By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Would You Rather Talk To Your TV Or Press A Button?

Which do you prefer?

Press a button 283 86.54%

Say a phrase 44 13.46%

Total:327

Why cant one perfer both? If one has to pick then yes buttons will be picked the most as they are more reliable and were used to them. But if you combine the two it could make for better and convenient experience

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
smroadkill15 said:

If you watched this video it shows all those things working as one, even with more than one person in the room, to be exact 6 people. You also have to remember during this video it was in alpha stage, so the final version will be even better. 

I'm not sure what you have against voice commands. If you don't want to use them fine, use a controller. There will be instances were a controller will be more convenient, but other times it wont be. Several others and I already gave good examples of how voice commands would be better and faster than buttons, but you and several others seem to ignore those statements when a solid point is given.  

I'm not sure what the bolded has to do with this thread. Just seems like something you threw in to take a jab at MS. If you haven't notice, since the 360 Slim the failure rate has gone down significantly. 

I don't have anything against voice commands, but I just want it to be implemented properly.  My cousin has the first kinect and I have used it a few times and the voice command on that can be pretty touch and go.  We did have to repeat ourselves several times.  I do feel a lot better about Kinect 2 after seeing that, even though I still wish it was't required to run the console. 

If you want to get Kinect 1 to hear you better, you should go back to the audio setup, make sure you have a decent amount of noice playing in the background.  This will train the device to filter out mor sound and basically here you better when you have a movie or background noise going on.  When I did this, I never have to raise my voice above my regular speaking tone to get it to hear me.

This isn't even a question. And anyone who says they'd rather talk to their TV is lying.

Azerth said:
Why cant one perfer both? If one has to pick then yes buttons will be picked the most as they are more reliable and were used to them. But if you combine the two it could make for better and convenient experience

I think you need to look up the definition of prefer...You can like both of them, but you prefer one over the other.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheSting said:
Your thread doesn't have that third option which is both. Most ppl stick with what they are used to no matter what. I didn't vote but I would if I could vote both.

The question asks which do you prefer...

Ok

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Azerth said:

I think you need to look up the definition of prefer...You can like both of them, but you prefer one over the other.

yeah i perfer to have both aviable rather then have none

You need a button to turn on the TV anyways.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Button.

But why is this in the MS thread, when Samsung already have voice / gesture control of TV on some of its product lines?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

deskpro2k3 said:
You need a button to turn on the TV anyways.

true but you could get your game up and running while you make a sandwhich or get a drink and then turn on the tv

Azerth said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Azerth said:

yeah i perfer to have both aviable rather then have none

I never would have thought you would want everything over nothing.  I thought for sure you would have gone with nothing.