By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

crissindahouse said:
MoHasanie said:

The same way they release updates, they could release the download of the game as an optional update. 

But only those who bought MCC before end of December or something will get it for free, that's why they send all of thsoe who have played the game before end of December a code. An optional update would work for everyone but it's not supposed to be for everyone.

Maybe I didn't get what you mean and understood you wrong. 

Ohhh, I forgot that ODST was only for people that bought the game early. My mistake... yeah then codes is the only way to do it. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

How do the games with gold work for Xbox One? Do we keep them even after our gold expires? I think it was like that on 360 can't remember whether they changed it or not.

I only ask since I want Massive Chalice and there's currently an offer on for a month of gold for a quid. If I can just pay a quid for the single month and still play the game after that it would great, otherwise I might try and find a cheap year somewhere.

Yes, you can still play GWG games after your Gold has expired as far as I know.

shikamaru317 said:

Great, thanks Shika! I'll be sure to get that month of gold then

Ka-pi96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Woah hold up. GWG on the one is different, Its like ps+. you cant play them after you gold runs out

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kinisking said:
Ka-pi96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Woah hold up. GWG on the one is different, Its like ps+. you cant play them after you gold runs out

It is? :o

Awww man, oh well just gonna have to see if I can find a cheap year somewhere then.

I did a quick google search and X1 indeed does only allow games with gold as long as you have gold. Interesting as I assumed the policy was the same as 360.

kinisking said:

You sure about that? I haven't let my Gold expire since I got XB1, but I neverheard anything about them changing the policy. If so, that's really dissapointing since they release less games per month on XB1.

Edit: Wow, you're right. That's super dissapointing. Come on Microsoft, you have 1 less game a month on XB1 GWG than on PS4 PS+, and you dropped your permanent ownership advantage on pupose? What is wrong with you Phil, you need to fix that asap.

shikamaru317 said:
kinisking said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You sure about that? I haven't let my Gold expire since I got XB1, but I neverheard anything about them changing the policy. If so, that's really dissapointing since they release less games per month on XB1.

Games With Gold | Download Free Xbox One Games

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/games-with-gold
Xbox 
You can play them as long as you have an active Xbox Live Gold membership. Unfortunately, you can't go back and download games from prior periods once a free game download offering period has elapsed

shikamaru317 said:
kinisking said:

Edit: Wow, you're right. That's super dissapointing. Come on Microsoft, you have 1 less game a month on XB1 GWG than on PS4 PS+, and you dropped your permanent ownership advantage on pupose? What is wrong with you Phil, you need to fix that asap.

Thought this was well known? people kind of made a big deal about it.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion