By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does it make sense to call the WiiU a failure at this point in time?

Does it make any sense?

Yes 145 33.11%

No 291 66.44%

Total:436
BloodyRain said:

I never said that it was a failure in concept.

No but you certainly asked the question. Why would you ask a question about something non-sensical?

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
BloodyRain said:

No but you certainly asked the question. Why would you ask a question about something non-sensical?

I don't see how it was non-sensical. The thread was if the wii u was a failure in concept or execution. I gave the choices of neither also so that could have been argued in the thread which it was by some. I don't see why you are so angry at the thread.

BloodyRain said:
happydolphin said:
BloodyRain said:

I don't see how it was non-sensical. The thread was if the wii u was a failure in concept or execution. I gave the choices of neither also so that could have been argued in the thread which it was by some. I don't see why you are so angry at the thread.

so people get so emotionally invested they cant help but to get angry

BloodyRain said:

In OP, you placed two gifs of dudes faceplanting. You then give an either-or on failure of execution or concept, meaning that it can only be an over-all failure (concept is over-all). I understand that good debate can come out of it, but the question wasn't well asked.

I have to admit people are human and that happens. I just wish questions asked would be less possibly interpreted as trolling.

Anyway, this thread addresses that ambiguity so it's really no biggie. I just want people to be and post smarter. If I'm too harsh then I'll tone it down.

happydolphin said:
BloodyRain said:

In OP, you placed two gifs of dudes faceplanting. You then give an either-or on failure of execution or concept, meaning that it can only be an over-all failure (concept is over-all). I understand that good debate can come out of it, but the question wasn't well asked.

I have to admit people are human and that happens. I just wish questions asked would be less possibly interpreted as trolling.

Anyway, this thread addresses that ambiguity so it's really no biggie. I just want people to be and post smarter. If I'm too harsh then I'll tone it down.

The gifs were just some I used to make the op look nice. You shouldn't read too much into them. I made the thread on a whim really since I was bored.  It prob could have been more well thought out so I apologize if it offended you.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Mythmaker1 said:
S.Peelman said:

A 'failure' implies that it is, so to say, a done deal. It a final state, there's no coming back and it will be recorded in history as... well, having failed.

It sounds a lot like you're pullng these definitions out of thin air. Your argument is qualified by distinctions that don't exist, or at least aren't broadly recognized.

I'm not though. And they do.

That's hardly a rebuttal. Would you care to explain?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

kowenicki said:
Too early. But we will know by Spring 2014.

I'd wait for Spring 2015, instead. Next Xmas PS4 and XBOne will be the two new hot things, they could sell out then and enjoy decent short term legs before reaching saturation for their launch price, and outselling Wii U in that period wouldn't mean the latter's failure. But when Xmas 2014 comes, none of the three will be the latest novelty anymore, and in the period from BF 2014 and Spring 2015 Wii U will have to show decent sales to not be considered a failure.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BloodyRain said:

The gifs were just some I used to make the op look nice. You shouldn't read too much into them. I made the thread on a whim really since I was bored.  It prob could have been more well thought out so I apologize if it offended you.

It's okay bud, you're okay. I like you, I like your style, and really I was upset at Kantor and his defenders more than anything.

Shouldn't Nintendo be able to sell them at a profit soon? Or will they lose that with the expected price cut.

I think it's too soon to call it a failure. The only reason people would think that, is because of the runaway hit that the Wii was.

It will be fine, probably not amazing numbers, but fine.

Think they will be first with 9th gen, in say 3 years depending on how they are doing. And how they think they can do against their competitors.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

happydolphin said:

Two of my threads got locked which reacted to the question as to whether or not the WiiU a failure at this point in time.

With the U out for 10 months and the competition not having rolled in, does it make any sense to call the U a failure?

Oh my, ruthless mods turned a happy dolphin into a sad panda!     

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!