By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom games sales, forecast and performance

Just_Ben said:
*~Onna76~* said:
What?? Zack & Wiki already 300.000?? I'm very pleased and happy for them! Sequel for sure

Oh, nice to see you alive and kikking :o)

Yeah slightly coming back. Have been sick for a while (thanks to migraines), still have if I don't watch out, had non pleasant things going on in my private life and to be honest... was kind of fed up with around here due to certain reasons.

Ontopic, I'm so pleased to see Zack & Wiki doing well. I'm getting my US version in soon, since I'm exchanging my JP games and can't wait for a second release. Then there's Okami soon... also a Capcom release, Ready At Dawn production, but Capcom publishment. Hope it will do very well and if it has 480p and widescreen support I'll buy it!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

So i guess people can't call zak and wiki a financial flop. Glad to see that!

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

300k shipped, 220K sold, with 80,000 Z&W in the shelf.

it's hardly "sold out everywhere", is it?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

funny thing about Z&W NA is that ioi had it higher but he adjusted it down about 70k for ndp, he was actually much closer.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

kingofwale said:

I didn't see a sellthrough figure? I might have overlooked it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
XiaoMay said:
BengaBenga said:
Retail of course, but that doesn't matter, because that is where Capcom earns its money.

RE:UC already 50% higher then estimated.
300k for Z&W is quite ok, seeing they estimated RE:UC at double that. Will be at 500k end of year.

Don't forget one thing :

Zack & Wiki is seing a HUGE sucess in Europe, and we only got it at the end of january !!!

Expect double from USA

I wouldn't call it a HUGE succes. It's definitely selling better here than in the US. I would say it's selling ok. Definitely above Capcom's expectations.

I bought it last week and it deserves better sales though. Absolutely must have for Wii-owners. The problem is you can't really describe what makes it so cool.

I think trollofwales is still pissed off because people couldn't find it in stores and he can't accept that reality.

Somehow, I don't think 300k sold to retail is going to make the trolls that use Z&W as the poster child for Wii 3rd party sales shut up. I'ts probably going to have to sell a little over 3 million for them to STFU, but by then they'll just have a new argument against it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@BengaBenga: I believe it's called "the experience". Looking from an outsiders view at the game while it's being played the game looks very much like a cartoon which is fun to watch. While playing the game you experience the cartoonish world in a different way, you want to experience what happens to this character you are controlling. It's like an interactive Saturday morning cartoon. Something that's a time waster and was enjoyable but you can't quite put your finger on why it was. It's the same feeling you get from watching a silly episode of whatever cartoon is on.

Which is a good thing because it makes the game feel very enjoyable. ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Back on topic... it's sad to see Wii love golf sold so poorly. This was a game that had success written all over it (much greater then Zack and Wiki) and it bombed in Japan. Sad... I hope they at least revisit the game and add online play for the North American and European release for the game.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

kingofwale said:

You do realize this is ending Dec 31st right?

It has sold about 20k in NA since then and 70k in Others, it total should be at or above 300k right now.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut