By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii U a failure in concept or execution?

So?

Concept 75 11.92%

Execution 199 31.64%

Both 187 29.73%

Neither 167 26.55%

Total:628
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

cause you know that and played them for a fact? Please Infamous already looks beyond the capabilities of any console on the market now, including Wii U

Cause you know that and played it for a fact? ;)

Nintyland? i sure did. Infamous the screenshots already look better i dont need to play it to see how much better it looks. Maybe you need to check your eyes.

you know I meant infamous. and I don't need to play nintendoland, a mere youtube video already show the great lightning, poly models, textures, no jaggies and smoothness of the game. something that wouldn't happen on ps360.

what I see here is so much fear and hate mixed together that causes people to refuse admiting a 8th console to be more powerfull than their old 7th gen choice.

ill give you it might not look as good, ill give you that. but to say that PS360 cant run it at all is flat out wrong. Hell i remember some were sayng the same about Rayman Legends and look what happened there.

No one is hating or fearful, what is their to be afraid of, i never said it wasnt more powerful, my argument is that you either are over estimating its power or you are underestimating the PS360, but hell you probably overestimated Wii's power as well.

bolded: this is gonna be good. WHEN DID I SAY THAT? OF COURSE IT CAN "RUN" ON PS360, BUT JUST LIKE PS4/XONE TITLES, DOWNGRADES. WOULD BE NEEDED TO RUN ON PS360.

I have seen the wii's specs, wich are basically an overclocked gamecube. there's no discussion to what it could do. but now we have the wii u wich is quite superior than ps360 in every sence of the word yet a lot of idiots can't admit it's stronger than their 7/8 year old console.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

cause you know that and played them for a fact? Please Infamous already looks beyond the capabilities of any console on the market now, including Wii U

Cause you know that and played it for a fact? ;)

Nintyland? i sure did. Infamous the screenshots already look better i dont need to play it to see how much better it looks. Maybe you need to check your eyes.

you know I meant infamous. and I don't need to play nintendoland, a mere youtube video already show the great lightning, poly models, textures, no jaggies and smoothness of the game. something that wouldn't happen on ps360.

what I see here is so much fear and hate mixed together that causes people to refuse admiting a 8th console to be more powerfull than their old 7th gen choice.

ill give you it might not look as good, ill give you that. but to say that PS360 cant run it at all is flat out wrong. Hell i remember some were sayng the same about Rayman Legends and look what happened there.

No one is hating or fearful, what is their to be afraid of, i never said it wasnt more powerful, my argument is that you either are over estimating its power or you are underestimating the PS360, but hell you probably overestimated Wii's power as well.

bolded: this is gonna be good. WHEN DID I SAY THAT? OF COURSE IT CAN "RUN" ON PS360, BUT JUST LIKE PS4/XONE TITLES, DOWNGRADES. WOULD BE NEEDED TO RUN ON PS360.

I have seen the wii's specs, wich are basically an overclocked gamecube. there's no discussion to what it could do. but now we have the wii u wich is quite superior than ps360 in every sence of the word yet a lot of idiots can't admit it's stronger than their 7/8 year old console.

then we are back to you dodging my intial quiry, name me some WIi U games that are out now that CANT run on PS360, i mean at all. ill wait.

Who are these people? I dont think anyone was saying it wasnt more powerful at least not here.

Mostly execution.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Aquietguy said:
darkknightkryta said:
Aquietguy said:

There's a big difference in having to constantly pause and just simply glancing down. Plus navigating menus is faster with a pad. You touch the screen where you need to rather than having move a curser with an analog to get there. So with the pad you glance down, touch what you need to, then glance back at the screen. What a controller you have to pause, navigate the cursor which is not nearly as fast as just touching, then unpause. And you say the pad is worse. 

There is, pausing is faster. 

I already mentioned touch/stylist based control is good, I also said this was utilized by the Wii-mote, the pad isn't necessary.

When did the Wii mote have a touch screen? I laid out the basics between the two and clearly the pad is faster. There's more to it than just pressing pause but if you think pausing is faster then that's on you. The person using the pad has to be really slow or new to the pad to be slower.

The Wii-mote was created to mimick the stylist in the DS.  The stylist was used as "touch" since the DS and 3DS have a resistive screen, is small, and your finger is less percise in those situations.  The WIi-mote gives you a similar "touch" styled usage without having to actually touch which is why I said the pad isn't necessary because the Wii-mote gives you a similar experience (Not as good but the pad as it's been used isn't any better).  

So let me get this straight with your second point.  You're using the pad blindly and not looking at it?  Or you just assume menu screens take forever to load?  Cause I don't see how having to look up and down is a better experience than just looking straight and pointing with the Wii-mote.

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

then we are back to you dodging my intial quiry, name me some WIi U games that are out now that CANT run on PS360, i mean at all. ill wait.

Who are these people? I dont think anyone was saying it wasnt more powerful at least not here.

no game  from wii u/ps4/xone can't run on ps360 but downgrades are obviously needed.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

no game  from wii u/ps4/xone can't run on ps360 but downgrades are obviously needed.

until when though, how much downgrade does a game need before it isnt even the same game anymore? Infamous for PS4 could be downgraded, hell they could just run it on the engine they used for the PS3 ones, but it wont be the same game. IT comes a point where a game just cant be downgraded or else it wont be the same product anymore. IE Force Unleashed PS360 vs. Wii/PS2. 

I say execution. With the Gamepad and asymmetric gameplay they're the only ones trying to innovate, again. And they can, I'm sure of that. But the planning for the first year on the market was horrible. If NES veterans like me are hesitant (even though we know we'll eventually buy a Wii U), you know they messed up. There's just NOTHING so far, no games. Yeah NSMBU nice, but later.

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

until when though, how much downgrade does a game need before it isnt even the same game anymore? Infamous for PS4 could be downgraded, hell they could just run it on the engine they used for the PS3 ones, but it wont be the same game. IT comes a point where a game just cant be downgraded or else it wont be the same product anymore. IE Force Unleashed PS360 vs. Wii/PS2. 

infamous (or any other ps4/xone) title doesn't show anything that can't be done gameplay wise on ps360. the only difference is graphics and even then it's not that much.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

infamous (or any other ps4/xone) title doesn't show anything that can't be done gameplay wise on ps360. the only difference is graphics and even then it's not that much.

if you say so, the engine they are using isnt even compatible with PS360, not scalable or nothing, so i dont know what youre talking about.

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

if you say so, the engine they are using isnt even compatible with PS360, not scalable or nothing, so i dont know what youre talking about.

I'm saying the infamous gameplay showed nothing that can't be done on a ps3. the AI and physics were no different and the only difference were graphics.