By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Chartz - Week Ending 20 July 2013 (Naughty Dog takes the No1 for a 6th consecutive week)

Carl2291 said:
theprof00 said:

After looking up some of the bigger titles to be released over the past two years in UK, I've noticed that TLoU actually has really good legs in comparison to most games. What I'll be looking for in the fall is a continuation of that. Hopefully this manages to pick up quite a few more sales in the holiday season. The holidays are a huge boon to those weekly sales indexes. For example, Halo 4 didn't hit 10k until the first week after Christmas, though it was trending roughly 1.8 times what TLoU was doing.

Maybe we can see this game crack 600k in the UK.

Its worth noting that The Last of Us has been in relatively low stock (anecdotal, I admit), and it is yet to recieve a pricecut.

Im really not sure how it will do in the holidays, with the next gen consoles launching and competition from Call of Duty, Battlefield, GTA and Gran Turismo.

I still think it will do really well. I don't think the TLoU crowd sells to the CoD or BF crowd anyway, though it might see competition from GTA seeing as how both have similar storytelling narratives. PS3 will stil be a huge seller this holiday, new consoles or not. Hopefully, we'll see a TLoU bundle out in November as well.

Do you remember that sign in TLoU? It was in colorado or philly, it said "mandatory evacuation 11/7/13". Could be a hint at something for the game. DLC, Bundle, ps4 version, sequel announcement (not with joel or ellie hopefully), etc.

Around the Network

Congratulations to Naughty Dog & Sony, but...

Nah, just kidding. There's always a million reasons to downplay something (and they've all been covered these past few weeks extensively), but sometimes a simple congrats is enough.

In other news, I seem to be seeing both Wii-U and Vita titles in the top 40. Blimey.

Kresnik said:
Congratulations to Naughty Dog & Sony, but...

Nah, just kidding. There's always a million reasons to downplay something (and they've all been covered these past few weeks extensively), but sometimes a simple congrats is enough.

In other news, I seem to be seeing both Wii-U and Vita titles in the top 40. Blimey.

Guess we have Andy Murray to thank for that.

naruball said:

Guess we have Andy Murray to thank for that.

Haha, yeah, I guess.  I think the fact that it's £5 literally everywhere I look helps matters too :)

I'm still kind of puzzled as to why so many publishers decide to wedge their games in during the holidays when the summer often offers little competition. It's not like people stop playing games just because it's hot.

In fact, when I ran a rental store, the middle of the summer was pretty good for business. Spring was completely dead but once it really started getting hot, people would stay inside more and more. I know that logic doesn't apply everywhere but I think TLoU and Animal Crossing both prove that people haven't discarded their consoles.