By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Chartz - Week Ending 20 July 2013 (Naughty Dog takes the No1 for a 6th consecutive week)

Carl2291 said:
A Wii U game, people. There is life!

I noted that too

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Carl2291 said:
A Wii U game, people. There is life!

I noted that too

I wonder if it had anything to do with the Tour De France. It's been pretty big over here again this past week, pulling in viewing figures over a million each day. There's about 8 hours of it on a day, and each ad break has 2 Wii U ads. It could explain a slight bump, because I can't recall seeing any offers.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Also, I don't see a way TLoU can make it to next week with Pikmin 3 coming out this week. Though it's been a pretty impressive run.

If we use VGC numbers...

July 6th: 23,994
July 13th: 13,677 (-43%)
July 20th: 10,668 (-22%)

I'm sure with 10k Pikmin 3 destrone TLoU.

ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
Also, I don't see a way TLoU can make it to next week with Pikmin 3 coming out this week. Though it's been a pretty impressive run.

If we use VGC numbers...

Exactly. It's been riding high on Amazon for a while now, as has the Wii U (best placed console aside from PS4), though I don't take anything from those figures.

But all we need to think is that Lego City opened up to around 10k, and surely Pikmin will open higher. It's been a good, and well deserved, run though. A great game.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kowenicki said:

No1 with 10k sales..? Jesus, software sales are worse than I thought at the moment.

If we use VGC data but I can say that in June PS3 was high undertracked in UK... so TLoU can be under too... in US at least they updated the number for TLoU this week.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:

If we use VGC numbers...

No1 with 10k sales..? Jesus, software sales are worse than I thought at the moment.

It's summer holiday period, I thought numbers like these would be expected.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I can't hold anymore without nobody noted.

34. GRAN TURISMO 5

It is back baby.

kowenicki said:

Like is said I cant believe how low sales are at the moment, thats a cuple fo hundfed sales right there.

6 weeks is a fine achievement.  But those 6 weeks = 300k in sales.  The COD six weeks is 2.7m in sales.

You simply cant just ignore that.

Nobody expected TLoU to track like CoD or FIFA in UK... 300k in six weeks is better than 99% of the games releases and an accomplishment for a new IP in a single plataform.

ethomaz said:

Nobody expected TLoU to track like CoD or FIFA in UK... 300k in six weeks is better than 99% of the games releases and an accomplishment for a new IP in a single plataform.

Agree.

I have lost count on what number Call of Duty they are on now... I would guess like 8th or 9th. TLOU is a new IP, and is doing incredibly well as such.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

A vita AND a wii u game in top 40!