By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft sets up three 4K PC monitors for 1,492,992,000 pixels of gaming

Can you use separate user accounts? 1 for general use with standard monitor use and one for gaming with all monitors in use?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
disolitude said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

It worked. I can play on three screens now. But I want to use them as one screen only when I play the games. Now, the computer act as I only have one screen.

Can I work on my computer as before but still can play on the three screens?

I hope you understood what I said. 

No unfortunately... I know it sucks.

Best you can do is enable/disable eyefinity/surround as you want to game or work. This is why a 4th screen comes in handy. Most Nvidia current gen cards suport 3 + 1 when it comes to monitors, as do AMD ones.

Best way to switch between eyefinity and other desktop modes is to create a keyboard shortcut to switch between them, I'm not sure on the process to do it with nVidia drivers though.

Viper1 said:

Just be careful when buying a PSU.  While most Corsair's are great, Corsair doesn't actually make them themselves.   An OEM does.  Many models are made by SeaSonic.   THIS is who you want your PSU to come from.  I prefer SeaSonic's actual PSU's over those they OEM for others but they are all still top quality.

And if they really powered those cards on a 750 watt PSU (regardless of brand), someone should be getting fired right now.

Funnily enough, whilst you praise Seasonic (And rightfully so!) Corsair doesn't actually exclusively use Seasonic designs, their Highest-end PSU is Flextronics with the rest of their line-up being a mix of CWT and Seasonic, but just because it's not Seasonic, doesn't magically make them worst.

Essentially, you get what you pay for and the heavier a PSU, generally the higher quality it is!

disolitude said:

To add a different perspective here is a story...

I ran GTX 580 SLI, true watercooling, I7 950...everything overcloicked using a 1000 Watt Topower PSU (no name). It ran kickass for me the entire time I had it and is probably still running (I sold it).

Afterwards I ran GTX 670 SLI and a 3570k using an Antec High Current 900W PSU (brand name) which died.

My conclusion: do research, read reviews and buy the best reviewed prodct for best price.

If you are going to buy an Antec PSU, the Antec Neo Eco's are where it's at. :)
Basically use JohnnyGuru, he will let you know what's good and what's crap.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

No one will give a shit for atleast 10 years... unless you are one oft he people who get the new Iphone day 1

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Ok, since I have to many hobby's in my life, I'm going to need all you to send me a hundred each. I need 16,000 all together, so lets get this rolling. Hurry up.