Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

You know, truthfully I used to be excited about HoloLens back when it was known as Fortaleza. Back then I thought it was going to be maybe $250, a way to make Illumiroom-like features more affordable and more practical. Of course back then we thought LXP, Platform Next, and all of the other new studios were working on Xbox One, LXP and Platform Next were even both rumored to be AAA at one point. But the actual announcement of HoloLens was a disappointment, and the announcements since then have been just as disappointing. It really feels to me like yet another case of Microsoft's ambition exceeding their grasp. What could have been a fun, little gaming accessory has turned into a big, expensive, wearable computer. Who knows if MS will even support it long enough for technology to catch up to their vision, and for the price of said technology to decrease until it's affordable for the average consumer.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

Hololens is not a Xbox peripheral. MS is not marketing it solely as a gaming platform (it's a standalone device).

And therein lies the problem. Microsoft says that it's not an Xbox accessory, so why is it being shown at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing? Why did they let people believe for months and even years that studios like LXP and Platform Next were Xbox Studios if they were working on HoloLens that whole time, why didn't they just comes out an say "We've seen some speculation that studios you've seen job listings for are working on Xbox, before expectations get out of check we'd like to clarify that they are working with an unnanounced hardware device which will be announced at some point in the future, stay tuned for more"? MS kind of brought this on themselves.

Doesn't change that you get banned if you would say Xboxshit even if you could have the same honest and bad opinion about Xbox. You could say how horrible you find this and that about Xbox but calling it Xboxshit, Holoshit or whatever is still unnecessary and in my opinion childish.

Reminds me of some sports fans who call the club they hate not with the real name because "I don't want to speak out that name" logic. And that sometimes from 40 years old people...

Yeah, I'm no mod, but referring to something as "shit" is not something you want to do. Let's just drop that whole thing. It's cool if you want to discuss the positives, OR negatives of Hololens with Xbox, but simply calling it shit is not something you want to continue to do.

How much time do you all think MS will allocate to Hololens at E3.

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Goatseye said:
TiagoCosta said:

Exactly. I can only point negative points to it, as a gamer.

Hololens is not a Xbox peripheral. MS is not marketing it solely as a gaming platform (it's a standalone device).

Yup, pretty much the same point I was trying to make.

HoloLens is a computer first.  That's how microsoft is primarily marketing HoloLens.  Architecture, digital building and outputting on a massive scale, etc.  If HoloLens was primarily being marketed as a gaming peripheral/accessory, then I'd understand where you'd be finding disappointment or immediately discrediting it (from your gamer pov).  And it's likely going to be a bit costly because it's a full fledged pc meant to take the next step in computing and real world tasks.  And microsoft is probably showing some of it off at e3 to likely showcase minecraft running on HoloLens and probably other Xbox-related stuff for HoloLens. 

...btw, just because there are rumors going around regarding certain studios doing certain things, regardless if microsoft comments on the matter or not, you should never believe rumors, even if websites try to pass them off as the real deal.  They're just that.  Rumors and nothing more and nothing less.  You'd just be setting yourself up for a possible disappointment in the end if you believe them. 

And that's the last I'll speak of HoloLens for a while. 

And with that said, I'm officially done with this thread. 

Peace. 

Around the Network

I don't mind being banned lol

I've been literally asking for a LT ban since February.

Slade6alpha said:
Yeah, I'm no mod, but calling referring to something as "shit" is not something you want to do. Let's just drop that whole thing. It's cool if you want to discuss the positives, OR negatives of Hololens with Xbox, but simply calling it shit is not something you want to continue to do.

My hearts says 5 minutes, my brain says 10-15 minutes, lol.

If you guys love to see time wasted at the only time ms goes all out during 12 months, with a "stand alone tech".. Well, I don't. I hate it actually, I despise it.

shikamaru317 said:
Slade6alpha said:
Yeah, I'm no mod, but calling referring to something as "shit" is not something you want to do. Let's just drop that whole thing. It's cool if you want to discuss the positives, OR negatives of Hololens with Xbox, but simply calling it shit is not something you want to continue to do.

Overall, I do understand people dumping on it in some regards, but I'd at least want to see a little of what it has to offer Xbox, even if it's barely anything. We should wait till E3 to see how Hololens will affect Xbox. I honestly think we'll see more PC integration than Hololens, but that's just me

And yeah, I can easily see 10-15 minutes for it. 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Slade6alpha said:
shikamaru317 said:
Slade6alpha said:

Overall, I do understand people dumping on it in some regards, but I'd at least want to see a little of what it has to offer Xbox, even if it's barely anything. We should wait till E3 to see how Hololens will affect Xbox. I honestly think we'll see more PC integration than Hololens, but that's just me

And yeah, I can easily see 10-15 minutes for it. 

Holopet will be there.