By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:

I'm not sure how 343 arrived at the conclusion that this was what they needed to do to bring back players after the disaster that was Halo 4 multiplayer (the fastest player drop-off rate in Halo MP history). Didn't they hire on some former Halo MLG players from the classic era (2 and 3)? How did they let this happen? It seems like 343 is removing all of the things that make Halo different from other shooters. The main draw of Halo for me is the classic FPS gameplay. Why, when the main criticism of Halo 4 MP was that they copied other modern shooters too much, would they go and copy other modern shooters even more than Halo 4 did? It just baffles me. The only good thing is that the beta is nearly a year in advance, they could still change this stuff.

Didn't a lot of those guys switch to COD when Reach came out?

Around the Network

What 343i has to realize is that there are games which are strong because they are something special to people. Halo was one of these games and another example would be Counter Strike. The next Counter Strike can't feel super fast and more like CoD just because CoD is famous. Counter Strike and Halo are also famous (CS:GO has still 200k players at the same time) and they don't have to be like something else just because that is maybe even more famous.

Those who want CoD play CoD and those who want Battlefield play Battlefield. You don't have to convince people not interested in your franchise that they will be in the future, you have to convince people interested in your franchise that this franchise will be always something for them or for new fans who would choose Halo instead of CoD or Battlefield exactly because it would be so different to these games they don't like as much. 

If you change stuff in you games do it so that it is good for this franchise and not how it is popular in games which have a totally different fanbase for totally different things.

i think people are overreacting it looks like its a new zoom for the br not ads

shikamaru317 said:

I'm not sure how 343 arrived at the conclusion that this was what they needed to do to bring back players after the disaster that was Halo 4 multiplayer (the fastest player drop-off rate in Halo MP history). Didn't they hire on some former Halo MLG players from the classic era (2 and 3)? How did they let this happen? It seems like 343 is removing all of the things that make Halo different from other shooters. The main draw of Halo for me is the classic FPS gameplay. Why, when the main criticism of Halo 4 MP was that they copied other modern shooters too much, would they go and copy other modern shooters even more than Halo 4 did? It just baffles me. The only good thing is that the beta is nearly a year in advance, they could still change this stuff.

Sadly I don't think the pros have much say, they're most likely there to balance what is already planned. Halo went modern with H4... look how that turned out? New players didn't come and it turned away the old fanbase. ADS is a massive change, moreso than sprint/AAs. I'm not really sure what 343i are thinking, we need change but not something that changes what has made Halo... well Halo. 343i started out strong with Reach they listened to everyone! They actually took out sprint and added no bloom, everyone was pretty pleased but they came back and added in everything back and more stuff such as flinch and killstreaks (ordinance) with H4... Now it's getting even crazier.

I really had faith in 343i but damn my first impressions from that gameplay are not good at all... If it wasn't for the sword and me knowing that map/Halo UI if someone told me that was from COD AW I would have believed them....

Am I overreacting a tad? sure, you can say that but it's only because I'm a hardcore Halo fan. 

On a positive note it looks like the classic scoring system is back and not that infinity shit from H4.

Azerth said:
i think people are overreacting it looks like its a new zoom for the br not ads

Also, it looks good in terms of pacing. Even Nintendo understands that Mario needs to shake up a bit to keep it fresh.

We'll see how itplays on Beta.I bet people will love it.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

What 343i has to realize is that there are games which are strong because they are something special to people. Halo was one of these games and another example would be Counter Strike. The next Counter Strike can't feel super fast and more like CoD just because CoD is famous. Counter Strike and Halo are also famous (CS:GO has still 200k players at the same time) and they don't have to be like something else just because that is maybe even more famous.

Those who want CoD play CoD and those who want Battlefield play Battlefield. You don't have to convince people not interested in your franchise that they will be in the future, you have to convince people interested in your franchise that this franchise will be always something for them or for new fans who would choose Halo instead of CoD or Battlefield exactly because it would be so different to these games they don't like as much. 

If you change stuff in you games do it so that it is good for this franchise and not how it is popular in games which have a totally different fanbase for totally different things.

Amen! Totally agree with this. 

So let's bury Halo 5 one year before it's release? C'mon people that video is what, 6sec?!? You'll all be able to play the beta in about a month can't we wait until then before overreacting...

Lol people freaking out about ads. It's no different from zoom from the other halo games. The only differance is the look to it.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

if the people don´t like it during the beta they will change it, no reason to flipp out

crissindahouse said:

I agree with you but with time things need to change they cannot remain same however they don't need to be so drastic like what I just saw.