By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

I think Forza could maybe come to PC. It could be also a great cross-platform game without real disadvantages (there are already some because of wheels vs. controllers and stuff) so that this wouldn't hurt anyone and would give more friends the chance to play together.

And if I remember correct they already showed how easy you could let Forza run on a PC with DirectX 12 so that it wouldn't really surprise me.

Around the Network

Looks amazing, they praise the XBO even without the latest SDK update :P

What did phil said about dx12?

shikamaru317 said:

You know, Age of is actually Microsoft Studios 3rd or 4th biggest franchise overall. I bet that's the other major Microsoft Studios franchise coming to Windows 10 that MS mentioned today. 

Halo- 60m

Gears- 20.4m

Forza- 20m

Age of- Over 17m in 2007 (quite possibly over 20m now thanks to the HD releases of AoE 2 and AoM on Steam). 

Fable- 13.2m

Kinect Sports- 8.7m

Minecraft!

crissindahouse said:
I think Forza could maybe come to PC. It could be also a great cross-platform game without real disadvantages (there are already some because of wheels vs. controllers and stuff) so that this wouldn't hurt anyone and would give more friends the chance to play together.

And if I remember correct they already showed how easy you could let Forza run on a PC with DirectX 12 so that it wouldn't really surprise me.

It would hurt XBO sales a lot! 

That would be like giving up on Europe. 

shikamaru317 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Minecraft!

I didn't include that since it was recently purchased, lol.

Makes sense. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
TiagoCosta said:
Looks amazing, they praise the XBO even without the latest SDK update :P

What did phil said about dx12?

Up to 50% performance improvement in CPU intensive games. Also some GPU improvements as well. Should definitely help Xbox One games out some, and we know that Fable Legends is DX12 now, so it'll probably be bumped up to 1080p from it's current 900p before release. I could see Forza 6 being a DX12 game as well, Turn 10 was one of the first devs to work with DX12.

I'm not exacly a tech guy, but don't third party games use more GPU more than CPU? 

For first party games they can go all out with CPU tho. 

shikamaru317 said:

You know, Age of is actually Microsoft Studios 3rd or 4th biggest franchise overall. I bet that's the other major Microsoft Studios franchise coming to Windows 10 that MS mentioned today. 

Halo Wars, Rise of Nations, Age of Empires, and Tomb Raider will all be games that go PC+XBO

Also wouldnt doubt if Crackdown as well being a game that is focusing on cloud

So WiiU is about 50K overtracked in France.

And XboxOne like 50k Undertracked..

Somehow half my post didn't appear. The site is so broken.

shikamaru317 said:
TiagoCosta said:

I'm not exacly a tech guy, but don't third party games use more GPU more than CPU? 

For first party games they can go all out with CPU tho. 

You're right, most 3rd party games are more GPU intensive than CPU intensive, but a few such as AC Unity and Skyrim are CPU intensive. 1st party devs should be able to go crazy with AI and physics effects with DX12, should be great for Crackdown since it's physics heavy. The small boost to GPU performance should help all devs out. Also, I think DX12 is supposed to bring the delayed release of tiled resources to Xbox One, so that'sll be nice as well. 

I see, makes sense. 

So Shenmue can go all out with crazy AI, on the population :P.  Gears4 can go all out on the campaign, should be glorious to play.

shikamaru317 said:
TiagoCosta said:

I see, makes sense. 

So Shenmue can go all out with crazy AI, on the population :P.  Gears4 can go all out on the campaign, should be glorious to play.

Yep, Quantum Break should see a pretty big improvement from switching to DX12 as well since it's physics heavy. Don't think it will be switching to DX12 though, Windows 10 and DX12 are rumored for Q4 and Quantum Break is rumored to be a Q3 release. 

Maybe they are delaying QB for DX12 integration? 

Just like turn10 they could have access to it already, who knows.