By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Edit: Amazing 4 Xbox skus occupy the top 15 Bestselling on BestBuy still.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Goatseye said:
You can tell that the gameplay is way faster at close range.

Yeah. Some people might not like that but I feel like it's a good thing. I like that Halo is the slowest paced mainstream FPS, but sometimes it feels too slow, like it takes too many shots to kill an enemy. 

As long as they allow both types of gameplay ill be fine. What I mean is have both big and small maps.  Halo has always been good about having different sized maps and weell designed maps at that.  So i want some good BTB maps and good slayer maps which Zealot certainly is

true_fan said:
So lets get a small survey going, based on the clarification posted by 343. Are they on the right track with Halo 5?

After i play the beta ill give my opinion.  

This thread is moving too damn fast. I can't keep up! D:

Yeah 60k is right around the corner. Especially with Halo Fest tomorrow.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
JayWood2010 said:

As long as they allow both types of gameplay ill be fine. What I mean is have both big and small maps.  Halo has always been good about having different sized maps and weell designed maps at that.  So i want some good BTB maps and good slayer maps which Zealot certainly is

Yeah, thst's still something that I'm worried about. We keep hearing about how the focus is on small arena based 4v4 maps, apparently all 8 maps in the beta are small-mid sized and the only gametypes in the beta are 4v4. I worry that they're so focused on the competitive arena gameplay that they're forgetting those of us who enjoy Big Team games as much as or more than the 4v4 arena games. I still hope they do a 2nd open beta next summer to test Big Team since it's apparently not going to be in this beta at all. 

That would be awesome if they did a second beta for BTB.  Dont get me wrong though, i still love 4v4 small and mid sized maps.  Its where most of my playtime has went but i also love going to BTB where vehicles play a vital role as well.

Thats a good sign they have 8 maps in the beta though.  I mean, being a year a way with 8 maps already is looking good.

true_fan said:
So lets get a small survey going, based on the clarification posted by 343. Are they on the right track with Halo 5?

I think descope, even starts, and the old scoring system are all good signs.

I'm concerned about the new "spartan abilities" and the new scoping but I'm going to need more info and gameplay as I haven't seen much of it.

Regardless I think it's safe to assume it's going to be better than H4's already. lol (IMO of course)

true_fan said:

Too soon to judge. I don't mind playing as Locke for half the game I just wonder if Locke will have some kind of Cortana. Also I liked playing with Cortana talking, now that she's gone it will feel weird because MC is kind of silent. Hope tougher enemies are smarter and not just cheap or better at aiming. 

Edit: I don't mind Spartan abilities but I don't want it to be like Destiny. Also I'm part of those that want faster multiplayer and more movement abilities.

It will definitely be very interesting to play the Halo 5 beta in the middle of my MCC gaming. Hopefully the Halo 5 beta makes me only want to play that for the time that it is available.

Halo stream tommorow at 8 pm pacific. And halo mcc out at 9 pm. Hopefully they show halo 5 in the first hour.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.