By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does being single for a long time make you think theres something wrong with you?

well do you?

yeah man. 32 53.33%

nope the ladies love me 20 33.33%

nope the guys love me 8 13.33%

Total:60

nope nothing wrong with you. I've had dozens girls pursue me - yet i declined them all. I refuse to get a girlfriend for the sake of having one. Call me old fashion

Around the Network

I do the single dance proudly. Thouht i do have a few virls know my interest in them, i can't say i'm ampt to pursue a realtionship. I told when if god leads us to eachother , then it shall be(after being interested in her for 9 yr's seeing her go through fail relationahips and marriage.

She's been my best friend for all those 9 yr's, she just makes bad choices with men.

I told the other girl i'd marry her in 5 yr's.

I do the single dance proudly. Thouht i do have a few virls know my interest in them, i can't say i'm ampt to pursue a realtionship. I told when if god leads us to eachother , then it shall be(after being interested in her for 9 yr's seeing her go through fail relationahips and marriage.

She's been my best friend for all those 9 yr's, she just makes bad choices with men.

I told the other girl i'd marry her in 5 yr's.

Weedlab said:
Augen said:
Here's my advice, learn to be comfortable alone so you don't feel compelled to be with someone. I see people who "have" to be in a relationship and it leads to them being miserable often. If you are content being alone you can walk away from bad relationships and a good relationship feels like a great addition.

Honestly years ago I gave up on dating and spent a year or so single and I swear it was when I stopped forcing it or trying that I found "the one" and have been so happy since.

Gooch .... this here is quality advice from Sir Augen. Listen well. I could not agree more with his sentiments, especially the first part. You don't want to fall in that trap.

yeah, that's true.

No I just let things play out.

Around the Network

I had a few girlfriends throughout college, all seemed to be like 3 month relationships, and I'd go out with other girls here and there between relationships or just stay single. After college, I decided to just stay single and not even try. I'd go on dates here and there, but mostly I was completely uncommitted. 2 years after college while doing this, I met my wife. We've been married 3 years.

Though I wish I was single more through college, I don't regret anything. That being said, it's when you're not looking for anything that you're mostly yourself. You're not trying too hard or going out of your way to impress. It's during this time that if someone is really into you and you're into them that it's more likely to be something worth pursuing.

Bottom line, don't force it and just be yourself.

When you're young, get it all out of your system so you have no regrets when you settle down. Always go for the girl you're after, even if you don't think you have a chance. Worst that could happen is you get rejected, and then at least you know.

If some of you guys are really serious about getting a girl or being good with girls and are willing to commit and put the effort in then read a book written by neil strauss called "The game" and then read "the mystery method" by mystery. If you don't care about how you act around women or getting the girl then disregard my post. I haven't posted on the forums for a long time but I felt compelled to write this post. I casually follow vgchartz but not nearly as much as I used to

riderz13371 said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Just start working out, and looking good, and be a jerk. I'm being serious. It's very unlikely that a guy who looks like a gamer will get a 10/10 girl (contrary to what those "gamergirl" comics say otherwise).

That will get you a girl that you just "hit and run", not the type of person you want to start a family with lol.

You'd think so but it's always the jerks that the women stay with, not the nice guys.

I used to be in the OP's position - I was a "weird guy," but cool to hang out with. No relationships for me though. I had enough, and started to workout (even went on the paleo diet) and became more of a jerk... and guess what? I got more female attention than ever before.

This is biological. Girls want the alpha male because he can "protect them" (back in the ancient days, protect them from other tribesmen, animals, etc. etc.). A pale guy who plays video games and is awkward around women won't "protect them" (unless they can protect them with tons of trash).

Now of course, there are some women that do go for those guys - but if you want a hot, sexy, girl, then it's much, much harder.

Nope, just that I have uber high standards, and rightfully so! Being single shouldn't make you or anyone feel like there's something wrong with themselves. Afterall, having a girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife/etc. wont change who you are, good or bad.

Um... no. Why would I think there's something wrong with me? There's nothing wrong with anyone if they don't have a girlfriend. Sometimes it's better because you can flirt with whoever you want without backlash.