

Actually, I really did forget where I heard it from. :P

Your trap was actually part of my trap.  Aslan was actually the Chief Ewok in The Return of the Jedi.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
pokoko said:

Oh, come on.  He was the father in The Lion King.

You fell for my trap!

Actually, I really did forget where I heard it from. :P

Did you fall for his?

I know this thread is about bad journalism, but after having watched the daily show interview posted by seth, it goes to show how off you can be when you reject the bible's account...

Jesus didn't defy the roman empire, he defied the Jewish stranglehold on the Judaic tradition. He was crucified as an outlaw though he never defied the state, that's because he was crucified for reason of Jewish persecution, not roman hostility...

When a scholar of two decades can't appreciate that subtle difference, you know the world is going to shit.

If anyone wants the full interview, here it is. It just gets better and better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY92TV4_Wc0

Go Fox News!

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:

Did you fall for his?

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I haven't watched Return of the Jedi nor do I even remember the father's name in The Lion King. So overall I'm just confused about this whole thing.

NintendoPie said:
LemonSlice said:

Did you fall for his?

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I haven't watched Return of the Jedi nor do I even remember the father's name in The Lion King. So overall I'm just confused about this whole thing.

There's this awesome thing called Google, you should check it out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aslan

happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:
LemonSlice said:

Did you fall for his?

There's this awesome thing called Google, you should check it out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aslan

Except now NintendoPie will tell us we all fell for his trap.

happydolphin said:
I know this thread is about bad journalism, but after having watched the daily show interview posted by seth, it goes to show how off you can be when you reject the bible's account...

Jesus didn't defy the roman empire, he defied the Jewish stranglehold on the Judaic tradition. He was crucified as an outlaw though he never defied the state, that's because he was crucified for reason of Jewish persecution, not roman hostility...

When a scholar of two decades can't appreciate that subtle difference, you know the world is going to shit.

Having not read Dr. Aslan's account, I would suggest that it is in the interests of the Bible Writers to present an account that painted the Jewish establishment in something of a bad light as Christianity was the new claimant to the Abrahamic tradition, and at the same time to at least paint a neutral picture of the Romans (lest the Empire drop the hammer on the religion in its infancy, and so that Roman citizens would be less inclined to reject the Christian message for patriotic reasons).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

LemonSlice said:

Except now NintendoPie will tell us we all fell for his trap.

Leave Pie alone, mista.