By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom games sales, forecast and performance

It is nice to see a great developer selling well

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Goo. This means that RE:UC, is now a million seller, cause I have no doubt in my mind that in January that they've at least shipped 50,000 more haha.

And Zack and Wiki is a total surprise. 300k shipped without Europe. May even get up to half a million shipped. Good job Wii gamers.

thats great news RE:UC should be a million seller soon

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Zack & Wiki: 300k shipped. Nice. And that doesn't even count Europe! Sequel confirmed.

RE: UC predictions were utterly destroyed. I wonder if they'll make more light-gun shooters.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Wow. Zack and Wiki, the poster child of poor Wii sales, was actually a hit.

It debuted well in Europe, and should pass 500K copies this quarter. And then it will also have a long tail. And, assuming it has a sequel, it will get a bump from that. I expect an eventual 750K.

All this from a barely advertised, poorly branded game from a dead genre. Wii is doomed by teh third parties support!

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Looks like we are going to have to make a new Crow eating thread Erik.....nevermind. Crows are extinct thanks to all of us thinking Sega was off there rocker with the Mario & Sonic at Olympic games sales numbers.

Z&W sequel, PLEEEEEEEEEASE. They could rehash the game with new puzzles (sort of Phoenix Wright style) and it would do as well or better. RENAME THAT SHIT PLEASE.

If Capcom likes success, I think they'll continue more Wii-exclusive stuff. I've got to believe more Wii RE will accompany RE5's release.

I'm pretty impressed with the performance of the Z&W and RE:UC. Hoepfully, with the excellent performance of RE:4 on the Wii, we'll see continued support by Capcom for the Wii.

Here's hoping to RE:5 and Bionic Commando for the Wii! :)  Or at least a Z&W 2!

I would actually like to see Capcom up support for the Nintendo Wii. I believe the Wii is great platform for Capcom's games, even better than the HD consoles.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Wow, Zack&Wiki definitely did better than everyone thought it would initially. And that's without the European numbers. This can actually make 500k WW...which is awesome for such a niche new IP game.

To put it into perspective, according to this site: Lair is at 290k WW, and Heavenly Sword is at 780k WW. And the budget for Z&W must've been peanuts in comparison.