By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Superman/Batman Movie CONFIRMED BY ZACK SNYDER!

PDF said:
DanneSandin said:

When translating comics to movies you have to adept the source material, which they did in places of MoS - but they failed in other places. They adapted the origins of Superman, and the destruction of Krypton, but they neglected to adept all the fighting. And that's one of my points; they failed to adapt certain crucial points of the story in the transition to a more realistic take of Superman. And you're right about the Avengers Universe being far more cartoony - but they're consistently so. They've managed to build something realistic withing the parameters of their universe, and that's why those movies work so well. As has TDK trilogy; those movies were very consistent, whereas MoS weren't. They tried to go for a more realistic approach but mixed it up with cartoonish violence. That's a pretty bad mix.

And you bring up another worrying point; will this Batman be from TDK Universe? Because that universe does NOT mix well with the one established in MoS. Realism vs Realistic Cartoons sort of... So they either have to come up with a brand new Batman, ignoring the WHOLE of TDK, and that means a new back ground story and introduction, which means it'll be more of a Batman movie than anything else... All I see is impending failure.

They have already stated that MoS and TDK are two different universes. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/new-batman-in-justice-league-movie-says-david-s-goyer

Batman/Superman movie need to to is to stay consistant with the Universe MoS made not the Nolan Batman universe.   I am super hyped for this movie and I am a little worried not because of getting the Superheroes right but I am afraid they wont make a great movie.   To me MoS was a great Superman movie but not a great movie overall.  Thats why TDK is so amazing, not because its a great Batman movie but its just a great movie on its own.

Yeah I hope they don't mess it up...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:
This movie will probably suck.

Why? Because the market is already saturated with plenty of Superhero movies and another mash up won't make anything better?

Nope. There's a LOT of superhero movies coming out right now, and people seem to be loving it (me included). The Thing with this cross over is Zack Snyder. He didn't do Superman all that good. As a MOVIE Man of Steel is cool and all, but as a superman movie... It actually kinda sucks. And that's why I think Superman/Batman would suck as well; Zack doesn't handle these things right.

But Man of Steel story is by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer, and Producer was also Nolan.

This movie will have different writers & producer most likely. Without C. Nolan as a writer, you can bet it will be in good hands. I trust David S. Goyer (middle-eastern American writer)

Yeah, on paper this looks like a steller team up, but I think the problem lies with Zack. 300 wasn't all that good; it was all about the visuals and the special effects - as was Man of Steel. The movie had some good ideas, but none was explored all that much. What bugged me was Supermans ignorance of human lives. He just didn't care. and the fact that Lois Lane figured out whom Superman was and ran around calling out "Clark! Clark!" all the time really got to me. No way Superman would destroy a city like he did in the Fight with Zod, nor would he let a city get demolished as it did by the cryptonians. THAT'S what made this a bad superman flick. Cool super hero movie and cool special effects, but it had nothing to do with superman.

300 doesn't have much material, like Fantastic Four.
Superman just became superman, so I don't know how skill he is suppose to be,malus he thinks of himself as pretty weak for a super strong person, but he clearly doesn't realize just how strong he really is.

Plus it was still more better then Star Trek 1 & Dragonball Evolution 1 LOL.

wilco said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

Why? Because the market is already saturated with plenty of Superhero movies and another mash up won't make anything better?

Nope. There's a LOT of superhero movies coming out right now, and people seem to be loving it (me included). The Thing with this cross over is Zack Snyder. He didn't do Superman all that good. As a MOVIE Man of Steel is cool and all, but as a superman movie... It actually kinda sucks. And that's why I think Superman/Batman would suck as well; Zack doesn't handle these things right.

But Man of Steel story is by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer, and Producer was also Nolan.

This movie will have different writers & producer most likely. Without C. Nolan as a writer, you can bet it will be in good hands. I trust David S. Goyer (middle-eastern American writer)

Lol.. I bet Christopher Nolan had nothing to do with MoS. Hes reached the point in his career where studios send dump trucks full of money to his doorstep to slap his name on projects.

David S. Goyer is a hack that has fooled everybody into thinking that hes talented. The best Nolan movies were the ones where Nolans brother was involved (TDK, Inception, Memento), not Goyer. (Batman Begins was a seriously flawed movie scriptwise).

Well, I like Batman Begins, but hate The Dark Knight.

I wish more movies were done like Batman Begins & The Simpsons Movie.

Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, on paper this looks like a steller team up, but I think the problem lies with Zack. 300 wasn't all that good; it was all about the visuals and the special effects - as was Man of Steel. The movie had some good ideas, but none was explored all that much. What bugged me was Supermans ignorance of human lives. He just didn't care. and the fact that Lois Lane figured out whom Superman was and ran around calling out "Clark! Clark!" all the time really got to me. No way Superman would destroy a city like he did in the Fight with Zod, nor would he let a city get demolished as it did by the cryptonians. THAT'S what made this a bad superman flick. Cool super hero movie and cool special effects, but it had nothing to do with superman.

Superman just became superman, so I don't know how skill he is suppose to be,malus he thinks of himself as pretty weak for a super strong person, but he clearly doesn't realize just how strong he really is.

I'm still having worries this movie won't be all that great

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

deskpro2k3 said:

I think its to soon to make this film. Its going to be a Batman Vs Superman movie, and Superman is going to lose in his own sequel..

They should've put in Lex, Bizarro, or Brainiac for the next sequel.

Instead they're going to do this....

I think they are doing this because people want Lex to be the next bad guy, and Lex Luther doesn't really work in a solo superman movie.
The Joker should have never been in a 21st century batman movie.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
Kaizar said:
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm still having worries this movie won't be all that great

I have worries no matter who does this crossover.

Batman/superman can be great, but I just don't trust anyone to do it right.

So I feel ya.

V-r0cK said:
Was not a fan of the Man of Steel movie and my gf really hated it. If the new Batman/Superman is going to be done the same way then I'm not looking forward to this.

It won't be done e same way.

I can 100% guarantee you that.

ShadowSoldier said:
My Body is Ready! Feels awesome to be a nerd nowadays

2013: Man Of Steel, The Wolverine, Thor 2, Iron Man 3
2014: Cap America 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Guardians of The Galaxy
2015: World's Finest, Avengers 2, Star Wars Episode VII,

And thats just Movies...not even counting the glorious video games of next gen

All those movies are filmed in 3D.

Well I'm not sure about wolverine though.

And I do love Project X Zone & Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon & Kid Icarus Uprising & a lot of these other next gen video games. And so far they are mostly in glasses-free 3D.

This news was kinda disappointing. When can we get WonderWoman, Aquaman, Flash, a good Green Lantern, perhaps even Green Arrow and Cyborg films? Come on... You want to release a Justice League movie in 2017 but you've bearly touched the rest of the cast?!

They keep popping out Batman and Superman films but we've got so little information on those supposed WonderWoman and Flash films. Also, GL was just terrible.

4 ≈ One

ShadowSoldier said:
Mensrea said:

John Hamm needs to be Batman.

That is Bruce Wayne if I have ever seen him.

My friends and I were going through actors who could pull of Bruce Wayne..and When we got to John Hamm...my God it was too perfect. The suave, the swag, the CHIN! This is a man that looks like he can hold his own against Henry Cavil

Well Batwoman is Jewish, so why not Batman as well. (because Jon Hamm is Jewish)

LOL, I just wanted to say that.

Anyways, I also think Jon Hamm makes a great Batman.