By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Muslim writes about Jesus - Is This The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done?

It's a free country - believe in whatever you want. I wasn't trying to be offensive in case you got that attitude from me.

Around the Network

There are three possibilities, muslims believe in made up non-sense, christians believe in made up non-sense or they both believe in made up non-sense.

Runa216 said:

You scare me.  The above response is 100% the kind of tricky, slippery, slimy, backwards, do-anything-to-contort-the-world-to-prove-a-point mentality is about 75% of the reason I'm so aggressively outspoken about religion being taught and perpetuated in modern civilization.  It's an affront to progress both intellectually and sociologically.  The other 25% goes out to the terrorists and extremists that perpetuate the "Science raises buildings, Religion brings them down" mentality that I've been harbouring for years.  

I reported you. My post has nothing slippery nor slimy, is not backwards, nor am I blurring any lines to prove a point. I'm neither affronting progress intellectually nor sociologically. I'm not not even 25% similar to terrorist or extremist thinking. You have an issue, you need to deal with it. I'm dead serious.

Figgycal said:

It's a free country - believe in whatever you want. I wasn't trying to be offensive in case you got that attitude from me.

I didn't at all. You are fine.

happydolphin said:
Runa216 said:

You scare me.  The above response is 100% the kind of tricky, slippery, slimy, backwards, do-anything-to-contort-the-world-to-prove-a-point mentality is about 75% of the reason I'm so aggressively outspoken about religion being taught and perpetuated in modern civilization.  It's an affront to progress both intellectually and sociologically.  The other 25% goes out to the terrorists and extremists that perpetuate the "Science raises buildings, Religion brings them down" mentality that I've been harbouring for years.  

I reported you. My post has nothing slippery nor slimy, is not backwards, nor am I blurring any lines to prove a point. I'm neither affronting progress intellectually nor sociologically. I'm not not even 25% similar to terrorist or extremist thinking. You have an issue, you need to deal with it. I'm dead serious.

Why you gotta report people :'(

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
ultima said:

Answer honestly: have you actually read the bible? The amount of contradiction within it is staggering. Not to mention the contradictions of the bible with reality and history.

I have read nearly the whole thing bar a prophetic book or two and I believe Numbers. I have also read some aprocryphal text.

No, so far I have found the gospels do not contradict each other and when contradiction points are shown they are always highly debatable, for instance the genealogy of Jesus.

For such ancient texts, they hold up exceedingly well. I challenge you to find any other historical books that so strongly agree, being possibly without contradiction.

Good luck, get back to me when you find it.

@Addiekienen. No.

What's so debatable about the genealogy of Jesus? Matthew and Luke give two different family trees for Joseph.

It doesn't matter if it holds up relatively well. The fact is, the manuscripts compiled into the canon had to be cherry picked; the books you find to "strongly agree" are contradictory with many other manuscripts not included in the bible (not to mention contradictory with each other). Even with all the cherry picking, the bible includes a lot of contradiction.

happydolphin said:
Runa216 said:

Go ahead, I don't give a shit if you report me for calling you out for your ignorant, backwards way of thinking.  Progress has no feelings.  Science isn't emotional.  It's all about the cold hard facts, and sometimes you're just wrong whether you accept ir or not, regardless of your 'religious freedumbs' 

This post has been moderated by Axumblade

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Aielyn said:
Why would an atheist write about the bible? :P

Because, in that case, most Atheists I know were born and raised christian or jewish, and left that archaic thought process behind when they learned real critical thinking.

I know that's how it happened to me.

*nudge* notice the smiley?

DaRev said:
ultima said:
mrstickball said:
Adinnieken said:
Mr Khan said:
happydolphin said:

The new testament is a very small, cherry picked subset of the said manuscripts. Even still, there is a vast amount of contadiction in the new testament. The bible, new or old testament, is not an accurate account of history.

(At bold) That does not have to be true. A christian outright rejects the notion of Mohammed being a prophet, whereas muslims say that Jesus was a prophet.

@ bold: Like what? Give some examples,...please.

Like the genealogy of Joseph, early life of Jesus, end of Judas. There are more, these are all I can remember off the top of my head.

And I gotta love the story about Jesus and the fig tree. Jesus apparently destroyed a fig tree because it had no figs, despite the fact that it wasn't the season for the tree to have figs. This story is recounted in (at least) two places in the bible. And I remember there being some kind of contradiction between these two stories. This story just makes me laugh.

DaRev said:
happydolphin said:
ultima said:

Answer honestly: have you actually read the bible? The amount of contradiction within it is staggering. Not to mention the contradictions of the bible with reality and history.

I have read nearly the whole thing bar a prophetic book or two and I believe Numbers. I have also read some aprocryphal text.

No, so far I have found the gospels do not contradict each other and when contradiction points are shown they are always highly debatable, for instance the genealogy of Jesus.

For such ancient texts, they hold up exceedingly well. I challenge you to find any other historical books that so strongly agree, being possibly without contradiction.

Good luck, get back to me when you find it.

@Addiekienen. No.

I'm still waiting for one these dudes on here claiming there is contradiction in the NT to post some actual examples. But there have been no takers so far. This just leads me to believe that they're just talking out their butholes and don't know shit about the Bible, other than someone else's bullshit they have read somewhere.

Simple fact is this all you jokers reading this, there is NO, NONE, and i'll say it again NO significant contradiction in the NT - so good luck finding one. Better stick to the topic at hand which is the Fox interview and stop wasting everyone's time talking about contradictions.

Easy on the trigger, bud. You gotta understand that people don't spend their entire free time on VGChartz, as enjoyable as that sounds. Besides, Runa216 posted a few links before this comment of yours.