By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which 8th gen home console will sell the most in 2014?

which will sell the most in 2014?

Wii U 356 33.87%

Playstation 4 608 57.85%

Xbox One 85 8.09%

Total:1,049
the2real4mafol said:
PS4 should just edge out the Wii U.

PS4- 10 million
Wii U- 9.5 million
Xbox One- 7 million

But if Nintendo play smart with Wii U, give a price cut and ensure it gets 3rd party parity with the other 2 systems it should do better than PS4 but it's hard to say. Announcements at Gamescom and TGS could make it a bit easier to predict

hard to say? really?

Around the Network

I think WiiU.

Mostly for the reason it'll be it's second year, while it'll only be the PS4's first. First years are usually, if you aren't a Wii, not very impressive. I used to say the 'Nextbox' would win the coming generation, but after all the screw-ups I don't think XBox One stands a real chance anymore.

It is really hard with the position of the industry as a whole to see a company that has a blow out product. I think many consumers are going to always be price conscious. I think that The Wii and PS4 will always be neck and neck. The Xbox one won't be too far behind. Something else to think about with this generation is the fact that the 2 biggest systems are launching at the same time. 

"I support the industry that's why I rock with all of the Big 3!"

Probably the Wii U. The PS4 and Xbox One will struggle post launch, just like every other 8th generation console has.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Wow, people are really for the Wii U turn around?
I guess the few games that are coming out will turn it around, but then again the Gamecube didn't exactly fly off shelves with all the big titles it had.

I think it will be PS4>XB1>>>Wii U

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
I guess the few games that are coming out will turn it around, but then again the Gamecube didn't exactly fly off shelves with all the big titles it had.

haven't you guys learned the lesson from the 3DS?

MohammadBadir said:
MonstaMack said:

haven't you guys learned the lesson from the 3DS?

3DS had a MASSIVE price drop *AND* tons of games down the pipeline coming out. from $250 to $170 was HUGE for a handheld drop. I also got mine during the holidays when buy.com had a promotion for $130.

For the Wii U to have the same success they would have to drop the deluxe to $250 by the end of next year.

Just my feelings of course.

It's just that simple.

zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The way the media and internet are responding, its definitely the PS4. Based on hype that is pretty much the console to beat and it hasnt even come out yet.

i didnt ask what media and internet think lol im asking what u think

PS4. When Sony comes out on time with a good product they are very, very hard to beat. History has proven this numerous times.

Zero999 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The way the media and internet are responding, its definitely the PS4. Based on hype that is pretty much the console to beat and it hasnt even come out yet.

If that meant anything, vita would be king right now.

No, that actually it does. The Vita hype was not that great. The PS4 is what everyones looking at. Right now its looking like PS4> Xbone> Wii U this holiday season and next year same deal.

Flanneryaug said:
Probably the Wii U. The PS4 and Xbox One will struggle post launch, just like every other 8th generation console has.

No...they wont struggle like Nintendo has. Nintendo had content and marketing issues post launch. If it wasnt the Wii they didnt care.